Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JETCENTRAL OR JET CAT

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JETCENTRAL OR JET CAT

Old 08-18-2007, 07:09 PM
scaleMan
My Feedback: (92)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JETCENTRAL OR JET CAT

If I had the choice of either for free id take a jetcat, hands down.....
Old 08-18-2007, 07:13 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Thud_Driver

My engine hours and total flights as of 12/31/06 are on JetCat's web site under News.

Currently:

P-70 #2060 = 161h 51m, 1047 flts
P-70 #2055 = 120h 27m, 804 flts
P-80 #1153 = 151h 51m (RIP, crash), 1000 flts exactly.
Titan #670 = 7h 49m, 51 flts, + whatever the previous owner(s) did.

Rick

I win......
My Jetcat P-120 is very old.....It had blue can...
Ehab owned for years and sell it to me. I use that to fly are my early production plane and still had it today. It just like the energy rabbit. It kept going and going and going.....You know what I mean.
I believe the serial #528....
Old 08-18-2007, 07:20 PM
tamjets

ORIGINAL: Woketman

Are there a lot more Jetcats out there?
Every Jets show I see at least 75% is Jetcat engine....
But the malfuntion I see more on the less percent brand....
Why I only sell Jetcat...
The answer have been giving...
Old 08-18-2007, 07:41 PM
JoelP
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Tam you sure about that serial number? That's the same serial number of my P-120 that's for sale on RCU! Mine came with a purple cover.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:00 PM
frothingslosh
My Feedback: (6)

Afterburner and Strawboss -

I have read thru this thread 3 times now and something concerns me greatly about your posts. Both you guys claim to be Jet Cat Reps., and as such I would expect you to conduct yourselves in a curteous and businesslike manner in these threads. After all, you do represent Jet Cat (don't you). But it appears that you feel it's not enough just to promote YOUR product . . . you must publicly attempt to degrade others and their products with stories, rumors and sarcasm. I personally deplore such tactics, and would have serious second thoughts about purchasing a product from a company that would allow its reps to use them. As a matter of fact, I don't think my next engine will be a Jet Cat!!!

Almost everyone else on this thread has kept their posts on a positive note including
Tam who has simply told how good his engines have been. After all, that's all the guy who made the original post wanted to know in the first place.

Why do these threads always have to turn into mudslinging sessions???
Old 08-18-2007, 08:02 PM
tamjets

I think so...#0528. I'll Ray to check it.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

ORIGINAL: frothingslosh

If Jet Cat engines never have any problems, why are there 10 times the number of posts on the Jet Cat Support Thread that there are on the Artes Support Thread????????????

I have one of each so don't think I'm really biased here. Just asking for opinions.

because I would bet there are 10-20 times more jetcats out there than Artes motors.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:23 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Afterburner and Strawboss -

I have read thru this thread 3 times now and something concerns me greatly about your posts. Both you guys claim to be Jet Cat Reps., and as such I would expect you to conduct yourselves in a curteous and businesslike manner in these threads. After all, you do represent Jet Cat (don't you). But it appears that you feel it's not enough just to promote YOUR product . . . you must publicly attempt to degrade others and their products with stories, rumors and sarcasm. I personally deplore such tactics, and would have serious second thoughts about purchasing a product from a company that would allow its reps to use them. As a matter of fact, I don't think my next engine will be a Jet Cat!!!

Almost everyone else on this thread has kept their posts on a positive note including
Tam who has simply told how good his engines have been. After all, that's all the guy who made the original post wanted to know in the first place.

Why do these threads always have to turn into mudslinging sessions???

What have I said wrong????

Nothing I believe. If I have offended anybody I apologize..

DF
Old 08-18-2007, 08:30 PM
gluit

ORIGINAL: Gary Jefferson

Does anyone know who actually is providing the warranty on the Artes engines? Jet Central or Artes? I am just curious...Gary
Old 08-18-2007, 08:31 PM
gluit

ORIGINAL: Gary Jefferson

Does anyone know who actually is providing the warranty on the Artes engines? Jet Central or Artes? I am just curious...Gary
I heard a year or so that Jesus had gone back to working on telescopes and that all of the repair work was sent down to Mexico. I could be wrong. Thanks, Aman
Old 08-18-2007, 08:45 PM
frothingslosh
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: Shok

If Jet Cat engines never have any problems, why are there 10 times the number of posts on the Jet Cat Support Thread that there are on the Artes Support Thread????????????

I have one of each so don't think I'm really biased here. Just asking for opinions.

because I would bet there are 10-20 times more jetcats out there than Artes motors.

I won't argue that point, but wouldn't you say that would make the problem rate somewhere close to the same percentage??

24 pages of problems on the Jet Cat Support forum tells me that they are a long ways from being problem free!!
Old 08-18-2007, 08:59 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SinCity writes>>I never said you didn't have to pay for your engines. You shouldn't assume something is about you when it isn't. I was referring to sponsored pilots who don't have to pay for their engines. I'm not aware of any reason you would be sponsored. <<

Perhaps you should go to a few jet meets and watch Doug fly and you will have an epiphany, or watch any of the videos from CA jets, BITW etc. Doug goes to about every event that he can and all he does is FLY THE PAINT off of his fleet. I dare say that no one gets in the number of flights (with the exception of big Rick) at a gathering Doug does. Doug puts on a show, the pilots like it, the spectators like it and , most importantly, Doug likes it. That is why he needs a reliable engine (that and the fact that he hates to tinker) . He has offers from Comp ARF, TamJets and others but the only one he ever accepted was JetCat. Maybe we fly too much-perhaps the southern Calif guys should take a November break. Scotty R
Old 08-18-2007, 09:02 PM
ghost_rider

