Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

2009 Jet World Masters Web Site

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

2009 Jet World Masters Web Site

Old 03-05-2008, 03:09 PM
ambaron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Jet World Masters Web Site

Hello All

It is my Pleasure to present the Official 2009 8th JET WORLD MASTERS Web Site :

WWW.2009JWM.COM

I Hope that you will find all the information needed inorder to meet you in Israel in 2009
even if you are not planning to compete.

Lets make it the Largest JWM Ever

We hope to See also new Faces.......

The site will be update as needed

So....Welcome to Israel 2009 ( or before if you wish ) and שלום

Thanks

Avi Ambar
8th JWM Event Manager
Old 03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2009 Jet World Masters Web Site

Am I invited? lol.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:28 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

If it is anything like last years fiasco in Ireland that I attended as a spectator at great expense I would urge all proposed spectators to stay away. There was nothing for spectators at all.... One of the worst RC events I have ever been to
Old 03-06-2008, 02:56 AM
Jim Cattanach

The major problem is, spectators are not allowed access to the models, which is the whole point in attending this type of event. The spectator argues how can I appreciate & see the models, if I am not allowed near them. All the spectator can do is see the models flying from a distance.
The other side of the argument is, the modellers do not want hordes of spectators preventing them from working on the model, or worrying about damage.
The way things are at present, the world masters is not a spectator friendly event.
Unfortunately what the spectators will get for their money is never fully explained in the build up hype.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:02 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Jascat100

The major problem is, spectators are not allowed access to the models, which is the whole point in attending this type of event. The spectator argues how can I appreciate & see the models, if I am not allowed near them. All the spectator can do is see the models flying from a distance.
The other side of the argument is, the modellers do not want hordes of spectators preventing them from working on the model, or worrying about damage.
The way things are at present, the world masters is not a spectator friendly event.
Unfortunately what the spectators will get for their money is never fully explained in the build up hype.
I quite agree but with some barriers and ropes etc it should be possible to get reasonable access for spectators to at least see the mopdels from closer than 50 feet
Old 03-06-2008, 03:09 AM
Jim Cattanach

I am sure something like that would be better than nothing.
I see already tickets for the event are described as eight day passes. Passes to what??? A pass infers you are paying for access to something that others are not allowed, or is it just the normal spectator admission ticket?
Does this pass allow the holder into the model area?
Old 03-06-2008, 03:20 AM
SDCrashmaster

Well maybe they've learned from the past and will make it a spectator friendly event in '09.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:44 AM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

Well maybe they've learned from the past and will make it a spectator friendly event in '09.

If they dont I cant see 2010 happening...... I would never go again and neither would the 4 other people I went with
Old 03-06-2008, 04:29 AM
daftpunk

Ok BigPlums we get the message, we won't see you there!

I must admit, I went to the JWM in Hungary and had a great time. Plenty to see, good close access to all the models and pilots and a superb full size airshow to boot (even if a bit dangerous at times!). If they can replicate that one then it'll be a success.
It could have done with a few more traders there but hey its a competition and not a sales show, save your pennies for Jetpower for that.

Hang loose

Paul
Old 03-06-2008, 05:09 AM
Geoff White

Give the organisers a break. They are obviously putting a massive amount of effort to to make the 2009 event a success. So instead of going on like a broken record why don't you encourage them?

Like Daftpunk, I also went to Hungary, but I also went to Thailand and they were both excellent. If the standard of the website is an indication of the effort going into making the event a success then I personally have complete confidence in the organisers. I also have no doubt the IJMC committee will be working closely with the organisers to ensure that lessons of 2007 have been learned.

Geoff.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:32 AM
adrian-RCU

well guys - as per the above posts - yes, firstly its a flying competition - with many dangers, so public safety is premium.

Secondly the Israeli organizing committee has been involved with several major international RC events over the years and they know the importance of spectators - we are going to give spectators their value for sure!!

What about the planned Air Show on the last day of the event - we are going to give you something the RC community will remember for ever 100%!!!

well and as a perk - WE have fantastic weather!!!

join us and we will give you a show to remember!!!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:50 AM
josecilurzo

FANTASTIC AVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE ONE DAY FLY IN YOUR EVENT IN ISRAEL.

best regards

JOSE [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-06-2008, 06:59 AM
BUCKAROO

A great hi-tech web-site up & running 18 month before the event..... a great deal for competitors already organized with the national carrier..... you have to know it is going to be a well-organised and professional event at a great site in a historical area.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Jim Cattanach

Winnie states in his write up on the WJM 2009 website "Of course, the spectators have the opportunity to talk to the pilots and examine these masterpieces at close range"

It would appear that access will be given to everyone to see the models. It would be great if a balance can be struck that does not interfere with the modellers need to concentrate on preparing his jet.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Am I invited? lol.
Andy,

Yes. You are invited to try out for the U.S. Team at Route 66 Jets in September. Make the team and off you go to Israel!
Old 03-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have complete confidence in Avi and his organizing team. As hard as he worked to get this event in Israel, you can count on it being first class in every way.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:29 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: Geoff White

Give the organisers a break. They are obviously putting a massive amount of effort to to make the 2009 event a success. So instead of going on like a broken record why don't you encourage them?

