Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Is Bob Parkingson Models still in business

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Is Bob Parkingson Models still in business

Old 05-10-2020, 03:16 PM
jonesg2

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flysfloats View Post
The motor and fan are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. With the wing spars un modified the inside dimension of the fuselage between the "half moon" looking motor mounts is a bit over 6". I was thinking that it would be easy to make a couple of doublers to match the o.d. of the fan shroud and screw/glue to the existing motor mounts?
Single thrust tube is what the cassette shows, I believe. It attaches to the fan shroud and then to the exhausts nozzle. Cut out the twin holes for just one oblong exhaust nozzle seems fine.

I would like to use retracts as they add a lot of Ooooh factor on flybyes.

One last, for now, comment, I would like to post pictures as I go but am having trouble. I used Picasa for years and loved it, now Google Photos and for the most part ok. BUT, as for this forum, when I click on the little house with the twin peaks in it, I am able to access my old Picasa photos but not my current or future Google Photos! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Once you have the shroud in hand you can try your idea ,
on the original byron fan we had to trim the intake opening ( trumpet shaped) of the fan shroud to get it to fit.
Getting the shroud in and out of the hatch opening was a houdini trick of twisting it sideway and yanking.
You can decide of you need to make the hatch wider, its just slabs of balsa after all.

I mounted mains retracts to 2x2 inch 1/4 ply plates, first landing ripped one out because I just epoxied it to balsa,
an oldtimer said it needed a thin 1/16th inch ply doubler to spread the load. I made some that were approx 5 inch x 3 inch x 1/16 ply and glued the retract plate to that..
I don't know if the plan shows that, I showed it to parkinson yrs ago.at a jet rally.
Nose gear, I much prefer, to retract forward vs rearwards, less chance of collapse on hard landing in grass. Large nose wheel and it will fly off the ground by itself.

I usually email photos to myself from photobucket, then I know where it is.
Open the email and download it, it usually stays at the bottom of the screen in windows 7 until deleted from the screen.
I just did it.
Did it as described above, DL from my email, it resides at the bottom of the screen.
Come back here and hit manage attachments.

Don't hit the 2 mountains, scroll down to manage attachments instead.
Grab the photo download and drop it on the arrow in the cloud diagram.
Tell it to upload. on top right of the upload screen.
I just uploaded the joke below.

Last edited by jonesg2; 05-10-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:28 PM
Flysfloats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am back again for more frustration! First the good news, I received my fan and motor Monday. I can't believe that the plastic fan was $180?? This is going to be a pricey build for me and will require more time and effort than most of my recent builds. Because of the investments in time & $ I will use HiTec receiver instead of the Minima cheapies I have been using. Don't want to lose this plane due to some thing failing.

Back to the photo situation. For me to access my photos, I can go to my gmail and send a picture to myself. IF I click on the mtns, I access my current Google Photos and can send a pic to myself, full size. I then can copy and paste it and include it in one of these posts. I can also send the e-mail to myself but instead of clicking on mtns, I click on the paper clip at the bottom. Problem here is that I do not go to Google Photos but instead back to my old Picasa pics, nothing very current, just archived stuff.

I "may" be able to follow your e-mail instructions as the "paper clip: method does require me to "open" the attached photo. BUT, these are not the pictures I want to use. I also have Windows 10 not 7 if that matters. Do you use gmail for e-mail??

I think you are correct, as I actually start the building, a new thread would be best. I would like to move a couple of the old posts to start my new thread. Do you think I can do that easily or should I just copy and past them, one at a time, OR, don't bother and just consolidate the info? I didn't realize you are more of a newbie to this site than I am.

Ok, got to get ready for tomorrow, same old thing as a month ago, sigh. Later, Ford

$180 for the fan and $150 for the motor. Picture shows EVERYTHING I received!!

Old 05-13-2020, 09:26 PM
jonesg2

I am back again for more frustration! First the good news, I received my fan and motor Monday. I can't believe that the plastic fan was $180?? This is going to be a pricey build for me and will require more time and effort than most of my recent builds. Because of the investments in time & $ I will use HiTec receiver instead of the Minima cheapies I have been using. Don't want to lose this plane due to some thing failing.

