Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

My Fly Eagle Liberty arrived!!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

My Fly Eagle Liberty arrived!!!

Old 11-17-2009, 09:04 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default RE: My Fly Eagle Liberty arrived!!!

ORIGINAL: invertmast

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix
it's to bad this A10 will never actually be fly-able.

you wanna Eurosport vertical tail to do something crazy on it?

Of course, what do you want done hahha
As for the A10, it's not mine, so I won't worry about it flying or not haha.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:18 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts

ORIGINAL: invertmast

it's to bad this A10 will never actually be fly-able.

you wanna Eurosport vertical tail to do something crazy on it?

Of course, what do you want done hahha
As for the A10, it's not mine, so I won't worry about it flying or not haha.
lol. i hear ya on that... Honestly i have noooo idea... But here's a link showing the working surface...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...s/DSC00783.jpg
Old 11-17-2009, 11:55 PM
LGM Graphix

Well, send it on up :P I'll do something on it for ya! I'll take an F14 when they're ready in trade LOL
Old 11-18-2009, 06:02 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 223 Likes on 114 Posts

Well, send it on up :P I'll do something on it for ya! I'll take an F14 when they're ready in trade LOL
LOL.. sounds like a plan. While its still decent weather (and im home) i'll keep it so i can fly. but once the x-mas mail rush is over with, i'll send it up there.. plus i'm off on business all of jan. so that'll work out peeerrrfect
Old 11-18-2009, 10:32 AM
LGM Graphix

Sounds good to me!
Jeremy
Old 11-18-2009, 12:30 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Jeremy,

Nice work on the liberty. Now that's a paint job.

Gawd, what I'd give to have the patience to paint.

Raf
Old 11-18-2009, 01:00 PM
LGM Graphix

Hey Raf,
Definitely nothing fancy on this one, the checkers are just vinyl decals I cut and cleared over. Paint mask lines are all simple and straight. Not worrying about dust or anything in this one, just gonna fly it. Once I know how it flies for sure I may do some extra stuff on it, but for now, simple and quick (and visible)
Old 03-17-2010, 05:35 PM
upline
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a lot of interest in the Large Liberty Jet. How does yours fly and are you happy with it? Is there alot of these flying now? Is a 120 enough?
Thank you .
Old 01-14-2013, 11:20 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

digging up an old thread.... what ever happend to the liberty-L?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:40 PM
LGM Graphix

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

digging up an old thread.... what ever happend to the liberty-L?

The build of the liberty from fej's was a joke. It had structural issues everywhere, wasn't built as it was designed etc. After I spent weeks repairing the issues from the factory, and getting resistance on the changes, missing/incorrect parts, I finally gave up. Disappointing since I designed the airplane. I had repaired and redone everything on it and by then I hated it so I sold it. Don't know if it's flown or not at this point but this airplane and the issues I had with the factory are why I will never own or recommend a fej product again. I want to believe the product has gotten better but each time I see build threads they worry me. Not only that, the new thread about the new factory leaves me with a very good reason to not buy another fej product. It's only a matter of time....
Old 01-15-2013, 03:24 AM
EagleJC
My Feedback: (2)

LGLM, thanks for your words.

