Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

PST repair costs

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

PST repair costs

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 08:28 PM
scraper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PST repair costs

Hi guys

My PST600r recently got sent to them because it failed in flight, upon landing it was found the turbine wheel had lost 2 blades. The result from Kravith was that the rear bearing failed resulting in the further damage, Considering the turbine had just had a bearing change and balance (not from pst) i was a little pissed! not to mention the $1500 usd they wanted to repair it.

This is my second PST 600 the first one also failed at only 25 hours from the combustion chamber burning out, When contacted pst pretty much said to bad, it was a early model and wanted to charge me full price for a new chamber.. no customer support there thats for sure.

So whats the point here? After finding out they wanted to charge me $150 usd in freight to send the unrepaired turbine back to me i have to wonder how the hell they can justify there pricing on this? cumon, $150 to send a somthing smaller than a shoe box back to me? thats over $280 New Zealand dollars!

I was looking for 2 turbines for my mibo A10, but i will no longer be considering or recomending pst.

Jared

edited to change title
Old 12-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: PST Rant

- Well " scraper " $150 for shipping is not out of hand anymore. That is what it costs me to send an engine from Canada to Thailand
UPS expidited and insured.
- As for combustion issues on earlier engines - I know of other manufacturers that went through the same exercise and guess what, I
was told too bad - here is the bill as well. Its called evolution. I'll bet that engine you talk about was probably 5- 6 years old.
- Lastly, when you have " someone else " other than the manufacturer " repair " your engine don't blame the manufacturer.

Jeez.............

Dean W.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:12 PM
scraper

ORIGINAL: Helijet

- Well " scraper " $150 for shipping is not out of hand anymore. That is what it costs me to send an engine from Canada to Thailand
UPS expidited and insured.
- As for combustion issues on earlier engines - I know of other manufacturers that went through the same exercise and guess what, I
was told too bad - here is the bill as well. Its called evolution. I'll bet that engine you talk about was probably 5- 6 years old.
- Lastly, when you have " someone else " other than the manufacturer " repair " your engine don't blame the manufacturer.

Jeez.............

Dean W.

Your correct, that motor was one of the first they produced, if would have been "nice" to at least offer a new chamber at a discounted rate because it was a failure of there doing, even more so since it had done less than 25 hours. I since fitted a jet joe chamber and its running great.

Actualy i am not blaming pst at all for this turbine failure, my point was more of a "holy crap you want how much to fix it, surly you could look after your customers better than that"

And btw that "someone else" is a well respected company!

Jared

Old 12-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may be missing something here, but I'm kinda curious - if the "someone else" is so respectable in regards to quality trurbine repair, why did the new bearings they installed fail so quickly ? Why aren't you complaining about the someone else whose repair didn't last, rather than complaining about the manufacturer who's somehow expected to clean up their mess ?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:50 PM
scraper

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

I may be missing something here, but I'm kinda curious - if the "someone else" is so respectable in regards to quality trurbine repair, why did the new bearings they installed fail so quickly ? Why aren't you complaining about the someone else whose repair didn't last, rather than complaining about the manufacturer who's somehow expected to clean up their mess ?
Once again, im not blaming anyone for it failing, S*#t happens, but i am questioning for me what seems to be a large repair bill for only a the 5 parts needed to repair.

I have home built turbines for years so understand the costs involved very well, i just dont see the $1500 needed to repair this one. Also considering it was only $60 to send the turbine there, i wonder why it takes $150 to return it.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:19 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: scraper

Hi guys

My PST600r recently got sent to them because it failed in flight, upon landing it was found the turbine wheel had lost 2 blades. The result from Kravith was that the rear bearing failed resulting in the further damage, Considering the turbine had just had a bearing change and balance (not from pst) i was a little pissed! not to mention the $1500 usd they wanted to repair it.

This is my second PST 600 the first one also failed at only 25 hours from the combustion chamber burning out, When contacted pst pretty much said to bad, it was a early model and wanted to charge me full price for a new chamber.. no customer support there thats for sure.

So whats the point here? After finding out they wanted to charge me $150 usd in freight to send the unrepaired turbine back to me i have to wonder how the hell they can justify there pricing on this? cumon, $150 to send a somthing smaller than a shoe box back to me? thats over $280 New Zealand dollars! I was looking for 2 turbines for my mibo A10, but i will no longer be considering or recomending pst.

