Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fei Bao F-15E

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fei Bao F-15E

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 11:50 AM
azatrox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fei Bao F-15E

Has anyone seen this pic before? If so, are there any others of this plane out there?
I prefer this "standard" paint scheme over the Tiger Meet and agreesor scheme's I've seen.
Would like to see more pics of it if anyone has any.
Thanks!

Old 09-27-2009, 09:59 AM
azatrox

Default RE: Fei Bao F-15E

Nuttin, eh?!?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:39 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Do you mean to ask if there are other f-15E's or if there are other Fei Bao f-15E's in that color scheme out.

I can tell you that you could find "one billion" different grey F-15E, C's here!

Raf
Old 09-27-2009, 09:09 PM
azatrox

ORIGINAL: ravill

Do you mean to ask if there are other f-15E's or if there are other Fei Bao f-15E's in that color scheme out.

I can tell you that you could find ''one billion'' different grey F-15E, C's here!

Raf

Either, as long as they are E models.
I was hoping for more of that particular plane, as it is the only F-15E I've seen in the proper Gunship Gray scheme.
Plenty of C models out there in Ghost Gray, hard to find an E model that isn't in agressor, Tiger Meet, or foreign schemes.
Out of the billion or so that are supposedly out there, this is the only Gunship Gray E model that looks like it's right out of an active squadron that I've seen.
Do you have pics of any others by chance? Would be very interested in seeing more.
Thanks!
Old 09-27-2009, 10:56 PM
JET FX

My one is also a tigermeet version sorry but it is at least for now primarily gunship grey FB F-15E
Iam working on my own semi scale colour scheme that will combine two different more colorful F-15E schemes into one that I like, mainly to try and improve inflight visability a little more. Gunship grey tends to turn closer to black at any real distance, more of a strain on the ol optic nerve than I like nowadays. Not too much progress yet on my eagle as I only received it recently, however I have started adding a little detail weathering to the, gear and cans thats about as far as I progressed so far...

Cheers- Marty
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22052.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1283894   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89567.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1283895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45878.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1283896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg98837.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1283897  
Old 09-27-2009, 11:27 PM
azatrox

Marty, thanks for posting! Your plane looks great, and the cans are very detailed. How are you enjoying it, does she fly well?
I can definetly appreciate the more colorful schemes for the added visibility in the air.
Yours is the only FB F-15 that I've seen that had the main nose gear door closed, as it should be when it's on the ground. Did you have to alter it to do that?
Thanks, Bill
Old 09-27-2009, 11:52 PM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

HI Bill

You can achieve the door closing sequence by programming sequencers to do that. Jet-tronic, Airpower offer these features.

Mike
Old 09-27-2009, 11:57 PM
azatrox

Thanks for the info Mike!
I believe the model in the pic I posted is the 1/9 scale, can you confirm that?
Old 09-28-2009, 12:47 AM
mikedenilin

Yes, it's 1/9.5.

Mike
Old 09-28-2009, 01:14 AM
JET FX

ORIGINAL: azatrox

Marty, thanks for posting! Your plane looks great, and the cans are very detailed. How are you enjoying it, does she fly well?
I can definetly appreciate the more colorful schemes for the added visibility in the air.
Yours is the only FB F-15 that I've seen that had the main nose gear door closed, as it should be when it's on the ground. Did you have to alter it to do that?
Thanks, Bill
Hi Bill, The doors on my F-15E will be rigged using two mechanical air valves for simplicity sake. A JFX mechanical servo operated air valve and a JMP door sequencer, just for the one nose and two main doors alone that cycle closed again when gear is down. A second air valve (Clippard button style) is used for activation of remaining doors that remain open when gear is down, this is activated by gear valve (also mechanical) servo arm. Sounds a little complex to explain but is very simple and takes me much less time to rig than figuring out how to programme some of these new electronic combo valves. The Airpower one I also have, I think its a EV5U? but I have not yet had the time to figure the programing as yet as the instructions are in some kind of crazy jiberish that gives me a headache whenever looking at them[sm=bananahead.gif]

