Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FESTO FITTINGS BEST PLACE TO BUY ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FESTO FITTINGS BEST PLACE TO BUY ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 04:30 AM
jamiechip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FESTO FITTINGS BEST PLACE TO BUY ?

HI THERE EVERY ONE IM AFTER A GOOD PLACE TO BUY THE FESTO FITTINGS SOMEWHERE THAT HAS A GOOD RANGE IM AFTER MAINLY 3MM AND 4MM FITTINGS CHECK VALVES

AND MAYBE SOME HELP WITH WHAT TO USE WHAT I AM RUNNING A THE JJJ MICRO TURBINE SO I HAVE A TANK WITH 4MM FITTINGS I NEED TO GO FROM THE TANK TO THE PUMP SO A BALL VALVE IN HERE I THINK THEN TO THE TURBINE SO I THINK A FUEL FILTER THEN A STEP DOWN TO THE 3MM HOSE.
THE SECOND HOSE ON THE TANK IS A FILLER LINE SO EITHER A CHECK VALVE OR SOMETHING HERE
THE THIRD LINE ON THE TANK IS NEED TO RUN A BREITHER LINE TO THE BACK OF THE PLANE SO EITHER A REDUCER TO STEP DOWN TO THE 3MM OR PUSH THE 3MM INTO THE 4MM HOSE THEN A CAP ON THE END OF THE 3MM HOSE
ALSO THERE IS A PROPANE LINE FROM THE TURBINE AND WITH THIS I NEED TO MKNOW WICH FITTING TO RUN ON THE END AS ITS 3MM LINE AND IT NEED TO BE LEAK PROOF LIKE A 100% SO AS NOT TO MELT THE LINE AT THE TURBINE END ?

ANY HELP ALONG HERE OR ANYTHING THAT I HAVE MISSED HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APRECIATED THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 06-24-2009, 06:31 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: FESTO FITTINGS BEST PLACE TO BUY ?

www.altecarerc.com
Old 06-24-2009, 07:59 AM
swansons
My Feedback: (3)

http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/...f5d451&x=5&y=7
Old 06-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may also want to look at SMC connectors. Dreamworks has them in stock also, at a much more attractive price than Festo. Caution; Festo is measured in mm while SMC is in inches (3.2 mm or 1/8" with SMC). I use SMC with inch size tubing and have been able to get inch size tubing into Festos also. The other way around may result in leaks (SMC with metric tubing).
Old 06-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Kelly W
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SMC manufactures their fittings in both standards, as do most manufacturers. I design large scale automation equipment for a living and we typically standardize on SMC with some Pisco brand fittings. We just switched over from Imperial to Metric about 3 years ago, although some fittings are made to work in both cases (such as 4mm ~= 5/32"). Also an interesting little tidbit... Most of Festo's connectors are not actually made by Festo. Pisco manufactures most of them for Festo and the only difference in most cases is the colour of the inlet ring on each end.

Kelly
Old 06-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Hawkflyer

Hi Jamie,
Try the intairco website he has nearly all the festo fittings and will post them to you fairly quick.
Tony
Old 06-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Kelly. I guess I should have guessed that SMC would make both metric and english. The SMC connectors I got from Dreamworks are 3.2 MM which works fine for the 1/8" air lines. As I mentioned, I was able to get the 1/8" tube into the metric Festos but a word of caution - you may never get them back out again. Strangly enough I was able to get red, yellow green and clear in and out but the blue colored lines I have will not come back out without destroying the retainer in the Festo.