Jared

So let me get this straight and to reiterate what others have said...

1. You sent the engine back to PST after somebody else did a repair on it and it failed, and now you're upset over what PST wants to fix it? I don't understand why you wouldn't have gotten in touch with whoever did the initial repair, reputable or not. And honestly, no disrespect intended but
I have home built turbines for years so understand the costs involved very well, i just dont see the $1500 needed to repair this one.
If you have home built turbines for years, why spend money having somebody else change bearings? Buy the bearings and do it yourself...

2. In the beginning's of PST, like many other turbine manufactures, there was a shorter warranty period than what some are offering today. Yes the combustion chamber burning out after 25 hours sucks, but if it was past warranty, I don't know of any manufacture that would repair at discounted prices. If anything on your car fails even 5 seconds after warranty runs out they're not going to repair it at a discount. The customer support was there in that they had the parts available and were able to fix it, if you chose not to that is your choice.

So whats the point here? After finding out they wanted to charge me $150 usd in freight to send the unrepaired turbine back to me i have to wonder how the hell they can justify there pricing on this? cumon, $150 to send a somthing smaller than a shoe box back to me? thats over $280 New Zealand dollars!
To be honest, I don't see a point in this statement, so they want you to pay the return shipping for your engine, I fail to see the problem there! The shipping costs are never the same one way from the other. I can get a model shipped to me from Tower Hobbies into Canada for $30, if I want to send that identical airplane back from Canada into the US it will cost me over $100, different carriers, different rates, not fair, but that's how it is.

4. You're not blaming anyone or pointing fingers, yet you have made it clear that you will no longer purchase or recommend a PST engine, that sounds like you're blaming PST to me, they won't fix your engine to your liking so you won't deal with them anymore.
I don't see why a manufacture should discount a repair to any engine personally, maybe if you're a rep, dealer, or just a customer who owns multiple engines and spends a huge amount of dollars, but otherwise why? They're in business, they need to make money. I had a Ram 750 that lost a blade from the turbine wheel, it was going to cost me $1400USD to get it repaired, I didn't bother, it wasn't worth it, but I didn't question the price, it was from a reputable guy too, I'm sure it would have ran great if I'd had it fixed, but I didn't, not for that engine. I don't know squat about the cost of the parts, but parts and labor all add up, they do in my shop.

So I have a solution, I will have PST fix the engine, and I'll pay the $150 to ship it back to me, I could always use a second 600

I own 3 PST's, I've had good luck, I'm happy with PST
Old 12-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Ayrtonsenna
My Feedback: (1)

Hi Jared-
This is all very interesting, being new to turbines, I was thinking of a new PST (J800R) as I've heard alot of good things about the company, so I'm a little disappointed with the "after sales service" you're received.
Maybe they just don't sell enough PSTs in New Zealand to justify going the extra mile for customers, but you'd really think
given the current economic times this would be a good idea regardless of who was to blame.

With the States being in such a mess, its not like any of us will be rushing out and spending large amounts of money in the near future- if anything, we all will be alot more careful before buying products- and press like this, cant be good- []

Anyway- where abouts do you fly, I'd be keen to come out and have a look some time-

Antony-
Old 12-05-2008, 01:25 AM
scraper

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

Hi guys

So whats the point here? After finding out they wanted to charge me $150 usd in freight to send the unrepaired turbine back to me i have to wonder how the hell they can justify there pricing on this? cumon, $150 to send a somthing smaller than a shoe box back to me? thats over $280 New Zealand dollars! I was looking for 2 turbines for my mibo A10, but i will no longer be considering or recomending pst.

Jared

So let me get this straight and to reiterate what others have said...

1. You sent the engine back to PST after somebody else did a repair on it and it failed, and now you're upset over what PST wants to fix it? I don't understand why you wouldn't have gotten in touch with whoever did the initial repair, reputable or not. And honestly, no disrespect intended but
I have home built turbines for years so understand the costs involved very well, i just dont see the $1500 needed to repair this one.
If you have home built turbines for years, why spend money having somebody else change bearings? Buy the bearings and do it yourself...

