Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Happiness is New Asphalt

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Happiness is New Asphalt

Old 07-14-2005, 09:21 PM
KevinBarr
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Happiness is New Asphalt

Our club recently removed our aging 390' asphalt runway and replaced it with 600' of brand new blacktop. I always felt we had one of the best flying sites in Minnesota, but now it's even better.

Our club has a varied interest in modelers, from gliders, electrics, warbirds to turbine flyers. This new runway has sure opened th possibility for different jet models.

A special thanks go out to the membership of Tri-Valley RC and also to our President Brandt Jasper and Club Secretary Dave Schwantz for their effort to get the job done.

If anyone is ever up in the Twin City area, feel free to swing by.

Here is our link: http://trivalley.mitesites.com

Thanks to member John Clark for the aerial photos...

Regards,

Kevin Barr
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59990.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	297307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp46312.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	297308   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66049.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	297309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le93111.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	297310   Click image for larger version

Name:	Al70447.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	297311  
Old 07-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Shui
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Happiness is New Asphalt

Hey Kevin,

Nice runway! I'll have to get up there and log some flights soon!
Old 03-11-2011, 04:43 AM
tsekoa
My Feedback: (2)

Too bad you lost the field and now the runway is totally gone along with the 17,000 dollars to put it in and another three thousand to get it torn out. What a waist of time and money. Could have been better spent lobbying the U of M to save the field. Now where do you fly your jets? Selfish on your part I would say.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:39 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Too early for POP CORN
Old 03-11-2011, 05:52 AM
G4guy
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: tsekoa

Too bad you lost the field and now the runway is totally gone along with the 17,000 dollars to put it in and another three thousand to get it torn out. What a waist of time and money. Could have been better spent lobbying the U of M to save the field. Now where do you fly your jets? Selfish on your part I would say.
Was any of that money yours? If not, what do you care?

PS. Hey Kevin, if you are still around on RC Universe (this is a 6 year old post) That Mercury is STILL running fine!!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:16 AM
KevinBarr

Tsekoa, Just another Troll who hides behind a screen name. One thing I have learned from people like you: An empty Barrel makes the most noise!!

I had to chuckle when you listed your favorite airplane as a Telemaster. You are just another fixed income whiner who didn't like to see the outcome of a vote in a club. I know it is a crush to your ego that nobody showed any interest in your Goldberg Cub, especially when all those expensive jets were sitting down at the other end of the field, any one of them costing more than your car (or house for that matter). I suggest you just hop back up on the fence with all the other wannabees and let those who makes things happen in this life get on with it...
Old 03-11-2011, 07:24 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Just out of curiosity, what happened to the field?

-S
Old 03-11-2011, 07:27 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: KevinBarr

I had to chuckle when you listed your favorite airplane as a Telemaster. You are just another fixed income whiner who didn't like to see the outcome of a vote in a club. I know it is a crush to your ego that nobody showed any interest in your Goldberg Cub, especially when all those expensive jets were sitting down at the other end of the field, any one of them costing more than your car (or house for that matter). I suggest you just hop back up on the fence with all the other wannabees and let those who makes things happen in this life get on with it...
I wonder why jet pilots have the image of the "Elitest *****hole"?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:33 AM
basimpsn

ORIGINAL: KevinBarr

Tsekoa, Just another Troll who hides behind a screen name. One thing I have learned from people like you: An empty Barrel makes the most noise!!

Yep with a comment like that,, I'm with Tsekoa .
Old 03-11-2011, 07:39 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: tsekoa

wow, they lost the new field and then had to tear it out? How does that happen?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:55 AM
D Luce
My Feedback: (13)

It's not to early for popcorn....

Bob if you were at the meeting where we were deciding to put in the runway or not the vote to put it in was a landslide, I think it was 123 to 12. And for your info it was 26,000 and 6,000 to remove it. Im not sure of the reason for this post. One question, if the U of M did not cancel all the leases between tenants would it still have been a waste of time and money? because every time we had an event there you heard people comment on how nice of a place it was. Just woundering....

Don
Old 03-11-2011, 08:14 AM
KevinBarr

Don,

My guess is it must have been a boring Oprah day for our buddy Bob here to comment on a 5 1/2 year old thread. We both know the exact reason Tri-Valley shriveled up and died..you can see it in his post.

And regarding the other posts, Yes, jet flying is an elite segment of the hobby, one I was proud to be part of.

MMMM...Popcorn
Old 03-11-2011, 08:41 AM
basimpsn

Honey,,STOP the micro wave oven, This thread not going anywhere

Ok I will start a Poll Title What is considered the (Elite segment of the RC hobby)

1 TURBINE JETS

2 ELECTRIC JETS

3 IMACC FLYING

4 3D FLYING

5 HELICOPTER,GLOW,ELECTRIC OR TURBINE.

Honey Press start
Old 03-11-2011, 08:00 PM
rocketman-RCU
My Feedback: (73)

Out of curiosity, how does any RC club come up with that kind of money for a runway?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:59 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Out of curiosity, how does any RC club come up with that kind of money for a runway?
Fund-raisers, private donations and I think you can get some assistance from the AMA.

I fly at a club that is located in a city park that was set aside for model flying (and model flying only). A previous club president got the city to agree to pay for half of a paved runway, got the AMA to agree to donating some funds and the club would have had to cover the rest, which was very doable. He took it to the club for a vote and was voted down.........badly. Most club members felt that pavement was just too hard on airframes and the rest, just did not want to spend any club money. Go figure.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

Kevin and Don I miss you guys....... Get em!!!!

Tim.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:02 PM
rjbob
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: grbaker

Fund-raisers, private donations and I think you can get some assistance from the AMA.

I fly at a club that is located in a city park that was set aside for model flying (and model flying only). A previous club president got the city to agree to pay for half of a paved runway, got the AMA to agree to donating some funds and the club would have had to cover the rest, which was very doable. He took it to the club for a vote and was voted down.........badly. Most club members felt that pavement was just too hard on airframes. Go figure.
One has to be either stupid, ignorant, or both in order to believe that pavement is too hard on an airframe...unless, of course, one's landing approach is vertically perpendicular to the runway.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:35 PM
jetrichie

First class site, well done