Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Composite ARF Tucano Build

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Composite ARF Tucano Build

Old 01-06-2021, 01:54 PM
mautro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thx - double post
Old 01-08-2021, 01:41 AM
mautro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dear all
I’m wondering if this brass tube shall be installed instead of the screws at the oleo? I can’t believe it. If yes - I will do
Old 01-07-2022, 03:44 AM
johannmicallef

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Here are some photos from my build. Still works in progress.

First job was to build a new fire wall into the carbon firewall that was provided with the kit. This was because I will be using a Wren 44 Gold which I had in my old scratch built Tucano. You can see the new firewall glued in place with hysol and reinforced with carbon cloth. The engine was aligned to match the right and down thrust of the cowl.

I also laser cut a new plate for the rudder servo. The kit was designed for two servos but with today's powerful servos, one will more than enough for scale flying.

I also decided to go for a more scale look. Instead of using the supplied grill on the bottom of the fuselage, I opted to open up the scale radiator grills. It wasn't possible to open the full grill since there is the tube former running along but I opened as much as possible . Apart from being more scale, it also offers more air into the fuselage for the turbine intake. Since there is the fuel tank formers running between the holes, I reinforced the area with carbon tape and furthermore I used carbon around the holes.

I also manged to install the tube for the smoke inside the turbine stacks. I drilled a 3mm hole inside the stacks clamps and did a little slot in the stacks. I squeezed the bottom end of the tube to create a mist effect inside the stack.

This weekend I will try to finish the pluming of the tanks and install them. I will be running 3 stock tanks, 2x with kerosene and one for smoke. For UAT I will be using Intairco.

All surfaces apart from the rudder will have Hitec HS-7955TG, rudder Hitec HS-M7990TH
I will be running JR DMSS XB1-CHB with RG031BX
Custom sequencer
Life battery's

Old 01-24-2022, 03:43 PM
YellowAircraft

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi

What colors are the two lights on the bottom of the TE of the rudder supposed to be? I know one of them is a white strobe, but the other?
Old 01-25-2022, 01:26 AM
johannmicallef

Although there seems to be two lights, I always saw one light in the video I saw. It could be that the second one is a formation light and not vissible by the naked eye but I'm not sure about, just my guess.

Old 01-25-2022, 09:21 AM
YellowAircraft

Thanks.

Somebody's gotta know for sure. Sure looks like two lights to me, but I only see one flashing in videos of FS.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:00 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Shaun,

There are two lights. Both are white and only one flashes.

JanR
Old 01-25-2022, 04:17 PM
YellowAircraft

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
Shaun,

There are two lights. Both are white and only one flashes.

JanR

Thanks! What's the other one do?
Old 01-25-2022, 06:19 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The one is a strobe light and the other the normal tail light.

JanR
Old 02-21-2022, 03:00 AM
johannmicallef

Quick question. Are you using the suggested throw for the landing flaps? Haven't flown mine yet but it looked like it has alot of throw. Will maiden soon