Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fei Bao Hawk

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fei Bao Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 09:28 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts
Default RE: Fei Bao Hawk

Like I said, Sandor has some good info. and should be listen to.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:36 AM
A MAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carlos
Tam fixed my problem on the elevators being crooked. he just bent them to fit. i thought of doing that but was afraid of breaking something. i have another question??? How do you set up the dual linkage at the servo end for the elevator using a single servo 8711. i tried but the linkage hits the servo , that will not work. ANYONE CAN help me with a picture or drawing would be great. thanks in advance.........
later
Arden
Old 08-29-2007, 11:25 AM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Arden, is this what you need?

Carlos has posted these photos. If I had this plane I'd think the 8711 would be a fine servo for the elevator. The installation looks very straight forward. Hardware/linkages/Servo. Maybe Steve could show a photo of his setup.

Sorry to interrupt, just very excited about this plane. Anyone have cockpit options?

Joe
Old 08-29-2007, 01:50 PM
A MAY

Yes that is what i am trying to do but the head of the bolt and hardware hit the servo case not letting it go full travel i was thinking runing the bolt thru the arm and installing all the hardware on the outside of the arm maybe to much flex i don't know also i broke the elevator bearing ,i put ca to take care of slop. I let dry lightly sand then when sliding elevator on i guess it was to tight and pushed the bearing apart. the other side went great no slop very tight. tam and i discused this yesterday at his shop he also fixed my elevator problem by just bendig the shaft worked perfectly.beter than replacing the former. any body know were i can get them bearings would be great
Later
Arden
Old 08-29-2007, 02:00 PM
stevo_m

In the Uk we have RS components for the bearings, ref: 540-299

[link=http://rswww.com]RS site UK[/link]

[link=http://rswww.com/cgi-bin/bv/rswww/searchBrowseAction.do?obs=sObs&name=SiteStandard&No=0&N=0&Ntk=I18NAll&Ntt=540-299&Nty=1&D=540-299&Ntx=mode%20matchpartial&Dx=mode%20matchpartial&callingPage=/jsp/homePage/homePage.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@1166859003.1188414110@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccciaddlldlmfkfcefeceeldgondhgh.0&cacheID=ukie&Nr=avl:uk]bearing page[/link]

I changed these after one of mine fell apart. I strongly suggest you change yours if it's fallen apart for some quality ones.

My elevator servo setup is 2x 8411's running side by side, matched through my weatronics box. M3 bolt through the 2 servo arms with 1 M4 linkage to the elevator control arms with a M4 bolt through the arms which clamps the linkage together. Seems to work fine. I was told that the elevator needs at leat 30kg pull though which is why I went for this option.

I can't get any photos as they are now buried under the thrust tube!!

Steve
Old 08-29-2007, 03:23 PM
A MAY

steve
thanks for the info i was able to locate some bearings close to home i will have today i may go with a dual 8711 servo set up unless some one comes up with a way i can just use one servo
Arden
Old 08-29-2007, 11:28 PM
CARS II

Arden

This is the same servo that was used on the #1 Hawk, it give us full travel on the elevator, may be you need to use an arm that is a little longer to give you more travel.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:12 AM
A MAY

Carlos
the servo arm is the same length as yours.i picked up another 8711, going to use two it will be a bit easy to hook up . do you have some play in the bering to shaft and if you did what did you do to corect. installing the control horns can be a pain............may reinvent that part so i can tighten the socket head screws from the top

Arden
Old 08-31-2007, 03:04 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: A MAY

Carlos
installing the control horns can be a pain............may reinvent that part so i can tighten the socket head screws from the top

Arden
What you do is drill the holes
take a new screw and bolt, and reverse it , where the nut goes in the sunk hole...
Old 08-31-2007, 06:46 AM
stevo_m

Anyone know where I can get a full cockpit inc pilots from for this model??

Cheers

Steve
Old 08-31-2007, 07:40 AM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve

As far as I know Feibao does not yet produce a cockpit for the Hawk. In fact I don't think they offer any scale cockpits. Skymasters are now offering a scale cockpit for their new Hawk which may fit the Feibao Hawk with or without some modification. Go to the Skymasters website to look at it, looks good to me.

