Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Boomerang SPRINT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Boomerang SPRINT

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 05:11 PM
R/CBOONE72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boomerang SPRINT

This looks like a good plane... So i just have a few small questions. Is the rudder servos micro or standard size? Will 172 inoz be enough for elevater, I plan i using 5645's everywhere else. If I buy the compete pro link retract set from dream works, the to valves, brake and retract mechanical valves, they both need a seperate servo correct? I have used a mini servo in the past, wil this due for this bigger valve? Would it be better for me to try to install 3 inch wheels in stead of the 2 5/8 inch wheels that come with the comlete set, I have a grass runway that 80 percent of the time i will be using that, and its not the smoothest right now. So would going to three make it a little less likly to get stuck in a hole? or should I just put the 2 5'8 on and go on? I plan on putting the artes rabbit in it, or maybe a p-70. can't decide, don't know which is better for the grass im on and I plan on aerobatics to cause thats my favorite part. lol. and just a general question: why do some people mount the bubble tank in at abot a 45 degree angle on some jets like a boomer and not some others? any reason for this?
Old 10-23-2008, 05:13 PM
R/CBOONE72

Default RE: Boomerang SPRINT

Also how many servos are used on the flap and how many on the elevater? one each?
Old 10-23-2008, 06:01 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The rudder servos are standard size, one servo is used on the flap, one servo on the elevator and 172 is plenty. You can use mini servo on the retract and brake valves. Either engine you are looking at will work with the Rabbit maybe being slightly lighter. The 3" wheels will probably work but might be a close fit in the ABS wheel wells, I'd have to measure the well to see how much, if any, room is available. As far as the UAT, it is a matter of preference and space available, some like it anlged, some straight up, some on their side.

George
Old 10-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get by with 80 oz servos all round and they don't need to be digitals... you can put mini servos in the rudders to save a bit of weight....It (and its older brother the Baby / intro), are very aerobatic...check out the videos on the boomerang website...
Old 10-23-2008, 06:34 PM
R/CBOONE72

thanks guys, that answerd everything.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:36 PM
R/CBOONE72

I thought of one more thing, does it matter if they are metal or karbonite, plastic, titanium. does it matter?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Titanium is overkill
metal is good
plastic is okay
stay away from Karbonite

imho, of course......
Old 10-24-2008, 03:41 PM
R/CBOONE72

whats wrong with karbonite? I used one for steering on my phoenix but i guess the gear did break out but thats after it hold and knocked the gear out. I was planning on using mini servos which have karbonite gears for the valves but thats it. everything else it metal digital 5646 and 7985mg on ele and a 635 or somethin like that for rudd