Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster Hawk Once Again (at least!)

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster Hawk Once Again (at least!)

Old 04-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Buzz Kill
My Feedback: (220)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster Hawk Once Again (at least!)

Ali,
Thanks for the input. I had to reverse all 3 retract units which was no big deal. I am currently setting up the elevator dual servos which is proving to be fun! I am running two fr 8611a's so flutter will hopefull be no issues at all. Do you have a picture of your hawk's front tray layouts? I would love to see how you set yours up.

Thanks,
Buzz
Old 04-22-2006, 03:49 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wea re currently testing a new gear setup from Jet-1A especialy made for rough terain but still scale
they are good for the job
Old 12-29-2006, 06:52 PM
samo

Maiden!!

Took my Christmas present out today and did the maiden flight. I'm using a Weatronic RX with a gyro (on the aileron surface) and wow, what an awesome machine. Take off was with ease -almost by itself - with little elevator necessary. Flight characterisitcs were smooth but the landing was as good as it gets. Cut the throttle and the flap/elevator mix gave it a nice glide angle with a slight nose up attitude. The gyro kept it level despite a stiff cross breeze. It touched down as smooth as can be without ANY aileron or elevator imput. I love the Weatronics receiver. You get the best of all worlds with this unit. Thanks all, for the imput and helpful info. on this forum.
Here's some pics,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42579.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	586175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92499.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	586176   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63577.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	586177  
Old 01-16-2008, 01:14 PM
MP3_tilaco

Nice plane, I have one Hawk too, now I'm installing the tanks but I have the similar rproblem with the clung, I'd like do not intall other small tank and I try to modify the position and configuration of the same SM tank, I'll post my work because I need your opinion about it.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:52 AM
savasn

bump. hi all just joined this forum, new to jets and have a Skym Hawk in red Arrows , awsome .
just wanted some advice on best set up for landing configuration,  i am finding that i have to concentrate too hard currently i have slight up elev on full flap stage, is this enough, what about crow(up ail?/)

thks in advance
Old 01-24-2011, 03:15 AM
In the Haze

ORIGINAL: savasn

bump. hi all just joined this forum, new to jets and have a Skym Hawk in red Arrows , awsome .
just wanted some advice on best set up for landing configuration, i am finding that i have to concentrate too hard currently i have slight up elev on full flap stage, is this enough, what about crow(up ail?/)

thks in advance
Savas with all the help Greg D has given you, why don't you ask him? Secondly the only way is to burn fuel and practice, as a pattern flyer you should be well aware of that.