2. In the beginning's of PST, like many other turbine manufactures, there was a shorter warranty period than what some are offering today. Yes the combustion chamber burning out after 25 hours sucks, but if it was past warranty, I don't know of any manufacture that would repair at discounted prices. If anything on your car fails even 5 seconds after warranty runs out they're not going to repair it at a discount. The customer support was there in that they had the parts available and were able to fix it, if you chose not to that is your choice.

To be honest, I don't see a point in this statement, so they want you to pay the return shipping for your engine, I fail to see the problem there! The shipping costs are never the same one way from the other. I can get a model shipped to me from Tower Hobbies into Canada for $30, if I want to send that identical airplane back from Canada into the US it will cost me over $100, different carriers, different rates, not fair, but that's how it is.

4. You're not blaming anyone or pointing fingers, yet you have made it clear that you will no longer purchase or recommend a PST engine, that sounds like you're blaming PST to me, they won't fix your engine to your liking so you won't deal with them anymore.
I don't see why a manufacture should discount a repair to any engine personally, maybe if you're a rep, dealer, or just a customer who owns multiple engines and spends a huge amount of dollars, but otherwise why? They're in business, they need to make money. I had a Ram 750 that lost a blade from the turbine wheel, it was going to cost me $1400USD to get it repaired, I didn't bother, it wasn't worth it, but I didn't question the price, it was from a reputable guy too, I'm sure it would have ran great if I'd had it fixed, but I didn't, not for that engine. I don't know squat about the cost of the parts, but parts and labor all add up, they do in my shop.

So I have a solution, I will have PST fix the engine, and I'll pay the $150 to ship it back to me, I could always use a second 600

I own 3 PST's, I've had good luck, I'm happy with PST
To answer

1) I would not call a bearing change a repair, Yes the bearings were changed by me, the motor was sent away for balancing. Thats why i have no need to blame them or pst for it failing.

2) I would have expected a little better support for a replacment chamber, i was not expecting them to fit it, i was going to. Whats wrong with wanting a little discount on a new chamber when it was there product that failed long before it should have. I was not expecting it free, but a show of "appreciation" as a customer would have been nice.

3) I have no problem in the least paying for freight, It was that $150 seemed excessive to me, even more so when you convert it to our dollar

4) The reason why i will not have another pst is not because of the way they run, its because of the high repair cost when they fail,

I am in the same business as you and i believe in going that little bit extra for the customer, i do not feel that pst has in my 2 occasions when ive had a problem. And sorry the 600 will end up back here to be fitted with jetjoe parts. Its just not worth fitting pst parts to.

This thread was really just me having a rant about my dealings with pst and to see what other people expect to pay for repairs, not to lay blame like you would assume.

Old 12-05-2008, 04:31 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My friend had a first generation Jetcat P-80.
It also burnt through the cumbustion chamber. But they replaced it for free with the newest version. He only had to pay for the bearings, and service.
Jetcat Germany. Good service in this case
Old 12-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

For North America customers, I don't see enough value from PST turbines to worth the hassle / cost of dealing with Thailand for service.

Most major brands are close in performance, so service is really a differentiator.

My $0.02
Old 12-05-2008, 10:11 AM
B777

Jared,

So please arrange shipping company to pick up your turbine. This will save you the most.

You can use any aftermarket parts you wish but those that are around you, please take caution !!!

Kraivuth S.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: B777
So please arrange shipping company to pick up your turbine. This will save you the most.
Excellent response IMO.

The customer can now choose the shipping cost vs risk option that will make him happy. (Assuming that anything can...)

Gordon
Old 12-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

ORIGINAL: B777

Jared,

You can use any aftermarket parts you wish but those that are around you, please take caution !!!

Kraivuth S.
Kraivuth, I do not how you can keep so civil about this issue[sm=47_47.gif]
Old 12-05-2008, 12:15 PM
LGM Graphix

To answer

1) I would not call a bearing change a repair, Yes the bearings were changed by me, the motor was sent away for balancing. Thats why i have no need to blame them or pst for it failing.

2) I would have expected a little better support for a replacment chamber, i was not expecting them to fit it, i was going to. Whats wrong with wanting a little discount on a new chamber when it was there product that failed long before it should have. I was not expecting it free, but a show of "appreciation" as a customer would have been nice.