James

Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 AM
LGM Graphix

James,
If you are referring to the first posts, you need to read my last post. If you are referring to my last post, your sarcasm is duly noted. When I received my liberty I was overall happy as you know, outside of some obvious changes that fej made without discussion with either myself or stefan at the time. As we discussed, I was going to let you know of faults I found in the airplane during the build so that they could be changed. Remember, I had a vested interest in the airplane as it was my design in the first place, a design in which fej has used and outside of a discount on the one kit, which I asked for since it is my design, I have never received nor asked for any credit or otherwise. If you also remember, fej originally even took my drawings of the liberty paint schemes and put them on the website without my initial permission.
All that aside, we sorted that stuff out and I received my discounted liberty. If you will remember, the paint had issues with bubbling. You told me that was because you had to repaint the wings and it was to soon after they were first painted since you were trying to get the airplane to me quickly. I ignored that comment knowing full well that was not the problem, remember, keep in mind, I am a painter, I know what the causes of those types of issues are, especially when I can strip the paint off to investigate. Next, during the build, I had all the wrong size servo covers, the gear door cylinders had rusty rods and leaked, amongst other small problems. You originally told me to just sand the rods of the cylinders. To your credit you did send me new cylinders and servo hatches, unfortunately the servos hatches were still the wrong size and the new cylinders were a different size than the original ones.
Still none of that mattered at the time. It wasn't until I sent you my report detailing the structural issues, the biggest one being a critical design issue with the wing spar tubes, that I finally gave up.
I sent you my report and received no response back. I emailed again after a couple weeks and your response was that the factory was to busy wih scale projects and was not concerned with the issues I found.
I gave up on the jet. By the time I was done with it I really should have just finished it and flown it as it was finally all corrected and probably would have been fine, but I could no longer support a company who was not supporting their own customers/responsibilities.
It's a shame as it seems fej has improved in leaps and bounds these days which is why I stay out of the fej threads entirely. I won't go back but I also won't speak negatively about any product I have not used. In this case however, it is my thread and it was my jet, therefore, I will relay my experiences. I wish they could have been better.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Tried the Jedi mind trick!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:05 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your plane is in perfect conditon, and fly`s better than any other plane you have ever had.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:10 AM
EagleJC
My Feedback: (2)

OK, Thanks again LGM. Happy New Year 2013.

James

Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Chris kerby

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone flying the Liberty S

Chris
Old 01-15-2013, 03:00 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least LGM isn't biased. He seems to dislike all Chinese ARF manufacturers.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:44 PM
LGM Graphix

ORIGINAL: dubd

At least LGM isn't biased. He seems to dislike all Chinese ARF manufacturers.

dubd,
While it's true that I am done with buying chinese ARF's, I still have my own opinions of each one. I think that many of them have their place in the industry. Some are definitely better than others. As I mentioned above, I see that FEJ's is improving seemingly in leaps and bounds. I have stayed out of FEJ threads as of the last couple years because I have not had any of their new products. While I still have my opinions from pictures I've seen and other threads I've read, I've kept quiet. Keep in mind, that in the beginning, I was one of FEJ's biggest supporters. I went to bat for them many times, I had one of the first Rafales when FEJ first appeared on the market. Yes, I had some issues with that jet too, but I continued to support them. It was the Liberty that was the crushing blow to me. I'm not out on a FEJ smear campaign, I did my time with them, and I have formed (and as far as I can tell) am allowed to have my own opinion. I do not blast into the recent FEJ threads with my opinions, nor do I go into the "which jet should I choose" threads and say this or that is crap.
What I do continue to do, is talk highly of the manufactures that I have never had any real issues with. Oddly enough, the airplanes I have never had any issues with were ALL kits, not ARF's. My DL Aeromodels Cyclone, my Maverick, my first Kangaroo, my Exocets, my Super Bandit, Firebird, CAI Raptor, CAI Razor, and my Kingcat (which I admit, was an all white ARF, but even the Kingcat as an ARF requires a fair amount of work). They all treated me very good. The ARF's I've owned and flown always required more maintenance or "fixes" right from the beginning. Maybe I'm fussier about things than most, maybe I've had bad luck with ARF's, I don't know, what I do know, is of all of the jets I've had great success with, none were from Chinese manufactures. That's not to say I haven't got complaints about the quality vs cost of some of those kits, but at the end of the day, they all build well and work well.

As I say, I am not on a smear campaign against FEJ's, this was my thread originally, and you can even see in this thread that when I first received the Liberty I was positive about it, I didn't even mention the shortcomings as I had agreed to let the factory know first so that they could be corrected. It was when I was told that they were not going to look at the issues because they were too busy with other airplanes to be bothered that I lost any and all hope/respect I had for them at that time.

Like I say, it's my experiences that I base my opinoin on, and last I checked, I was allowed to have that opinion, and share it when somebody asks a question, particularly in a thread that I started.

I know that FEJ's has a good following now, and not unlike BVM, it's turned into a following where people that have had issues cannot make comments without being flamed anymore. I don't get that, just because more people are having good experiences, does not negate the fact that many in the past were left holding the bag.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:47 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

[snip...]

