Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Y/A F-4 & F-16C Phantom ARF Q's

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Y/A F-4 & F-16C Phantom ARF Q's

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 04:00 PM
WarbirdAirRacer
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Y/A F-4 & F-16C Phantom ARF Q's

I was wondering if anyone has put a small Turbine in this ARF kit ? if you have how does it fly? is it to small for a turbine ?

and this question is for Shaun how much does the ARF (F-4 & F-16 With gear for F-16C) kit cost now-a-days?

and how is the F-16 ARF kit ? and whats it costs with scale gear ? and can you drop a small turbine in that aswell?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Shaun Evans

Default RE: Y/A F-4 & F-16C Phantom ARF Q's

Hi,

Well, the ARF F-4 question is probably moot because we don't plan to make any more of those in the forseeable future. As far as a given plane being to small for a turbine, I guess that depends on the available turbines. We've seen very small jets (.45 size DF) fly on turbine power successfully, so I guess the plane would have to be VERY small to be too small. I've seen a few F-4s fly on turbine power, but it's been a long time. The ones I saw flew fine but were very heavy and only had the 11 pound Ram 500s in them.

The F-16C kit is $700. It's a relatively easy plane to build as far as jets go. The ARF is $2495. It comes with pretty much everything done including the gear doors being installed, hinged and equipped with the air cylinders. You don't need to install anything except your equipment. The scale gear are $480, and the wheels and brakes are $215. We currently only have the General Dynamics scheme in stock. Hope this helps.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:53 AM
WarbirdAirRacer

Hey Shaun, Thanks for the reply back. Thats ok about the F-4 as im not much of a F-4 fan anyway. but thought i'd ask beucase one of my friends had one when Yellow first came out with them, and it was a nice looking Arf.

Do you have any photos of what the General Dynamics scheme looks like ? and how long before you get other color scheme available
Old 11-14-2005, 10:10 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

I have not turbinized one, cannot contribute to that, but I did own an F-4 ARF and I have to say, it was a cut above what you see out there today, it is really a custom-built model, to a VERY high standard, really excellent. Would love to see one of their new big F-18s up close.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:03 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Warbird,

If you got the dough go for the ARF F-16. Im building the kit right now, and although it is very fun to build it is time consuming.
But don't get me wrong, it's a really good kit!!

I ended up buying a RTF F-16 to have fun with while building the kit at the same time. Gotta love those YA Falcons.

David
Old 11-14-2005, 08:54 PM
WarbirdAirRacer

I agree with the Yellow F-16 ARF is thee niceset ARFs around I kinda have a problem spending the 2500 plus 700 for gear, plus shipping.....for this kinda size F-16. Now I agree I would be spending that and then some for most any other kit more so one from over seas. So I will just get the Yellow and save some money on building etc. My next Question is when will you have the 3 tone GrayARF ready to ship ?

Also what kind of stores are avilable for the Yellow F-16?