Back to the photo situation. For me to access my photos, I can go to my gmail and send a picture to myself. IF I click on the mtns, I access my current Google Photos and can send a pic to myself, full size. I then can copy and paste it and include it in one of these posts. I can also send the e-mail to myself but instead of clicking on mtns, I click on the paper clip at the bottom. Problem here is that I do not go to Google Photos but instead back to my old Picasa pics, nothing very current, just archived stuff.

I "may" be able to follow your e-mail instructions as the "paper clip: method does require me to "open" the attached photo. BUT, these are not the pictures I want to use. I also have Windows 10 not 7 if that matters. Do you use gmail for e-mail??

I think you are correct, as I actually start the building, a new thread would be best. I would like to move a couple of the old posts to start my new thread. Do you think I can do that easily or should I just copy and past them, one at a time, OR, don't bother and just consolidate the info? I didn't realize you are more of a newbie to this site than I am.

Ok, got to get ready for tomorrow, same old thing as a month ago, sigh. Later, Ford

You need to put the pics somewhere you can find them on your computer, then when your browser directs you to upload from picassa or wherever... just go to the address bar at the top of your screen and change it to where you know the pics are.. Heres a darwin gun. Perfect for guys getting into elec jets, eh?

I hit the manage attachments button below the message , then hit browse your device, you should be able to find them where it takes you or change the destination to where you know they are. I don't like google pics or offsite locations like picassa, I want my pics on my machine.
Mine just directed me to Downloads folder. It helps to rename to something you can find, if it begins with the letter A it will be at the top of the list because its alphabetic.

In Gmail you should be able to open the pic, go to the top right of the screen and hit the download symbol, it should stay resident at the bottom of the screen, then just shovel it into the box after you hit manage attachments, you'll see where it says drop files here.A cloud with an arrow.
try that.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:52 PM
jonesg2

some of the higher performance elec fans cost as much as a cheap turbine. I think i would have tried converting a dynamax from tom Cook.

What about intake ducting?
You could carve your own from foam and use it as a plug/mold.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:56 PM
jonesg2

Try this, put your mouse over the darwin gun picture above,
right click on it and see if it allows you to "save as" .
Change the name.
Notice where its trying to save it to and save it.
Then try to reupload it.

If that works, go back to the mssg, hit edit and delete it.
Old 02-19-2021, 02:44 PM
Stumpy1958

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonesg2 View Post
Bob was great to deal with when Aurora was alive, I bought several kits and flew them all, the F15 was the best.
Barracuda was good with a dynamax.
Avro arrow flew very easy too.
I started scratch building the regal eagle , it was so simple.

I wonder what happened to Parkie, is he still alive?
I too bought a few F-15's and a F-18 from Bob years ago... The F-15 flew great, never have built the F-18 yet... Got into many other projects over the years... As for your question if Bob was still alive??? I heard he passed away years ago... Bob's planes may not have been STATE OF THE ART models, but he with them got allot of us guys into jets that otherwise couldn't afford to fly jets at the time... I always had good dealings with Bob and always got what I ordered, so I can't bad mouth him at all... IMO he was a stand up guy, at least to me he was... I feel bad for the guys that had bad dealings with him, but I guess that could have been later after his wife passed away... These are probably old posts, but happen to see it and thought I would give my 2 cents worth...
Old 02-19-2021, 08:30 PM
Flysfloats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A bit of an update. I FINALLY finished building my Regal Eagle, que' milagro!! When and if the weather improves enough, I will do some taxi testing and then, gulp, a maiden. I will be going to a neighboring club as they have a much nicer and larger flying field. I want to maximize my chances of having a second flight so the more room the better. Since I also have never flown an EDF jet, this will be a challenge, regardless. I do have an E-Flite Bae Hawk 15 I bought a few years ago in a garage sale. I have never flown it so it will be the first victim, er attempt. Here is what my Regal Eagle looks like, hope it looks the same for a long time.! This plane is about 12.5 lbs, hope the 120 mm EDF and 2ea 6S batteries will do the job.

The following users liked this post:
ultibipe (11-05-2022)