Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Is Bob Parkingson Models still in business

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Is Bob Parkingson Models still in business

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 10:54 AM
rcdriver22
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is Bob Parkingson Models still in business

A helpfull Detective in the local police Fraud section after making a personal call on him has informed me that Mr Parkinson has moved 60 miles down the road from Barrie Ont, not sure if this is closer to Toronto but would appreciate it if you know where he has gone to? Not sure if his mythical factory, general manager and book keeper have relocated[8D]

Paul.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Mike Emilio

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

60 miles down the road is not much to go on.
That would put him in the Toronto area, , , , if "down the road" means the 400 highway due south.
The phone directory still lists him in Barrie.

Can the investigator not give you a better address?
Old 01-12-2008, 12:36 PM
rcdriver22

Mike

The Barrie Detective went to interview directly and knocked Bob Parkinsons door and he'd gone but the letting agent had his new address. I guess they want direct words with him but it is now in another police area jurisdiction. so I'll have to wait before they release his details. Pity is wasn't Hamilton that he fled to as that would have been a simple family call to a senior detective based there.

Paul
Old 09-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Dig it

Has there ever been any closure on this. The jerk took me for $100 dollars worth of parts for my Regal Eagle. I'd love to see him get what he deserves.

Dale
Old 09-13-2008, 07:06 AM
rcdriver22

Dale

I only got my refund because a police detective took time out, one to find him (he had moved again), then drive about 100 miles and knocked on his door and told him to send a refund cheque or else. Suddenly Bob found all my details and he emailed that day saying he didn't know the parcel was missing and had just forgotten, yeah like all the emails and faxes with his earlier promises to refund. Now a Canadian cheque in dollars cannot be banked in the UK, which would have let him off once again. So I got it made out to my son who lives in Toronto and he to banked it OK. Long saga but I got lucky.

Paul
Old 10-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Mike Emilio

Not sure of the accuracy, but I just stumbled on a second possible address.

Seems to be two adresses. The one in Canada, Barrie, and this one.

Bob Parkinson Flying Models
1140 Early Drive NW
Palm Bay, Florida
(407) 726-8401
Old 04-24-2010, 01:40 AM
james love
My Feedback: (2)

His web site is rcjets .com. Penetanguishene, Ontario. Ph 705-594-8820.

James Love
Old 10-07-2019, 07:35 PM
kalimerot5

Default Bob Parkinson Avro Arrow for sale ...

Bob Parkinson Avro Arrow for sale ...

Best offer

Gatineau,QC
Old 10-08-2019, 04:01 PM
kalimerot5

Default spike223

Ton e-mail ?
Old 10-08-2019, 04:04 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Huh?
Old 04-16-2020, 10:56 AM
Flysfloats

Well here is another story but not as involved as most of the others. I, too, bought a Regal Eagle kit back in 1987 and am just trying to decide IF I want to build it or not. I would put an E-DF in it for power as our field is strictly electric. Is this kit worth my time and effort to build or should I buy something else? I am not in a position to spend a lot of $$ on my hobby, so Hobby King is where I, sadly, do most of purchases. Any comments on this would be appreciated.

On a second note, when I first started flying electric around 2010 or so, a friend steered me to Anderson Power Pole connectors for battery to esc. I have stuck with them 100% ever since but am reaching the point where I am considering switching out all my connectors for a better "mouse trap". Most of my batteries are 3 S with only one or two at 6 S. What, again, would you suggest for a replacement connector. With the virus "stay at home" regulations I seem to be looking for more shop projects.

Thank you for your comments and stay healthy!! PS Have sold out of Mexico and British Columbia, now only in WA on Whidbey Island
Old 04-16-2020, 11:10 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I finished BP model 15+ years ago. It came out heavy, due to using some new water soluble paint, because K&B weren’t around anymore. I don’t know if it would have ever gotten off of the ground. I was using an OS.91 or the BVM.91 or 96. I was fortunate to trade it along with a TF P-51 to have my whole house tiled. I’ve built a lot of jets since then. IMHO....I think that you would be better to find an old Yellow Aircraft Jet, or LDS and buy a short kit to maybe a Ziroli Panther? Keep it light too. I had a P-70 in one.
But, if funds are tight, and parts are in stock? Build it, don’t paint it and just Monokote it.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:33 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Build it. I built several of them, some powered by Dynamax OS.91, one by Byron with OS .77. All of them glassed but one. Monkoted one weighed 12.5 lbs. Glassed ones were from 12.75 to 13.25 lbs.
They all flew great.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:16 PM
Flysfloats