3) I have no problem in the least paying for freight, It was that $150 seemed excessive to me, even more so when you convert it to our dollar

4) The reason why i will not have another pst is not because of the way they run, its because of the high repair cost when they fail,

I am in the same business as you and i believe in going that little bit extra for the customer, i do not feel that pst has in my 2 occasions when ive had a problem. And sorry the 600 will end up back here to be fitted with jetjoe parts. Its just not worth fitting pst parts to.

This thread was really just me having a rant about my dealings with pst and to see what other people expect to pay for repairs, not to lay blame like you would assume.

1. So the story is different again, now YOU replaced the bearings, not as you said here:
Considering the turbine had just had a bearing change and balance (not from pst)
Now I don't know who you are or what your experience is, but after having anyone else work on an engine that is not the manufacture, how can you seriously be upset about what the manufacture charges for a repair??? You say you're not blaming PST for the part failing, but what you are doing, and have done, is started a thread that already has one person saying they were considering PST but after reading your illegitimate gripe will probably not consider one. I guess you can look at blame as being a couple different things, but just by calling your thread a PST Rant alone you make it appear as though you are blaming them.

2. How far past Warranty was your engine when the combustion chamber failed? Why would you EXPECT anyone to discount a part to you? That's ridiculous, EXPECT to pay full price and if you get offered a discount be thankful, don't EXPECT a discount and then be pissed off if you don't get one. Again I reiterate, how many manufactures of ANYTHING, cars, cell phones, your oven, etc would offer a discount on a part after the warranty is up? I don't know of any.

3. Well Kraivuth has given you the option of using whoever you want for shipping, so I'd take that, hopefully it will be less for you.

4. I have seen some problems with PST, I've also seen their reps work hard to resolve those problems, as for how they run, mine are all strong, and consistent. I had a problem with an EGT probe on one of my 1300's in the beginning, no big deal, new probe, no more problems. I'm not brand specific, but for the cost of the engines, I think they're a great value, nobody else has a 28lb thrust engine out there for the same price as as PST1300R. Yes shipping to Taiwan kind of sucks, but from where I live, I have to ship any engine I have out of country for service, even to the US doesn't cost a lot less than overseas for shipping from Canada and we're on the same continent!

This thread was never about seeing what others expect to pay for repairs, never once did you ask anyone of they thought it was excessive, or ask what a similar repair would cost from another manufacture. You started a thread called PST RANT and started to ***** about things that as far as I'm concerned are not fair to PST. It's not like they are trying to rip you off, it's not like they've had your engine for 8 months and done nothing. You come across as though you're pissed off about the fact that you didn't get special treatment so now you're going to whine to everyone else about it.

As for customer service, read some of the other threads on RCU about some other manufactures or companies on here who receive engines, or money, or whatever and then don't even respond to emails or phone calls, who take the money and it takes legal action to get anything happening, THEN tell me what bad customer service is. PST has been in contact with you and given you legitimate answers and pricing for your engine, I fail to see how that is bad customer service!
Old 12-05-2008, 01:17 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Well Put Jeremy ... Twice....
Old 12-05-2008, 04:32 PM
scraper

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

To answer

1. So the story is different again, now YOU replaced the bearings, not as you said here:
Considering the turbine had just had a bearing change and balance (not from pst)
Now I don't know who you are or what your experience is, but after having anyone else work on an engine that is not the manufacture, how can you seriously be upset about what the manufacture charges for a repair??? You say you're not blaming PST for the part failing, but what you are doing, and have done, is started a thread that already has one person saying they were considering PST but after reading your illegitimate gripe will probably not consider one. I guess you can look at blame as being a couple different things, but just by calling your thread a PST Rant alone you make it appear as though you are blaming them.

2. How far past Warranty was your engine when the combustion chamber failed? Why would you EXPECT anyone to discount a part to you? That's ridiculous, EXPECT to pay full price and if you get offered a discount be thankful, don't EXPECT a discount and then be pissed off if you don't get one. Again I reiterate, how many manufactures of ANYTHING, cars, cell phones, your oven, etc would offer a discount on a part after the warranty is up? I don't know of any.

3. Well Kraivuth has given you the option of using whoever you want for shipping, so I'd take that, hopefully it will be less for you.