I know that FEJ's has a good following now, and not unlike BVM, it's turned into a following where people that have had issues cannot make comments without being flamed anymore. I don't get that, just because more people are having good experiences, does not negate the fact that many in the past were left holding the bag.
Say Amen to that brother...

Bob
Old 01-15-2013, 06:21 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphic
I hate fanboys and company cheerleaders too. You shouldn't feel like you can't make comments without being flamed, especially when it's the balance of the negative and positive feedback that helps people make informed decisions. It's unfortunate that there are some who can't put the pom poms down.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM
FenderBean

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

I dont mind name calling since i out grew that in the 4th grade but i really dont take well when you get flamed for trying to do something to help improve something that is only available with a few companies. I guess thats just my years in the military, like the saying goes if your not part of the solution your part of the problem. That being said i DO NOT condone paying thousands of dollars and getting a lemon. Any company that has past problems should feel lucky to have the business they get but thats just my opinion. I try not to get crazy over things since just about every rc thing i have bought has had something i didn't like about it. Its my fault really since this day in time you can very easily find pros and cons about anything you buy. If any one can mass produce anything better im interested in i would gladly give you my money.
Old 05-23-2022, 02:25 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
The build of the liberty from fej's was a joke. It had structural issues everywhere, wasn't built as it was designed etc. After I spent weeks repairing the issues from the factory, and getting resistance on the changes, missing/incorrect parts, I finally gave up. Disappointing since I designed the airplane. I had repaired and redone everything on it and by then I hated it so I sold it. Don't know if it's flown or not at this point but this airplane and the issues I had with the factory are why I will never own or recommend a fej product again. I want to believe the product has gotten better but each time I see build threads they worry me. Not only that, the new thread about the new factory leaves me with a very good reason to not buy another fej product. It's only a matter of time....
J.
i have stumbled into one of these liberty l kits, new and un started. white gelcoat.
if, after 9 years, you can still remember what all had to be done, could you shoot me a PM with a list of what all you can remember you had to do to make the structure acceptable to you for flying. planning on making an edf out of it, if it is worthy of the work involved.

mongo, the perpetual believer.

Old 05-23-2022, 07:32 PM
LGM Graphix

Originally Posted by mongo
J.
i have stumbled into one of these liberty l kits, new and un started. white gelcoat.
if, after 9 years, you can still remember what all had to be done, could you shoot me a PM with a list of what all you can remember you had to do to make the structure acceptable to you for flying. planning on making an edf out of it, if it is worthy of the work involved.

mongo, the perpetual believer.
Is yours the small one or large?
Either way I would bet the inlets are way too small for am EDF. If it's the small liberty I can't comment on the structure, I never had one, I was supposed to get one but never did. The large liberty needs the wing tube reinforced at the very least. They had holes for bolts drilled right at the roots completely compromising the structural integrity of those tubes. I don't remember what else needed doing. I know the cylinders all leaked and servo hatches were all the wrong size. The paint bubbled and lifted. They changed the whole tail design from what it was supposed to be. Never see much about them, sadly I think that's very telling. All I know about the small liberty is that it built very heavy.
Old 05-23-2022, 07:53 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

it is the large.

i will look at all that, when i get to see it.
if the gear are still bad, they can be replaced with JP or some other electrics.
G-10 or other carbon composite can replace the wrong sized covers.
still got to plan out a trip to the dallas-fort worth area to pick it up.
not really got a large amount in it, so, there is some room for expenditures that i would not be inclined to make at the original selling price.
like looking into anhedralling the tail. that flat tail, just does not look right.
do you remember about what yours was weighing after the repaint?

mongo
Old 05-23-2022, 08:03 PM
LGM Graphix

Originally Posted by mongo
it is the large.

i will look at all that, when i get to see it.
if the gear are still bad, they can be replaced with JP or some other electrics.
G-10 or other carbon composite can replace the wrong sized covers.
still got to plan out a trip to the dallas-fort worth area to pick it up.
not really got a large amount in it, so, there is some room for expenditures that i would not be inclined to make at the original selling price.
like looking into anhedralling the tail. that flat tail, just does not look right.
do you remember about what yours was weighing after the repaint?

mongo
I never finished it, sold it after I got frustrated with fej. No idea what it weighed. I filled the wing tubes with solid carbon rods to strengthen them up

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.