Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Feibao MB 339 Claim

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Feibao MB 339 Claim

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:01 PM
marineA4
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feibao MB 339 Claim

Hello Everyone,

I'm starting this thread in the attempt to retrieve as much info as possible on the Feibao MB339 airframe and some of its unairworthy issues.

Many of you may already know of the problem that occurred with Doc Rodriguez and his beautiful Feibao MB339 that separated while in flight with two different FB kits due to poor design.

The first airframe broke apart at the nose section where it blew apart and the second airframe broke apart at the wing section. I've been trying to search for a video that was posted here on RCU but i've had no luck in retreiving it. It clearly shows the airplane separating while in flight at an event being held in Waco Texas. If anyone finds the video please post or link.

I've been discussing this issue thru emails with Feibao and so far the company wishes not to take responsibility for the design of the airframe. If the airframe was designed and fabricated by FB then this issue pertains to them only. I dont understand why they wish not to get involved.
Feibao also confirmed that upgrades where done to the airframe. Are the upgrades suitable enough for the airframe to maintain airworthy.
So if FB indeed has made upgrades why has Doc not received another kit after the second incident at Waco? He has patiently been waiting for over a year now and nothing has been promised by FB to this date.

Having been contracted by Doc Rodriguez to be his new builder i'm pretty concerned as to the true integrity of the airframe and any other incidents occurring and hurting someone. I'd like to do a complete inspection and thourough testing of the airframe and determine if this airframe is airworthy to perform. I feel it will in return give a better feed back to the RCU community as to the true integrity of this kit. I'm hoping that Feibao will resolve this issue in a speedy manner and get the Doc up in the air again.

If anyone has any description or information pertaining to this incident please post on here or pm me. It would be very much appreciated!

Thank you all for your support

Regards,

Orlando
Old 07-20-2009, 10:09 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Feibao MB 339 Claim

Orlando,

I believe you have it backwards. The nose folded/exploded on the first jet, and the replacement jet's wing tube folded at the fuselage. I think that's how it went anyway.There are video's here on RCU...I remember seeing it a year or so ago.

Beave

Old 07-20-2009, 10:11 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Here's the vid i believe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWHCz...eature=related
Old 07-20-2009, 10:13 PM
marineA4

Beave,

You know what, I just noted my mistake. Thanks! I will go ahead and correct it.

Thanks Beave

Old 07-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Gonzalo38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you guys are so worried about the Feibao MB-339, why insisting with another kit ? Why not switch to Skymaster ? No problems with my Skymaster MB-339 equipped with a Rhino turbine.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:21 PM
marineA4

Gosh, I've pulled every strand of hair and have left myself bald looking for that video. I look like i've recieved Chemo therapy again with as much hair i've pulled of my head.....LOL! I certainly hope I dont go thru that again.

Thanks invertermast, appreciate the video.

Regards,
Old 07-20-2009, 10:26 PM
bevar

Gonz,

I believe it is because FB said they would "take care of the jet" and has now decided to back out of the deal.

That's the story I heard anyway...

Beave

ORIGINAL: Gonzalo38

If you guys are so worried about the Feibao MB-339, why insisting with another kit ? Why not switch to Skymaster ? No problems with my Skymaster MB-339 equipped with a Rhino turbine.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:37 PM
marineA4

ORIGINAL: Gonzalo38

Gon,

Thats easy! The gentleman paid for a kit from FB. Feibao said that they will do upgrades to the kit and another person was involved with helping out in putting together another airframe for Doc. Feibao has confirmed that they've done upgrades to the kit but FB has failed to release a kit to a rightful owner. I'm clueless as to why FB has not bothered to reinburst a customer who purchased a kit from them.

I'm sure skymaster would have helped out with a replacement kit.

Thanks,

Orlando
Old 07-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Gonzalo38

Orlando:

Good luck to you guys with the new kit. Hopefully, this time Feibao has really fixed the problem and you guys will have a nice flying jet. Keep us posted.

P.D:. I guess you shouldn't expect too much from Feibao right now, specially when they haven't even responded to several customers that were let down by their US distributor.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:31 PM
marineA4

Gonz,

Thanks! Hopefully FB will come thru.

It might seem like bad timing but after all this is something that happened way before newer events took place. Besides, I think its a FB issue and does not pertain to any of its distributors in the US or any where.

We will keep you posted to include everyone. Hopefully the airframe is proven by now.

Regards,
Old 07-21-2009, 05:45 AM
JET FX

Hi Orlando, We have several FB MB-339's flying here in Australia, all are first generation and they are flying just fine with no sign of any structual concerns whatsoever to date.
If you have any questions please feel free to email or PM me.

Cheers- Marty
Old 07-21-2009, 06:23 AM
pilott28

I will confirm what Orlando has said here as Wagner and Doc both approached me at the time for my thoughts on changes needed for the FB MB339. Wagner indicated to me that FB had agreed (and was encouraging Doc) to try a third plane, but Doc wanted to make sure the issues that caused the loss of the first two jets were cleared up. I provided a list of items to Wagner, which he in turn was going to provide to FB. Wagner was squarely behind Doc on this, but needed the factory to make the changes and provide a new kit. This has gone on for a year or so, and I am honestly not sure if FB ever upgraded the design. I do not believe Doc's was the only kit that folded at the wing or lost a nose.

The problem was not with gen 1 kits, but gen 2 and 3. I was told various reasons why the gen 1 kits were different, but never did research it myself.