All good advice. I have thought whether or not this is worth it or not and given your last comment, I "think" I will give the build a try. Actually the building doesn't seem to be a big problem, I will struggle with the E-ducted fan part of the build. Again, I seem to have an abundance of time and no check coming in, can't even go fishing! So sitting in my shop building something that "might" fly and watching rerun sporting events does have some appeal. I am not sure what my options will be for power and the weight issue of e-power vs glow power. I do know that weight will be my biggest challenge. Anyway, it will be an education, and maybe even fun. TBC
Old 04-16-2020, 07:34 PM
Flysfloats

Originally Posted by grbaker
Build it. I built several of them, some powered by Dynamax OS.91, one by Byron with OS .77. All of them glassed but one. Monkoted one weighed 12.5 lbs. Glassed ones were from 12.75 to 13.25 lbs.
They all flew great.
Thanks for the reply. In your opinion could I have adequate, not rip roaring, performance with E-power?
Old 04-17-2020, 02:31 AM
jescardin

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This F-15 has a very good flying reputation and not is very difficult to build. Today there are many electric ducted fan options with greater performance than old glow power ones but.......

If you are tight in the pocket for the hobby you have a great problem as it seem there is nobody who tried that plane with an electric ducted fan before, and so you are totally alone in a new zone which demand test and error and this, with electric jet power, is by no means cheap!

As recommended by other friends you must keep the model as light as possible and you should search for a ducted fan of, at least, the same thrust that old Dynamax and Ramtec glow power ones and be prepared to need from 2 x 5S 5000mAh to 2 x 6S 6000mAh, Li-Po batteries connected in series for getting 4-5 minutes of flying time for that size and weight of model.

It can be done, for sure, but do not expect the project to be cheap!
Old 04-17-2020, 11:31 AM
john491
My Feedback: (13)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

In the last one I built ( four total) I redesigned the exhaust to a single tail cone in the center. It was a homemade 4.5 in fan in 12S. It proved to be a good and stable flyer. I did have trouble with tracking because the main gear stance is so narrow. Make sure your struts are sturdy, mine were Rhomair with 3/16 wire struts. I used a pull pull steering setup with little wobble and still had trouble with more than 15 deg crosswind over 5 kn staying on centerline on takeoff.

I enjoyed my build. Have fun with yours.
John
Old 04-22-2020, 07:21 AM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

Still have mine. Built in the early 90s flying on a os 77 and byron fan with fixed gear.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:39 PM
Jetset
My Feedback: (2)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had a Parkinson Barracuda. Awesome flying plane. If one ever became available I would definitely buy it again.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:29 PM
jonesg2

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetset
Had a Parkinson Barracuda. Awesome flying plane. If one ever became available I would definitely buy it again.
Bob was great to deal with when Aurora was alive, I bought several kits and flew them all, the F15 was the best.
Barracuda was good with a dynamax.
Avro arrow flew very easy too.
I started scratch building the regal eagle , it was so simple.

I wonder what happened to Parkie, is he still alive?
Old 05-08-2020, 03:12 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Whom/what was Aurora????
Old 05-08-2020, 05:32 AM
jonesg2

Originally Posted by Woketman
Whom/what was Aurora????
She was his wife, really nice woman. She probably stabilized Bob and organized the business, without her he was lost.

I built a few eagles for club members , I could put one together ready for covering in 6 hours or less.
The following users liked this post:
Woketman (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 06:47 AM
Flysfloats

I FINALLY made the last step in starting my building of the Regal Eagle. I bought kit in mid 80s but never opened the box. Been waffling on whether or not to build it and yesterday I ordered a 120 mm fan and motor from Fan Jets USA so this will force me into building it. Hope some of you will be available to solve my anticipated problems in building this plane.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:20 AM
jonesg2

The fuse uses the motor mount wing spars as a spacer during frame up, I would wait until I had the fan shroud in hand, start on the wings maybe.
Build the nose , its only a box.
Are you gong to make a single thrust tube ? I've done it both ways, the single tube works fine. I layed up a flat sheet of glass and resin then rolled it around the fan, tack with zap and seam it with glass tape and resin. I used the supplied twin exhaust nozzle and cut the center open for the tailpipe to stick out.
Going with retracts ?
Old 05-10-2020, 12:32 PM
Flysfloats

The motor and fan are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. With the wing spars un modified the inside dimension of the fuselage between the "half moon" looking motor mounts is a bit over 6". I was thinking that it would be easy to make a couple of doublers to match the o.d. of the fan shroud and screw/glue to the existing motor mounts?
Single thrust tube is what the cassette shows, I believe. It attaches to the fan shroud and then to the exhausts nozzle. Cut out the twin holes for just one oblong exhaust nozzle seems fine.

I would like to use retracts as they add a lot of Ooooh factor on flybyes.

One last, for now, comment, I would like to post pictures as I go but am having trouble. I used Picasa for years and loved it, now Google Photos and for the most part ok. BUT, as for this forum, when I click on the little house with the twin peaks in it, I am able to access my old Picasa photos but not my current or future Google Photos! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.