Closing this one for an hour so that I could edit and clean out some of the posts.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:09 PM
ghost_rider

Thread edited and few offending statements removed. Please let's keep this on topic
Old 08-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Patrick Frost
Banned
My Feedback: (88)

I have owned 17 various JetCat turbines and only had problems with 2 P-60s and they were minor. John Redman was there to assist me with them both and got me back on track. I have owned mostly TITANS and I must say that its great being able to fly time after time again with no problems. I have trusted: 2 BobCat XL, KingCat, 2 BVM Phantoms, BVM twin TITAN Rafale, BVM MiG 15, 2 BVM Sabres, BVM F-100D, BVM F-80, Composite Bandit, Super Bandit, Tams F-18 Super Hornet, and several others with NO flameouts or serious problems. When you fly a BVM Phantom its no joke to have one of these babys flame out on you in flight...........................................I trust my JetCats like my Depends Diapers! [sm=thumbup.gif] I know they got my back!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:47 PM
JasonP
My Feedback: (1)

I want my

Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat,

I want my

Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat, Baby Cat,

JasonP

Old 08-18-2007, 10:54 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

No For Real, I love my jetcat and Jetcat USA!
I want my

I want my

Joe Kelley !~)

ORIGINAL: JasonP

I want my

I want my

JasonP

Old 08-18-2007, 11:00 PM
JasonP

JK
That's Classic Man!
Old 08-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I trust my JetCats like my Depends Diapers! I know they got my back!
Ummm .. .sorry to be the one to break the news to you, but you seem to be misunderstanding how these things work. The diapers don't go on your back. [sm=50_50.gif]
Old 08-18-2007, 11:13 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Well that was keeping it on topic.

I guess if you live in California, your Jetcat's run like an old Maytag and never have problems and the Jetcat service tech just sits waiting for an engine to come in for repair. So explain why it takes weeks if not months to get one back when it's sent in for repair? My first Jetcat failed on the third start attempt after having a total of six minutes of run time. Hardly a stellar reliability record but hey, S@#t happens. Send it back to CA for repair via priority mail and they get it three days later. Why should I have to wait almost three weeks before I see it again? No they weren't waiting on parts. It just got in line with the rest of the engines that never need repair. Point is that in general, Jetcat's are extremely reliable but when you have a problem, it shouldn't have to sit that long and from some other posts I have seen, three weeks is pretty good. JMO

Marty
Old 08-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

[X(] Seem to me the Jetcat people with commercial interest (Reps, Dealers) are getting very nervous about the great experiences being posted by mostly users (not reps) of Artes Jet turbines.
Think Jetcat is a good brand. It should not need the behaviors shown by a few people in this thread...[:'(]
Old 08-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Edgar Perez

[X(] Seem to me the Jetcat people with commercial interest (Reps, Dealers) are getting very nervous about the great experiences being posted by mostly users (not reps) of Artes Jet turbines.
Not reps ?? LOL - how can you tell ?

At least the Jetcat guys disclose their commercial affiliation. Wish we could say the same about the Artes guys - and you don't even need to be a bonafide rep to get a deal in exchange for promoting the Artes line. Even I have in the past been asked whether I might be interested in a discounted Artes turbine in exchange for saying nice things about it on RCU (without being a disclosable 'rep', of course). Didn't take me long to turn that offer down.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:34 PM
gluit

[quote]ORIGINAL: johnnyjet

Hi guys
As some of you may know, I have both a 120 JetCat and the JF-120 Super Eagle. I consider them the best of the best.

Nothing can compete with the reliability of the JetCat.
The JetCat is what all others are judged by, â
Old 08-18-2007, 11:48 PM
gluit

Hi johnnyjet,

Your description of the bias to performance over reliability takes me back again to the similarities with the RAM 1000. People had good ones but a lot of guys that ran them hard had trouble. I also heard a lot of compressor rumbles with the RAM and most people just tried to power through them. But in their hay day Rei and Albert would just send you new motor without a second thought. Thanks, Aman
Old 08-18-2007, 11:56 PM
JasonP

ORIGINAL: afterburner

Well that was keeping it on topic.

I guess if you live in California, your Jetcat's run like an old Maytag and never have problems and the Jetcat service tech just sits waiting for an engine to come in for repair. So explain why it takes weeks if not months to get one back when it's sent in for repair? My first Jetcat failed on the third start attempt after having a total of six minutes of run time. Hardly a stellar reliability record but hey, S@#t happens. Send it back to CA for repair via priority mail and they get it three days later. Why should I have to wait almost three weeks before I see it again? No they weren't waiting on parts. It just got in line with the rest of the engines that never need repair. Point is that in general, Jetcat's are extremely reliable but when you have a problem, it shouldn't have to sit that long and from some other posts I have seen, three weeks is pretty good. JMO

Marty
Hi Marty
With all due respect, I don't believe anybody here said that Jet-Cats don't need maintanance, or they never require Crash repair.
I also would have a hard time believing that the Jet-Cat Quality is exclusive to the California crowd.
Just go to some of the Major events like Top Gun or Florida Jets. It is undeniable, the Jet-Cat Ratio to anything else.
At least I know that Artes was initially in California and we all gave them the test drive one way or other.
3 weeks repair time? Hmmmm
Maybe you caught them during their move?

JasonP

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.