Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JR 2.4 reciever??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JR 2.4 reciever??

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:27 PM
fast jets
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 2.4 reciever??

Hi Guys

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I was unable to find a radio forum and since all I care to fly is jets, I will ask here.

Every once in a while when I power up the transmitter and receiver, one satellite light will be blinking, most of the time turning it all off and restarting it will cure it. However yesterday I had one satellite blinking really fast and when I checked that antenna on the flight logger, it was counting up continuosly. I do not recall ever seeing this before but it was obviously not working on that satellite so, I turned it all off and back on again and it did it again. So I turned it off again and on again and all was fine. After the flight, the fade count was low ( 30 and under ) with no frame losses. Today with a differant model on the table but the same transmitter I thought that I would try to see if I could duplicate it again. Sure enough, the first time I turned it on the satellite that was closest to the transmitter antenna ( 4" ) blinked very fast and the fade counter was continuosly counting up. So I turned it off and moved the transmitter further away and have not been able to reproduce it again.

Just wondering if anybody else has run into this and is it better to place transmitter further away when powering it up?

John
Old 09-02-2008, 09:16 PM
seflyer
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: JR 2.4 reciever??

I have found that if the antenna is brought real close to one of the satellites it will start counting rapidly, I also have been able to duplicate this on the bench. at the field i just keep the transmitter a few feet away and have had no excessive fades on any antenna. Kevin
Old 09-02-2008, 09:19 PM
fw190pilot

I would be willing to bet you were just swamping the reciever. Try to duplicate it again and the next time try the range check funtion and see if the problem goes away. That will have the same affect as moving the transmitter further away. At least you will know if the transmitter being too close was the root cause of the problem.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:40 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Yes, swamping, keep the Tx a yard/meter away from the model when powering up, I see people with the Tx on top of the model and it's too close.

Dave Wilshere
Old 09-03-2008, 07:32 AM
fast jets
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks guys

I will make sure to keep my transmitter further away when turning on. One thing more that I thought of last night is that in both models this very fast blinking light only happened after I switched from my 9303 to the 12X. A satillite light blinky slow has happened on the 9303 evey once in a while as well but I have never seen the really fast blink.

John