4. I have seen some problems with PST, I've also seen their reps work hard to resolve those problems, as for how they run, mine are all strong, and consistent. I had a problem with an EGT probe on one of my 1300's in the beginning, no big deal, new probe, no more problems. I'm not brand specific, but for the cost of the engines, I think they're a great value, nobody else has a 28lb thrust engine out there for the same price as as PST1300R. Yes shipping to Taiwan kind of sucks, but from where I live, I have to ship any engine I have out of country for service, even to the US doesn't cost a lot less than overseas for shipping from Canada and we're on the same continent!

This thread was never about seeing what others expect to pay for repairs, never once did you ask anyone of they thought it was excessive, or ask what a similar repair would cost from another manufacture. You started a thread called PST RANT and started to ***** about things that as far as I'm concerned are not fair to PST. It's not like they are trying to rip you off, it's not like they've had your engine for 8 months and done nothing. You come across as though you're pissed off about the fact that you didn't get special treatment so now you're going to whine to everyone else about it.

As for customer service, read some of the other threads on RCU about some other manufactures or companies on here who receive engines, or money, or whatever and then don't even respond to emails or phone calls, who take the money and it takes legal action to get anything happening, THEN tell me what bad customer service is. PST has been in contact with you and given you legitimate answers and pricing for your engine, I fail to see how that is bad customer service!
1) How is my story different? i never said pst changed the bearings, I said the turbine had just had a bearing change and a balance. I never specified who did what bit, perhaps for your sake i should have. Why wouldnt i be upset about a repair bill? I just dont see how it has $1500 in it.

2) I believe the waranty was 15 hours? that turbine had done less than 25. At what point did i say i EXPECTED discount? I said it would have been nice if they had done so. I did not ask for discount and they never gave any so i went elsewhere.

3) I will be taking that option, Why wasnt that option suggested in the first place? Finding a cheaper option for the customer in my opnion would have been a good show that your looking out for them.

4) Considering the nature of this thread, it is only to be expected people would chime in with there experences on other companys service and repair costs, Like others have already done, even you regarding your ram. And there are others out there with 28# for cheaper than pst, you might not want to use them but they are there.

Like i said this was me having a rant about pst, eg: I was pissed off that i thought there charges were over the top and wanted some opnions on it, thats why its a forum. Thanks for giving yours.

Jared
Old 12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, there are a lot of arguments to be made that this is not a forum for the free expression and exchange of ideas. The whiney pants forum is at http://whinersforum.com/
Old 12-05-2008, 05:11 PM
scraper

Sean: Why is is wrong to question a repair and freight cost? You may say if you dont like it to go elsewhere, which i have done, but why is it wrong to question it? I for one would like to know if im being overcharged or not.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Gordon Mc

1) How is my story different? i never said pst changed the bearings, I said the turbine had just had a bearing change and a balance. I never specified who did what bit, perhaps for your sake i should have.
LOL - you originally claimed the repair was done by "a well respected company". Now you admit it was done by you.

Seems rather egotistical (as well as deliberately deceptive) to refer to yourself that way. Your rant here certainly doesn't seem to be representative of a well respected anything as far as I can tell.

It kinda looks like you came in here to bash PST in the hopes that they would say "oh no – someone is complaining about us – we'd better give him lots of freebies / discounts to make him like us and say good things about us on RCU !" Fortunately most "well respected companies" don't seem to bow to extortion.

Far from making PST look bad, I think this thread has shown them to have class in the way that Kraivuth responded so non-confrontationally to the bait.

Gordon
Old 12-05-2008, 06:47 PM
FILE IFR

Hi guys

My PST600r recently got sent to them because it failed in flight, upon landing it was found the turbine wheel had lost 2 blades. The result from Kravith was that the rear bearing failed resulting in the further damage, Considering the turbine had just had a bearing change and balance (not from pst) i was a little pissed!
Have you alerted the company who did the bearing change/balance and told them that their recent work has done major damage?

I'd try knocking on their door first to ask them to correct the problem caused by the new rear bearing.

*EDIT* I see YOU changed the bearing... Did you balance the wheels or did a "reputable company" do it??
Old 12-05-2008, 07:39 PM
scraper

B
ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

Hi guys

My PST600r recently got sent to them because it failed in flight, upon landing it was found the turbine wheel had lost 2 blades. The result from Kravith was that the rear bearing failed resulting in the further damage, Considering the turbine had just had a bearing change and balance (not from pst) i was a little pissed!
Have you alerted the company who did the bearing change/balance and told them that their recent work has done major damage?