Like Daftpunk, I also went to Hungary, but I also went to Thailand and they were both excellent. If the standard of the website is an indication of the effort going into making the event a success then I personally have complete confidence in the organisers. I also have no doubt the IJMC committee will be working closely with the organisers to ensure that lessons of 2007 have been learned.

Geoff.
Why do they deserve a break. I attended the Ireland event at a total cost of about £600 after it had been advertised as an event for spectators. The event was terrible and we the spectators were treated as second class citizens. When I returned home I sent the event organisers at least 2 e mails and they did not have the courtesy to reply....... They had my money and that was that. So I am afraid I will not give them a break as you say.... If any of the current organising committee are those from last year perhaps they could find my e mails and reply. That might go some of the way.

If you attend an event and it is as poor as it was last year I feel it is my duty to let others know so that they can make a balanced decision to go or not before they also lash out the sort of money I did.

I agree go to jet power far better value for money...... Or any other small club event in a field that would beat the 2007 JWM event.

Perhaps some other spectators who attended last year might like to offer their opinions.

I would also say that if you start a thread like this and know what the previous event was like you deserve comments both ways. I am speaking the truth as I saw it after actually attending the event.

I admit the weather didn't help but then having it in Ireland who's bright idea was that !
Old 03-06-2008, 01:41 PM
DaveMatthews

Hello Bigplumbs,

I thought a post from a long time IJMC member and JWM competitor since 1997 may be of some help here to answer a few of your questions and address some points you have raised in your last post as I fear that your experience of the JWM in general, is somewhat, (though understandably after just one bad event,) tainted.

Why do they deserve a break. I attended the Ireland event at a total cost of about £600 after it had been advertised as an event for spectators. The event was terrible and we the spectators were treated as second class citizens. When I returned home I sent the event organisers at least 2 e mails and they did not have the courtesy to reply....... They had my money and that was that. So I am afraid I will not give them a break as you say.... If any of the current organising committee are those from last year perhaps they could find my e mails and reply. That might go some of the way.
I can fully understand your frustration. However, the issues you raise are problems with the organisers of the 2007 JWM event itself. Many people on this forum and others have expressed views, both good and bad on the 2007 JWM and it’s organisers in general. As to you not getting a reply to your two emails, who knows, but that is between you and them and should not reflect on the 2009 JWM event in anyway, as they are totally different people running the Israel event. I have personally been in close very contact with Avi Ambar, (the head 2009 JWM organiser), and his professionalism is second to none and he well knows that this event has to be top notch or he, his group, his country and the IJMC loose out to bad press and ridicule and run the risk of problems for future JWM’s. He (Avi) spoke to all the IJMC members that attended the IJMC meeting in January of this year, and I can tell you under no uncertain terms, that his goal is to have everything in place “this year” and not at the last minute. His website and advertising reflects this strong commitment to making the 2009 event a proper JWM as is expected by all those taking part either as competitor, team member, manager, helper, spouse or indeed spectator.

FYI: All the other past six JWM’s, ’95 Germany, ’97 England, ’99 Austria, ’01 Thailand, ’03 South Africa and ’05 Hungary were not run by the same team as ran the 2007 JWM and as I said, neither is the future 2009 JWM in Israel and that is what Geoff White was suggesting to you when he said give the organisers a break. He was talking about the 2009 event organisers and the next JWM and not the 2007 one.

If you attend an event and it is as poor as it was last year I feel it is my duty to let others know so that they can make a balanced decision to go or not before they also lash out the sort of money I did.
It is a real shame that the 2007 event was your first visit to a JWM as it obviously was a big disappointment to you, which is a real shame as past events have been much better for the spectator, competitor and the general guy wanting to buy jet stuff at the stands.

I would also say that if you start a thread like this and know what the previous event was like you deserve comments both ways. I am speaking the truth as I saw it after actually attending the event.
Again, putting it simply, you complaint is with the guys who ran the 2007 JWM and not with the organisers of the 2009 JWM, as the guys in Israel are doing everything they can to ensure that the problems encountered at the 2007 JWM will not happen again and they are fully aware of the public and non-public problems that you and others encountered both on and off the flying field. The IJMC board have also taken stock of all the problems encountered with the 2007 event/organisers and has also taken massive steps to also ensure that all future JWM’s are run properly by making sure that what they have been told has been done, is in fact really done and not left to the last second and then pass the blame.

As I said at the beginning of this post, I have been attending the JWM since 1997 and have seen the good, bad and ugly. I have seen success and failure in all areas from both sides of the fence. I have been to many IJMC meetings during and after the JWM. I have made rule changes and voted on countries to host the JWM’s. and I can say that in my personal view, the event in Northern Ireland is best learnt from and then moved on from. It highlighted flaws and these have been addressed to secure the future of the JWM.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:39 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: DaveMatthews

Hello Bigplumbs,

I thought a post from a long time IJMC member and JWM competitor since 1997 may be of some help here to answer a few of your questions and address some points you have raised in your last post as I fear that your experience of the JWM in general, is somewhat, (though understandably after just one bad event,) tainted.

