Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Dan Gill Panther

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Dan Gill Panther

Old 04-01-2006, 01:03 PM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dan Gill Panther

A Dan Gill Panther kit arrived at my home last week. My buddy and I have been flying 2 Ziroli Panthers that we built in the late 90's. Steve had been saying that if you enlarged it 10% he would like it much better. Lo and behold, last year, Dan Gill offered a F9F kit that was 10% larger than the Ziroli. I informed Steve that his dream had come true and we placed an order with Dan. Steve came over yesterday and we inspected the kit. We were impressed with the quality of the model and how things fit together. You can tell Dan Gill takes pride in his work to produce a very nice F9F. We are very delighted with this kit.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

Now, we have to look for a P-120 and order the retracts.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:21 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Dan Gill Panther

How about some pics and/or a website?
Old 04-01-2006, 01:47 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_34...tm.htm#3467708
Old 04-01-2006, 02:54 PM
Cooper
My Feedback: (4)

Dan's website is

www.details4scale.com/

He does great work!

BRG

Greg Anixter
Old 04-01-2006, 05:20 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: warbird51

. We were impressed with the quality of the model and how things fit together. You can tell Dan Gill takes pride in his work to produce a very nice F9F. We are very delighted with this kit.[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Warbird 51
I agree with you Dan produces a nice kit, and its well worth the wait.
On the one I have I've cut the door locations and sanded the seams. Waiting on a few items before I start the build .
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 04-02-2006, 01:12 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

i have been speaking an emailing quite a bit with dan lately. he seems to finally be settled in after moving. also, he is current on panther deliveries, so anyone thinking of a panther the line is short again. i am still flying the prototype from early last year. more than a hundred flights and no issues. he is planning on putting an add here on rcu in a month or so now that he is settled in and set up for production. barry
Old 04-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Details 4 Scale
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks guys,

I'd like to take the time to thank my customers for helping to make my Panther a great success. It's been a long time in the making and the long move has made it difficult for me to keep up. I appreciate everyone's patience with me throughout the past few months. Also, a special thanks to my friend Barry Raborn for all his input in the last year and a half. Look for the new Ad on RCU very soon. I wanted to be sure everything was dialed in before the full release of the production kit. As Barry will attest, with over 100 flights on the prototype, the Panther is now ready for full production release. If you're looking for an affordable "True Scale" jet with great performance, all in a high quality, fully molded airframe, then the Panther is a great choice.

Best Regards,

Old 04-03-2006, 12:10 AM
F9FFlyer
My Feedback: (2)

I have to agree with Barry and Dan on the Panther , it`s a beautiful and well put together kit
and there is no limit on how scale you want to make it . They fly great and I`ve started on
mine and hoping to have it flying by Lubbock in Aug . Thanks Dan and Barry for a great kit .
Ken White
Old 04-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

I ordered mine last week.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:05 AM
shanksow
My Feedback: (2)

Sure does look real pretty! Look forward to seeing it in action in August.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:22 PM
u2fast

walking down memory lane tonight after getting my little girl to sleep. sure miss the panther kit. ah, what could have been? barry
Old 01-31-2007, 09:03 AM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (47)

Barry,
BVM bought the tooling and manufacturing rights from Details 4 Scale last year. You can see the announcement under "What's New" on BVM's website. No word on when it might be available.

Joe
Old 01-31-2007, 09:09 AM
u2fast

oh, i know he bought it. i just was the person who put up all the money and bought the equipment for it to be produced and i had a signed business contract with dan gill. but that didnt keep him from quietly selling it to bvm without notifying me. i never saw any return on my investment. dan pretty much kept it. at least the kit is in honest hands now. i just was surfing around rcu last night and saw this old thread and thought what might have been for dan if he would have worked hard and fullfilled his obligation with me. such potential. barry
Old 01-31-2007, 09:35 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Barry,
I'm sure this whole subject is hard for you to stoamch. I have to give you credit for moving beyond it.
Bob
Old 01-31-2007, 10:11 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (72)

Just reading this makes me upset over again too !! If it was me I would be putting a lean on all the equipment, its easy and cheap to initiate the process. If this was a cross-state deal, then the FTC and FBI can be involved ( as I’m sure the amounts of $ lost are on the significant side). You can also issue the current owner of the stolen goods a bill for your lost investment ( also billing legal fees ) .. after 60 days, initiate a collections process ... this ends up resulting in a judgment against the illegal owner unless they are able to prove they are in the right... it would be BVM's problem that the lean would follow right into them !! BVM purchasing this from Dan is no different than buying a stolen boom-box off of a hoodlum on the street ... its STOLLEN PROPERTY either way... Its such a shame there are so many thieves around in this hobby …

Voy
Old 01-31-2007, 10:50 AM
u2fast

going after bvm just brings another victim into the deal. i am trying to take the high road. but i do have a patient who is an irs agent. he advised me to wait until 07 because the law has changed and there is a 30 percent rat on a rat bounty that just started. he is getting the ball rolling on that front. i will be making sure dan plays by the rules the rest of us play by.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:49 PM
u2fast

here is the old contract among friends. a hand shake would have been enough for me[]. i went into the old panther project for 4 reasons. 1-i wanted to help dan and his family, 2-i love rc, 3-i really love the panther, and 4-i was stupid, i must be going through depresion to walk down this road of memories. barry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95952.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	611161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91874.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	611162   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69921.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	48.1 KB