She has not flown as yet, but its an F-15 afterall, Iam not expecting any surprises. Lewis Patton has been flying his one for a fair while now and from what I have seen of his it looks like a big ***** cat!!! It is BIG thats for sure and a two man job to lift when fully assembled. Iam still to settle on engine choice, either a Merlin 160 or possibly I will convert to twin and go with a couple of 20 lbr's She makes the FB SU-27 we have here look like a compact model
Old 09-28-2009, 12:59 PM
azatrox

Marty, thanks for all the info!
Would love to see more pics when you get the new paint on too. It's definitely a big bird, one of the things I like about it. How is the detailing on it? Are the panel lines there? I've yet to see on in person.
Is Lewis still flying his? He makes it look easy in the videos!
Cheers, Bill
Old 09-28-2009, 03:11 PM
mikedenilin

Hi Bill,

Yes, he is still flying, check out this plane at the Route 66 Jets forum. He just ordered some tires and brake parts. You can tell he's flying a lot. I saw this plane flying at Florida Jet. Quite impressive, my little 1/9.5 F-15 is like a mini-me, in comparison.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...tm.htm#9101500

Mike
Old 09-28-2009, 03:50 PM
azatrox

Thanks for the link Mike! It's a great looking plane, with very impressive size!
Bill
Old 09-28-2009, 06:41 PM
JET FX

Marty, thanks for all the info!
Would love to see more pics when you get the new paint on too. It's definitely a big bird, one of the things I like about it. How is the detailing on it? Are the panel lines there? I've yet to see on in person.
Is Lewis still flying his? He makes it look easy in the videos!
Cheers, Bill
Hi Bill, Yes all the surface detailing is there with lots of moulded in detail, rivets, panel lines, acces hatches and wing light lenes etc. The tail cones are super detailed as well and all the fuselage scale vents are open and functional as well. The undercarriage is a work art and has scale landing lights attached to the nose leg... I will try and post some more fine detail shots for you over the next fews days. Let me know if theres anything in particular you would like to see..... Yes Lewis makes it look easy hes a great flier, that being said the F-15 would likely be one of the better handling of the larger scale airframes to fly given its massive lifting area ie wings and fuz. Whenever Iam asked about the F-15's flying qualities I keep thinking of the story years ago of that Israili F-15 that lost a complete wing in flight and still made it home and landed safely... definetely one of the best flying modern jets to choose as a model subject I dont think anyone would ever disagree.

Cheers- Marty
Old 09-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Heer

Hi
look out for a Feibao F-15 E manual. Who has one for me ?
Thanks in advance.
Fritz/Switzerland
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19301.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	1284731  
Old 09-29-2009, 07:36 AM
JET FX

ORIGINAL: Heer

Hi
look out for a Feibao F-15 E manual. Who has one for me ?
Thanks in advance.
Fritz/Switzerland
Heer Iam currently working on a manual for the F-15E, in the mean time and in case you have not seen the Generals extensive build thread on the pre production version have a look at this for some great infromation on the FB F-15E-
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_82..._1/key_/tm.htm
Old 09-29-2009, 06:28 PM
azatrox

Marty, thanks once again for the added info!
I sent you an email last night regarding the pics.
Cheers, Bill
Old 09-29-2009, 09:44 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

The Bicentennial F-15 pictured on the Super Jets thread is a big FB F-15E powered by two Jet Central Rhinos.

That's another power plant choice for you.

Beave

Old 09-29-2009, 10:21 PM
azatrox

ORIGINAL: bevar

The Bicentennial F-15 pictured on the Super Jets thread is a big FB F-15E powered by two Jet Central Rhinos.

That's another power plant choice for you.

Beave

WOW....would there have to be any reinforcement to the airframe with that much power? That plane calls for 45lbs of thrust max, doesn't it?
What kind of speed would one expect from a set up like that?
Old 09-29-2009, 10:47 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

I do not know what they did to beef it up, but I do know that pretty much it's is flown powered back. Takeoff is pretty quick and then they pull it back.

Beave

WOW....would there have to be any reinforcement to the airframe with that much power? That plane calls for 45lbs of thrust max, doesn't it?
What kind of speed would one expect from a set up like that?
Old 09-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Heer

Thanks Marty for the link !
BRG
Fritz/Switzerland