In any case, Orlando, good luck and I hope the factory comes through on this for Doc, as it was not in my opinion a "Wagner" issue but one that the factory should resolve.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:15 AM
marineA4

Jet FX,

I really would like to know what the differences are with your models you have flying. I'd like to start a research and keep track of what major changes where involved with will all the gen mb339.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to getting some insight. I'll pm you my email.

Regards,
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 AM
marineA4

Keith,

Thank you for your input to the subject.

I've received an email from FB and they have explained they would like to hear from Wagner first before they make a decision. Hopefully we can get this resolved soon.
It turns out that they have done upgrades to their airframe and cannot explain why the customer never received the newest version.

I certainly hope that once Wagner confirms to them that Doc is going on to his 3rd airframe because of a bad kit, they will not lag and stall in getting him a another upgraded kit.
I'm sure all this will come out to play to the Doc's favor and be compensated with another kit that will perform like it should.

Thanks to everyone who have posted on this thread.

Let me keep my fingers crossed.

Regards,
Old 07-21-2009, 09:42 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

GOOD LUCK TO YOU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hector
Old 07-21-2009, 09:46 AM
marineA4

Thanks Hector,

How you doing by the way.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:46 AM
lavi rider
My Feedback: (6)

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Marine....

We also have flown and are building our third MB-339 so in total there were 2 flying that were ours a third is flying that belongs to a friend of mine and the fourth is on the way... the first one had a problem in the center section of the fuse but was solved by me . the others are already been strengthened at the factory and we have no problems with them .....please keep in mind that there was no real structural analysis to determine the "soft spots on the airframe" ....We fly ours with caution i.e we don't dive with full military thrust. we only apply full power on straight 'n level and climbing...
Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Fine. How are you doing? I solved the front gear problem
with help from Malcolm Kay, who lend me the plate until
he orders one. Excellent guy.

How's your health at present. Will call you soon.

Hector
Old 07-21-2009, 01:36 PM
marineA4

Hi Hector,

Everything good on my end here. So far everything has checked out with my illness. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Glad Malcolm could hook you up and up and flying again. Give me a call sometime or i'll shoot you a call.

Regards,
Old 07-21-2009, 05:11 PM
marineA4

Hi Lavi Rider,

Thanks for the update! I've sent you my email. Please feel free to email me your inputs on the kits you have.

How many flights have you logged on the other two airframes. The airframe in the video only had a total of 3 flights which was as follows:

1st flight done by RC Jet Demo Pilots
2nd flight by Doc himself
and
3rd flight by another Texas pilot

It certainly was enough time for the structure to give up and break up as it did in the video. That particular airframe broke up at the nose section.

I've reviewed the video again and its just tough to tell but i've corrected what i've type on here.

After reviewing the video and taking it frame by frame it looks like the nose section folded and tucked underneithe the airframe just after the wing started folding. It must have folded/broke at the aft section of the bulkhead and therefore created a big exposed hole to let all that mass of relative wind and cause the major separation of the whole airframe.
But then again if the wing folded first then I can understand the nose section flying off also.

Its difficult to see if the wing folded first or the nose separated. It almost looks as if more than one component failed at the same time but its probable that one led to the other.

If the nose section broke forward of the bulkhead and the bulkhead have stayed intact, maybe the aircraft would have been able to fly home. Unless the battery packs where mounted way up from in the tip of the nose.

Sorry, but i might have seen something else. Its tough to tell.........

So maybe this area should be given a detailed inspection and maybe even strengthened a bit. How does the one on your kit look like?

Thanks,

Old 07-21-2009, 07:57 PM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Orlando, I have one of the second gen 339 from FB. Got the wing tube replacement from Wagner prior to his depart to Brazil to take care of his ill father. I'm out of PR at the moment, will return by next month. Then I can verify mine and tell you my findings regarding what mods to do for safer operation. Got some notes at home that Carlos gave me. See ya!

Alejandro
Old 07-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Gonzalo38

Jose:

Did you ever check this ? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_69..._1/key_/tm.htm Good info and some pictures of reinforcements.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:37 PM
deweyd
My Feedback: (2)

Orlando

I would be more than happy to try to help. I think I have a Gen 1 and maybe Gen 3. I have flown my gen 1 for 2 years with many flights. I can't really say what my plane has differently than others, but I have great success flying the planes. My first Mb 339 has been through a lot. I have landed it in a corn field and I have bounced the plane down the Runway like a kangaroo. Even after all the hard and damaging landings with my plane it still flies well. Last summer I did strip my plane and reinforce the fuselage with Carbon fiber, but I had at least 50 flight on that plane before I did that.

I think my new MB339 is the newest generation airplane. I have only 9 flights on the plane and it flies just as well as the first one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29679.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1241406   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77432.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	1241407  
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 PM
marineA4

Avicom and deweyd,

Thank you very much guys for your support. This certainly will be of great help for future referencing.
If Feibao comes thru and they hopefully take credit for a new airframe, i'll be looking forward to comparing.

If you guys have any shots of these mods please post on here. Anything will help!

I think i'll start putting together a reference chart of the different airplane generation and compare. Only thing is I wont be able to actually use it until an airplane comes thru from FB.

deweyd,
I'm speechless as to that good looking MB339's paint scheme. Thats awesome brother.

Again, thank you very much for your time in posting and sharing.

Regards,

Old 07-21-2009, 09:38 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah Dewey, that is badazz!
Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.