Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Wren 54 Mk11 Noise

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Wren 54 Mk11 Noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 11:23 AM
meps
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wren 54 Mk11 Noise

Hi, I have a Wren 54 Mk11 with 16 hours on it. At 100,000 rpms, the ' whistling sound goes away and it makes a low frequency humming noise.The sound goes away beyond that reading. It sounds like a hoover vacuum to say the least. I've been told it could be the bearings. If it's the bearings, I would assume that it should create noises all the way through the rpm range. There is absolutely no detectable play in the compressor or shaft components when checked by hand. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Steve
Old 04-09-2007, 12:15 PM
WrenTurbines

Default RE: Wren 54 Mk11 Noise

Hello Steve,

It's unlikely to be the bearings themselves. When they are worn it's most noticeable when you shut the engine down and all the other noises have gone away. The noise that's left, whilst the engine is spooling down, is the sound of the bearings.

Noises at around 100,000 rpm are often caused by some minor alignment problem in the shaft tunnel/shaft/bearing area. Please contact us by email or phone and talk directly to a Wren engineer for the best advice.

We won't be at work till tomorrow, today is a public holiday in the UK.

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines
Old 04-09-2007, 12:26 PM
meps
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Wren 54 Mk11 Noise

Thanks, Sara. I'll contact you tomorrow.
Steve