I'd try knocking on their door first to ask them to correct the problem caused by the new rear bearing.

*EDIT* I see YOU changed the bearing... Did you balance the wheels or did a "reputable company" do it??
Both bearings were changed by me infront of the pst agent, the turbine was then sent away to Australia to be balanced.

Rember i am not blaming pst or anyone for the turbine failing, why it failed does not really matter, what i am doing is asking why the cost of repair is this large and is it resonable.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:48 PM
LGM Graphix

I was going to again comment about your "not blaming", but why bother, it falls on deaf ears anyway......
Old 12-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Gordon Mc

what i am doing is asking why the cost of repair is this large and is it resonable.
No – if that was what you were doing, you would have posted a question like "Hey guys – I'm being quoted $X for such & such repair – seems high to me – does it seem reasonable ? (AFTER asking PST directly why it was so high)

Instead you came on here to RANT – your words, not ours. Asking and ranting are NOT synonymous.

and when you say :
and

"holy crap you want how much to fix it, surly you could look after your customers better than that"

Those comments right there are not simply asking why the bill is large and whether it's reasonable – they (and your follow-up comments) are simply b*tching about the fact that you were not given a discount, and you are claiming that failing to give a discount is equal to "no customer support". What utter tripe !!

What is it that makes YOU so special that you should get a discount anyway ?

I just bought some parts from Peter at Altecare, and I had to pay full price – how dare he not give me a discount ? I think I'll post a rant about Altecare.

I also placed 2 orders with Tower Hobbies this week and they didn't give me a discount either !!! I know – I'll post a rant about Tower.

I just came back from buying the groceries for the weekend, and Whole Foods didn't give me any discount !!! I'm REALLY going to rant about them !!!

there product that failed long before it should have.
Again – this is NOT anything about "why is the bill so large, and is it reasonable?" – instead you are trying to suggest that the product was defective in failing prematurely - even though you have subsequently indicated that it was substantially beyond its warranty ! Geeze Louise … do you do the same with your car ? Do you go to the dealer and complain that parts that were warrantied for 60,000 miles failed at 100,000 miles and they should not have, so they had better give you a discount on the repair ? They'd laugh you right off the premises !

Are you really this out of touch ? Are are you simply a troll ?

Gordon
Old 12-05-2008, 08:25 PM
FILE IFR

Both bearings were changed by me infront of the pst agent, the turbine was then sent away to Australia to be balanced.

Rember i am not blaming pst or anyone for the turbine failing, why it failed does not really matter, what i am doing is asking why the cost of repair is this large and is it resonable.
A supervised bearing change... you didn't metion that in the first place, that's a little better, but It doesn't matter.

The cost/shipping 'is what it is' and there's not much that can be done about it. A friend of mine has an OLD airstart engine (I won't say the brand, it's NOT a PST). It got sent in after a major failure... Comp and turbine wheels, burner can and bearings are all junk. The repairs would be close to $1,900.00 so it 'is what it is' and that's what repairs/shipping cost with these things.

I would like to see you do Kraivuth a favor and change the title of this thread as repair parts/labor/shipping is not his fault. They're all roughly the same prices- shipping destinations/prices may vary.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:26 PM
B777

Jared,

I can understand some of your points but I don't get why are you RANTing PST over RCU forum targeting to discredit PST. We and Rene at Galtech tried our best to help you. If you are not happy with our repair quote, we can respect your personal opinion. However, I think that its only fair to RANT if you have this type of service done from someone else before at much lower cost.

This nature of damage destroys the bearings, compressor wheel, bearing tube, rotor shaft, NGV, turbine wheel, and tail cone. Combustion chamber is still good though This will give the opportunity for others to chime in and quote you for repair.

This turbine was also operated with your own OPEN ecu. This means Unknown max RPM, ramping values, and run cycle/time.

We are not in the business to take advantage of repair cost or shipping charges. Sorry about you lost but we shouldn't be blamed or ranted for quoting our repair cost. Shipping cost is out of our hands. Due to the nature of your service and operation, warranty can not be offered.

BTW, we will remove PST serial number if you will use aftermarket parts to reassemble this engine.

Hope that you can see our points,
Kraivuth S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.