Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Roll call for JR (T-38) Jetfest

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Roll call for JR (T-38) Jetfest

Old 07-29-2006, 01:31 PM
SUMMIT120

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll call for JR (T-38) Jetfest

Fellow pilots,

We are making our final preparations for our JR (T-38) Jetfest. We are hoping that the addition of JR/Horizon as a major event sponsor and John Redman as co-CD will help to bring the event to the next level.

We are pro rating the event fees as follows.

If you get there on Monday the fee is $60, Tuesday $50, and Wednesday $40. If yo get there on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday the event fee is $30. All pilots will receive two lunch meal tickets as part of their entry fee. Those pilots who arrive on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday will receive, in addition to the two lunch meal tickets, a meal ticket for the Saturday night banquet as part of their entry fee. For the rest, the Saturday night banquet will be an additional $10 per person.

We will be flying on the usual runway that everyone has come to love and enjoy. We are hoping for great flying weather.

We will keep you updated as more information is available.

Mike Danchak
Old 07-29-2006, 05:57 PM
rcav8tr

Default RE: JR (T-38) Jetfest

Hi Mike

What are the dates?
Old 07-29-2006, 06:22 PM
SUMMIT120

The event will be held on August 14-20. The contest site is Reese Technology Center, the former Reese
AFB, Lubbock, Texas.

We have two websites with information:

www.T-38Jetrally.com

www.wingsmas.com

Mke Danchak
Old 08-02-2006, 09:08 PM
SUMMIT120

Things are shaping up nicely.

We have a great club, Wings Miniature Aircraft Society, with a lot of capable members who are willing to help out.

We have John Redman who needs no introduction in these circles.

I will be bringing my two Bandits, and also my BVM F-16.

Mike Danchak
Old 08-02-2006, 10:32 PM
rc4mike
My Feedback: (1)

we should be there wed night

mike jensen
Old 08-03-2006, 09:05 AM
viper48

I plan on arriving Thursday morning.

John Hall
Old 08-03-2006, 09:19 PM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Roll call for JR (T-38) Jetfest

Hey guys, I will be arriving on Tuesday and am looking forward to flying with some old freinds. Talked to my Airworld buddies and they are coming out as well. Jason Somes, Rob Janiger, and Sung Kim will be hitting the Texas sky for some good old fashion jet flying Texas style. Gonna be a great time.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:19 PM
jetjockey

Guys, I'm gonna be there early with a C-ARF MiG 15, a new Rookie, and plan to debut my new C-ARF Lightning. John Redman agreed to test fly it for me - do you guys think this decision was a mistake????? (Just Kidding!) John is a pretty hot stick, and I thought I'd give him the pleasure - Might just make a convert??

Gonna Be Great!! The weather is forecast to be perfect, we'll have lots of food, cold beverages, and a banquet on Saturday night featuring REAL Texas BBQ Brisket - my mouth is watering already! We have trophies sponsored by leading manufacturers to hand out to deserving pilots, and we have a long list of other sponsors to thank this year, especially JR and Horizon Hobbies among others. Come on out and have a great time with us.

Y'all come on down. See you then.

Les
Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

Hi guys,
I will be there Wednesday morning, but I will have to leave friday nite. Please keep the outside temperature below 95 degrees, if at all possible! [8D]
Old 08-04-2006, 10:43 PM
John Redman

Just talked with my buddy Joe Castelao and he is coming out from Airworld USA as well. He will have his Airworld Cougar with him and I'm gonna steal the transmitter on this one.

This is going to be one great time.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 08-06-2006, 12:25 AM
shanksow

We had a work party out this morning and a local radio personality was invited out for a quick demostration. I'm still worried about my current work schedule as to when I will actually be able to come out and work the radio impound again. Looking forward to seeing all of you again and all the jets flying.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:31 AM
jetjockey

Calling all WINGS Members: Remember guys, club meeting at the field on Tuesday, August 8th -- last meeting before the JR JetFest and we need all able bodies there for job assignments. This is gonna be a BIG one with all the media coverage and vendors we've got lined up, so we'll need all available hands during the meet. Don't worry about being there all week, just help when you can. See Mike Danchek, Robert Masten, or me for job assignments if you can help us out. We should have a real spectator turnout on Friday and Saturday, so we will need the help - This is gonna be GOOD!!!

