Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Anybody Is flying F-5 from SKM or Fb?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Anybody Is flying F-5 from SKM or Fb?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Miquel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody Is flying F-5 from SKM or Fb?

Im interestin in this model haw is fly?
Old 04-14-2008, 01:15 PM
JetsRC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Anybody Is flying F-5 from SKM or Fb?

Miguel the F-5 fly''s very well, it is very stable and also very fast. You will be amazed on how much AOA this jet can handle and how slow you can fly for landings. Visibility is a bit hard sometimes when you have the jet pointing at you becasue the wings are very thin, but after a couple of fights you will get used to it.
The landing gear is amazing and very scale. For power use a 30lbs engine like the Super Eagle and it will be more than enough.

Michel
Old 04-14-2008, 01:15 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Dave Presta flys a demo Skymaster F-5 for RCI and it is awesome!! Powered by a P-120 its on rails. Great plane, lots of fun.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:55 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I got a few laps on a Skymaster F-5. I found that it flys very true, almost like a Bandit or Flash.

And it is extremely fast, I would say the fastest scale jet I have ever seen by far. I did not have any problems seeing it, BTW.

Regards,

Old 04-14-2008, 03:00 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I will be doing a complete build thread on the FeiBao 1/6 F-5 as soon as it arrives from the factory. I am having it painted now. My plan is to put a Titan SE in mine.
Stay tuned!!
Dom
Old 04-14-2008, 03:30 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Dom,
Do you have a flying info on the small F-5 ??
V..
Old 04-14-2008, 03:38 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Vincent.
I have not heard anything on that one. I know that a few guys are doing EDF conversions on the small one but have not heard a flight report. That''s not to say they have yet to fly but I have not seen one. I did see the small version in person and it is a very good looking airplane. Very tempting if I had a spare P-70 sitting around.
Dom
Old 04-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

It looks like a P-60 would power is nice too.
V..
Old 04-15-2008, 12:50 PM
jwsp69
My Feedback: (2)

Have done a handful of flights on the feibao small F5.

In the red and white swiss paint. Have a P70 in it. With its small wing I just try to keep it as light as possible. No extra valves or gear doors on it, no cockpit as well. Got it to weight in at 8.5kg dry. Real nice bird to look on the ground and gets small really fast in the air with the P70 with more then enough power to push it around.

Flys straight and true in the air. And with a flying tail putting it together is simple. The narrow wing is just good for me, it fits into my car without having to remove the wings.

Make sure the nose is raised to have a slight positive angle on the ground to make ot easy on the takeoff. Landing is easy.....downwind and turn base...halfway true base...idle all the waytill it lands. It takes a whils to slow down and surprisingly keeps flying even with the speed down low. The wide wheel track makes it easy on the ground also.

Just need to be very aware of it in the air coz it gets fast and small...very fast. Other then that....its a pleasant jet. Not a first jet definitely.