I can fully understand your frustration. However, the issues you raise are problems with the organisers of the 2007 JWM event itself. Many people on this forum and others have expressed views, both good and bad on the 2007 JWM and it’s organisers in general. As to you not getting a reply to your two emails, who knows, but that is between you and them and should not reflect on the 2009 JWM event in anyway, as they are totally different people running the Israel event. I have personally been in close very contact with Avi Ambar, (the head 2009 JWM organiser), and his professionalism is second to none and he well knows that this event has to be top notch or he, his group, his country and the IJMC loose out to bad press and ridicule and run the risk of problems for future JWM’s. He (Avi) spoke to all the IJMC members that attended the IJMC meeting in January of this year, and I can tell you under no uncertain terms, that his goal is to have everything in place “this year” and not at the last minute. His website and advertising reflects this strong commitment to making the 2009 event a proper JWM as is expected by all those taking part either as competitor, team member, manager, helper, spouse or indeed spectator.

FYI: All the other past six JWM’s, ’95 Germany, ’97 England, ’99 Austria, ’01 Thailand, ’03 South Africa and ’05 Hungary were not run by the same team as ran the 2007 JWM and as I said, neither is the future 2009 JWM in Israel and that is what Geoff White was suggesting to you when he said give the organisers a break. He was talking about the 2009 event organisers and the next JWM and not the 2007 one.

It is a real shame that the 2007 event was your first visit to a JWM as it obviously was a big disappointment to you, which is a real shame as past events have been much better for the spectator, competitor and the general guy wanting to buy jet stuff at the stands.

Again, putting it simply, you complaint is with the guys who ran the 2007 JWM and not with the organisers of the 2009 JWM, as the guys in Israel are doing everything they can to ensure that the problems encountered at the 2007 JWM will not happen again and they are fully aware of the public and non-public problems that you and others encountered both on and off the flying field. The IJMC board have also taken stock of all the problems encountered with the 2007 event/organisers and has also taken massive steps to also ensure that all future JWM’s are run properly by making sure that what they have been told has been done, is in fact really done and not left to the last second and then pass the blame.

As I said at the beginning of this post, I have been attending the JWM since 1997 and have seen the good, bad and ugly. I have seen success and failure in all areas from both sides of the fence. I have been to many IJMC meetings during and after the JWM. I have made rule changes and voted on countries to host the JWM’s. and I can say that in my personal view, the event in Northern Ireland is best learnt from and then moved on from. It highlighted flaws and these have been addressed to secure the future of the JWM.
Many thanks for a most informative post........... I understand that the 2009 organisers are different from the 2007 organisers and rearly hope the 2009 event is a great success. I guess that the 2007 event was also not waht I was expecting. I have attended many RC flying events and of course the JWM is mainly a competition with much repetition in the flying and being so far from the models when in the air and not being able to rearly see them on the ground was the greatest dissapointment. I think that if the organisers want spectatior they need to mingle in more free flying inbetween the competition slots and allow better acces to the models. For me the cost of getting to Ireland was enough (About the same as I have just paid for my Fly Eagle Jet Rafelle) and the cost to Israel is far too high to risk a dissapointment.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Phantoman
My Feedback: (1)

Dave and Everyone else on this post,

Hello, my name is Allen and I am relatively new to jets. It fact I am waiting for my first one to arrive an F-15 from EJF.

Dave, you wrote an excellent post. You hit the nail right on the head and hopefully this will put an end to all of the negativism going around even before anything has happened. It is hard enough getting a local event going one of this magnitude the negative vibrations certainly don't help.

To parphrase a great tagline We all crash from time to time, Well every event doesn't go as planned from time to time. Get over it, this is just a hobby and many of us just want to dream and imagine that we are the one to take home the prize. Or at least get to go to the dance.

Avi, I am certain you will do a great job. I am reserving my ticket now. BTW if you are ever in Haifa, stop in and say shalom to my son, Joshua. He is in the master program at Technion. He will be easy to find, only American kid.

See you in 2009, but probably sooner.

Allen
Old 03-07-2008, 12:43 PM
SDCrashmaster

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

If they dont I cant see 2010 happening...... I would never go again and neither would the 4 other people I went with
One thing I can guarantee is that no matter how well the '09 event turns out...there will not be an event in 2010.

Everyone knows that the event is only held every two years.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:03 PM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

well, apparently not everyone knows that bro...
Old 03-07-2008, 02:37 PM
doug-tristar

what a shame...
if all 5 of them are the same..
that could bankrupt the show...
NOTTTTTTTTT
Old 03-07-2008, 02:51 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: smaze17

well, apparently not everyone knows that bro...
Cheap pop
Old 03-07-2008, 02:52 PM
bigplumbs
Banned

ORIGINAL: doug-tristar

what a shame...
if all 5 of them are the same..
that could bankrupt the show...
NOTTTTTTTTT
We could of course try.......... Set up a new name have we

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.