Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Velox ??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Velox ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 12:04 PM
RobinLeblond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velox ??

Hello guys, I know there is a lot of posts about the Velox, but it's hard to extract the information about how good is the airplane or not.

I know a lot about the "building" of this airplane (since there is some great posts about it).

BUT what's about the way it fly ? I had only one bad comment about it, so what's your opinion ??

Thanks,
Old 08-26-2009, 12:25 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Velox ??

The Velox?

It taxi's great. Take off is straight, easy and mellow. Rotates very smooth. In the air...rock solid as long as you do not get too slow. Will tail stall and do a "Cobra" on you if you don't pay attention. Aerobatics are a charm.

Landing?

It's like what they used to say about landing a DC-8 :The last 50'...everyone is a passenger". It likes to bounce on touchdown, do a Cobra on you and then slam down pretty hard.

Beave

Old 08-26-2009, 12:35 PM
RobinLeblond

What is a Cobra ??
Old 08-26-2009, 12:37 PM
SinCityJets

A cobra is a violent drop of the tail, and leaves the nose sticking straight up in the air.....like a cobra. It is violent, and if you don't have the altitude, I hope you enjoyed your last flight.

The landings are fine, as long as you come in HOT. DO NOT GET THIS PLANE TOO SLOW. It is fast, flies straight, but tucks hard in turns.

Chad
Old 08-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Frank Sopwith

And then when you come in hot (on a paved runway ) it'll start to bounce:
sold mine and bought an boomerang Elan instead: what a relief

Frank
Old 08-26-2009, 04:44 PM
igorcar

Hello guys,
It is easy to fly, I love mine, I fly’s like a champ, and you have to land a bit fast, but not impossible.
Maiden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5QN2FwTXM0
another: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgngJ...eature=related
It is a great plane.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:31 PM
JET FX

It flies and lands just fine.... I reckon some of you guys must of been eating a bowl of Mexican jumping beans or something while you were flying it????

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38nNFHdS5vk[/youtube]
Old 08-27-2009, 03:05 AM
CJ2002

Put flight number 153 on mine last weekend. It flies just fine - it will bite you in the ***** if it gets too slow but mine doesn't 'tuck' in the turns and it aerobats well. I did take 5/8" off the noseleg to lower the nose as it sits on the ground - this helps with the bounce problem some people have had on landing. I fly off a paved surface only and it handles well...any bounce I get is pilot-induced!

OTOH, I know of at least two guys here in the UK who destoyed their Velox due to (1) hauling it off the ground too early, and (2) getting it too slow on landing - both events resulted in a violent pitch-up, and gravity did the rest.

Bottom line is, get to understand your aeroplane, find out where its problem areas are, stay out of them or know how to handle them and you're fine (I regularly 'cobra' my Velox at altitude, just for fun...spectators like it!). If you're uncomfortable doing this, give the Velox a miss and go for something benign like a Boomerang.

Loz Hughes took some pics of mine last weekend:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_59...tm.htm#9039585

Post #53

Cheers,

Dick

England

Old 08-27-2009, 07:31 AM
RobinLeblond

Thanks to all, I think I got the idea... I ordered mine yesterday, I wish I will be able to fly it before the winter... I will let you know...

Again : thanks !
Old 09-10-2009, 10:07 PM
B Carter

ORIGINAL: JET FX

It flies and lands just fine.... I reckon some of you guys must of been eating a bowl of Mexican jumping beans or something while you were flying it????

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38nNFHdS5vk[/youtube]
I had forgotten all about this video. I guess my buddies are not paying attention or they would have give me some ribbing on this one. When I clicked on the video...I said "who is that meat head".... oh....that's me. That is pretty funny.

Still got the Velox. Seen Cobra (Check), Seen tail stall (Check), landed too fast ripped gear out (Check), landed with no gear (Check).....she is still flying. This was my first jet. I probably would not get it again as a first jet but now that I am more comfortable it is alot of fun.

By the way....some one referred to this as a demo flight....way too much credit.....it was just a lucky flight.

Thanks for the laugh!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Randy M.
My Feedback: (38)

That landing was BUTTER Brad. You need to show that to Angie just to prove you actually go flying
Old 09-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Chris Smith
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't see a Flash in the video because da Flash is so much faster