Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Standard customer service?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Standard customer service?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Standard customer service?

I recently ordered a TP 4200 2c 7.4 LiPo for my ECU.

I ordered from an internet based company (not one of the main jet type suppliers on here).

The first pack they sent me was a 3 cell pack. Luckily I noticed before I had even taken it out of the packet otherwise I could have fried the ECU. I phoned them and they said they would replace it upon return or else I could leave a CC number and they would bill me for the new battery and then refund on the receipt of the returned battery.
I opted just to send the pack back (at my expense) and wait for a new one.
After just over a week (and my patience stretched) I recieved the correct pack. Plugged it into my balancer - and nothing happened. Plugged it into my charger and it registered as a 1 cell 3.8v pack. Ok - not the suppliers fault but I expect them to deal with the goods they have sold. So I phone them and they do not care. I have to contact Thunder Power direct.

When I was back in the UK, I dealt with Motors and Rotors. If ever I had anything faulty, it would be replaced as fast as possible and M&R would take the exchanged item back and deal with it.

Have I just been spoilt and this is a standard response? I expect a supplier - especially when they have already failed through their own inefficiency - to do whatever it takes to sort the problem and satisfy the customer ASAP.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Standard customer service?

If it was bought in the U.K. threaten them with prosecution under the sale of goods act. The product must be fit for the purpose it is designed for.
Although your address is the U.K. your post suggests you are not there!
Old 02-12-2008, 03:33 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

"when I was back in the UK"...where are you now?

If U.S. then NEXT time try Tamjets or Dreamworks just to name two. Both have given me excellent customer service, as has Jetpower down in Miami (although JP has been a bit slower).

I had a lot of trouble with Camlex (superior attitude and very nice people, but inferior execution) but others have been very pleased with them, so perhaps I just caught them at a bad time.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Andrew Bird

Sorry - I'm based in New York in the US at the moment, I just haven't changed my settings. The company I dealt with was a US based outfit.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:34 PM
roo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do us all a favour and name the company. Paul.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Andrew Bird

I guess what I'm trying to get at here is whether this is a standard response or practice?

Like I said - the company who took my money for the goods should supply me with the right thing as ordered, in full working condition. Not just pass the problem direct back to the customer to sort out with the companies supplier after they have initially made a mess of the order then supplied faulty goods.

Or is this company just lazy?
Old 02-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Geoff White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Andrew,

Give them the chance to sort it out and if they fail then name and shame!

Geoff.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:21 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

birdman,
It is not consider standard practice and you SHOULD complain to them. You have every right to expect a functioning item when you receive it and you should not have to deal with the manufacturer. I echo what previous folks have said. I have never had a problem with Tam, Todd at Dreamworks, nor BV. I am currently waiting on items I purchased from JP which said were in stock, but when I received my order they obviously were not. At least I have not been charged yet. I think you have a right to complain, but I would try to iron it out with them before naming names sinces those things tend to get ugly pretty quick.
Good luck
Tommy
Old 02-12-2008, 05:35 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you paid with a CC just give the CC company a call and tell them you ordered a product, got the wrong one, then returned it and got another one that is defective and they refuse to take care of the problem and do a charge back, problem solved.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Andrew Bird

I was just checking that it is not a standard practice for companies to deal this way here in the US. Now I know it's unacceptable I'll get in contact, even though I did loose my rag with their totally apathetic response when I called earlier.

Thanks for the response.

As metioned, it's not one of the main jet type companies - Tam, dreamworks etc.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:45 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

"Just say it didn't advantage me shopping with them."

Jeesh I find it odd ole Len pulled this stunt again, he's been around this hobby a LONG time and knows what customer service is all about and he's just trying to get this ball rolling. Hmmm