Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Reaction ARF - PST/BTE All-Composite Sport Jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Reaction ARF - PST/BTE All-Composite Sport Jet

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 06:52 AM
gmccluskey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great information Harvey...thanks very much
Old 01-30-2023, 10:48 AM
gmccluskey

Harvey,

The wheels that came with my Pro-Link pneumatic gear are 3-1/4" dia (about 83 mm) and the strut width at the brake is 13 mm. I see that Electron doesn't offer the brake for a 13 mm wide strut until you go up to 100 mm dia wheels. Is this what you did?

George
Old 01-30-2023, 11:21 AM
Harvey Mushman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gmccluskey
Harvey,

The wheels that came with my Pro-Link pneumatic gear are 3-1/4" dia (about 83 mm) and the strut width at the brake is 13 mm. I see that Electron doesn't offer the brake for a 13 mm wide strut until you go up to 100 mm dia wheels. Is this what you did?

George
George,
The nubs on the brake hub are spaced 11mm in one direction and 13mm in the other direction, see Electron drawing. I have 75mm wheels for my main wheels with brakes. Notice in photo of my Reaction main wheels that the nub gap fits my 13mm wide Pro-Link struts. I set this up in 2015 so you should contact Electron directly and confirm that the nub gaps have not changed.

Old 01-30-2023, 11:30 AM
gmccluskey

Thanks.... they don't show the two spacings on their current web page drawings...I'll contact them.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:01 AM
gmccluskey

Harvey,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I wonder if you could post a photo of your nose wheel installation (retracted and extended). I really like the idea of doing away with the pull-pull cables but am curious what modifications you had to make to install this.

I did eventually find a solution to the brakes for the Prolink struts. Xicoy makes a set hat will work.

Best Regards,
George
Old 03-26-2023, 10:57 AM
Harvey Mushman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gmccluskey
Harvey,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I wonder if you could post a photo of your nose wheel installation (retracted and extended). I really like the idea of doing away with the pull-pull cables but am curious what modifications you had to make to install this.

I did eventually find a solution to the brakes for the Prolink struts. Xicoy makes a set hat will work.

Best Regards,
George
Hi George, here you go. Photos are inside nose down, inside nose up, outside nose down, outside nose up.

Old 03-26-2023, 12:25 PM
gmccluskey

Harvey,

Thanks so much. This helps a lot.

George