Ron, the weather forecast is for daily high temps to be below 95 next week. Not gonna say HOW much below, but your wish is gonna be fulfilled!!! Ya'll come on out and have a good time with us!!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:59 AM
jetjockey

JR JetFest Attendees: If you need to access the field after hours, please call James Love (806) 891-6786 for admission. James will be camped out at the field beginning August 12, 2006 and will stay for the duration of the meet. If any of you are considering arriving early (before August 14th) that's fine, James (and our work party) will be on site for parking and camping information Saturday and Sunday.

Weather forecast calls for daytime high temps in the low 90's and cool nights.

Gonna be GREAT!!!!!

See you there, Les
Old 08-08-2006, 10:37 AM
1Eye

Mike, at least two of us will be coming from Colorado Springs arriving on Wed. with a *****load of jets. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing John Redman who gave me so much encouragement during my Bandit build "way back when" during my battle with what seemed to be never-ending medical issues at the time.

Semper Gumby

The Other Mike
Old 08-08-2006, 06:39 PM
John Redman

Hey Mikey,

Should be a great time. I am sending out an E-flite Airliner so we can do some serious jet flying. That one won't take you so long to build.

I talked with BV today and he sending me out the new Bandit ARF for some good Bandit flying. Any jet pilots who are thinking about their next bird will want to take a look at this one. I'll have the buddy cord lying around as well, so bring over your 10X and we'll set the hook on your next project. You guys are really gonna love this one!!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:12 PM
TXJETS
My Feedback: (3)

Hi MIKE

I will be arriving early Sat 12 around 4pm, looking forward to a great week of flying and meeting everyone, My first Jet Rally. I will be staying in the motorhome all week, lots of flying, cooking and social, will call James a couple of hrs out of town, might need to know where to get some propane on the way to the field.

Randy
Old 08-08-2006, 07:45 PM
james love

Randy, probably the best place to get propan will be the Flying J truck stop at 4th st and I27 on the north side od lubbock. I will be at the field around 10 on Saturday morning.

James Love

ph 806-891-6786
Old 08-09-2006, 08:07 AM
james love

Anybody comming from Austin? Bob, Roger, Dan, Doug, Ken? Youguys have been kind of guite lately.

James Love
Old 08-10-2006, 11:23 PM
james love

Anybody comming from Houston?

James Love
Old 08-10-2006, 11:32 PM
shanksow

For the local group (Wings MAS).

Guys -

Finally got my schedule locked down from Convergys and I work this weekend so that I can get next weekend off(Aug 18 -20). Plus I even managed to get half shifts for Wed. and Thur (Aug 16 & 17th). So it looks like I'm in great shape now to be able to attend the event now.

For the out of towners -

Anybody else coming? Theres 10,000 feet by 150 feet wide runway to play with........
Old 08-11-2006, 07:58 AM
jetjockey

Hey Don, give me a call when you get a chance. Need to discuss a couple of logistics for next week with you.

It's gonna be GREAT!! Almost here -- can't wait.

All... Weather forecast has the high temperature hovering around 90 degrees all week -- overnight lows in the high 60's. Should be really great with a little breeze from the South -- right down the strip. Couldn't ask for much better.

Ya'll come on and have a great time with us.

Les
Old 08-12-2006, 10:55 PM
james love

The JR(T38) Jet Fest is set up and open for flying If you want fly off one of the best runways (150x10,000, no obstructions within a quarter mile or better) in Texas all are wellcome.

James Love
Old 08-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Pizzazz
My Feedback: (22)

I will be coming in Wednesday and looking forward to the event.

Greg
Old 08-13-2006, 10:36 PM
james love

Hay Mike(rc4mike) are you comming?

James Loce
Old 08-14-2006, 12:35 PM
F9FFlyer

Hi James, going to have to miss this one . Going threw 7 more weeks of radiation treatment for prostate cancer. Hope to be able to make Waco
in Sept ,was really looking forward to this one this year ,next year for sure . Will have the new Panther ready for Waco I hope . Hope everyone
has a great week of flying . Haven`t heard of anyone else from Austin ,but I`m sure Dan , Doug ,Bob Price and a few more will be there . Ken

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.