John
Old 08-31-2007, 08:44 AM
acrodust

We have cockpit for the FeiBao Hawk .
See our web site : www.jetunivers.com

Brg
Christophe
Jet Univers
Old 08-31-2007, 10:41 AM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Christophe

Is this the same cockpit as Skymaster are selling? It looks identical.

Best regards

John
Old 08-31-2007, 10:50 AM
stevo_m

It looks like it is. Also looks like it has the split in it just like the Fei bao moulds for the cockpit.

Interesting.

Steve
Old 08-31-2007, 07:28 PM
A MAY

hey digitech,

referencece to post #59 . That is what i had in mind doing. dumb inginering on there part . what i did was machine alluminum plug and press in hole and mill off excess and drill and tap new thread works like a champ when you can see what you are doing. i do have a little slop in the elevator shaft to bearing is that normal i am spraying light coat of primer to build up the slack. i also replaced those cheap bearings. also as said before going to use two jr 8711.

Arden
Old 08-31-2007, 08:46 PM
A MAY

If any one has a loose fit shaft to bearing slop or movement on elevator,don't just paint a few light coats the paint will come off. i used a product call bulldog adhesion promoter it will make paint stick pretty good to any material fiberglass ,chrome ,aluminum ,galvanized metal, vinyl plastic. i then sprayed two coats ( light) primer and checked fit between coats. and now no slop.
Arden
Old 08-31-2007, 09:00 PM
A MAY

Carlos
i finally got the elevators installed but have a question on the plastic ball linkage on the elevator controll horns. are they going to take the heat looks pretty close to the tail pipe just wondering now i am going forward installing the two 8711 servoes

ARDEN
Old 09-01-2007, 03:14 AM
CARS II

Arden

The plastic on the ball links will be just fine, it's more resistant to the heat than the airlines, also the temperature inside the fuselage is minimun, there is air flowing in that section during flight, so no problem there, continue.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:33 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: A MAY

hey digitech,

referencece to post #59 . That is what i had in mind doing. dumb inginering on there part .
Arden
i tried to get this small problem solved...

but as always these are the answers:

Q : can you please reverse the screws on the elevator , they are the wrong way around and there is no way you can get a tool in there
A : no problem drill 2 holes in fuselage...

Q: duh?
A: -- end of message--
[:-]
Old 09-01-2007, 03:45 AM
CARS II

I have build two Hawks and it is not easy to get to the screws but you can, cut your allen key, it will be easer.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:05 AM
stevo_m

That's what I did, halved the size of the allen key, push the elevator to it's limit and the bolts can be tightened up from that.

Seems to have worked well so far.

Steve
Old 09-01-2007, 02:12 PM
CARS II

Good idea Steve, I first turne the screws to close the clamps to the limit where they can just slide into the shaft, this way I have less turnes to do in there.[&:]
Old 09-01-2007, 06:01 PM
A MAY

I did cut the allen down and i did get them tight but also slipped and rounded the socket that i had to cut the bolt to get it free much easier to work and tighten from top also one of the elevator shafts are approx 20 degress off at the controll horns they don't line up when both elevators are equally in line...........
Arden
Old 09-09-2007, 12:29 PM
stevo_m

Guys

If your using the FB undercarriage then please re-think this decision.

The quality from the outside looks excellent. Unfortunatly I have found that the internal quality is aweful.

When you are landing this model on the FB undercarriage then remember you are relying on 1/2mm of ali joining the legs to the retract units.

This will sheer on your first x-wind landing as happened to mine this w/end.

Throw the retracts away and get some proper Jet 1a's.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87335.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	759597   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11171.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	759598   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44007.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	759599  
Old 09-09-2007, 07:57 PM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: john agnew

Steve

As far as I know Feibao does not yet produce a cockpit for the Hawk. In fact I don't think they offer any scale cockpits. Skymasters are now offering a scale cockpit for their new Hawk which may fit the Feibao Hawk with or without some modification. Go to the Skymasters website to look at it, looks good to me.

John

Hi, all

X-Treme Jets now offer the cockpit details with Pilots for BAe Hawk. RAFALE. F-18F...etc

http://www.x-tremejets.com/twe/

Best Regards

Anton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.