Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FlyEagleJet F-15 disintegrated in the air - WARNING

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FlyEagleJet F-15 disintegrated in the air - WARNING

Old 11-08-2009, 08:18 AM
J.F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FlyEagleJet F-15 disintegrated in the air - WARNING

ORIGINAL: SPERX

Interesting maiden. I didn't see any final check of controls before the first take-off; the strip is extremely rough for jets IMHO; after take-off it was straight into an aero routine; no low speed handling check; a rip**** series of haul and yank manoevres including, at minute 3:34 +, a low fly by directly toward the line of parked cars.

I ask myself was this maiden safe?
Good points, but whether the maiden was a perfect 10 in terms of safety is not relevant to why the plane broke up in flight.

I fly my "all wood" boomerang from a strip shorter and rougher than that, and it still flies great, and if you look at what Ali can put a boomer through (even during the promo vid for the boomer's) then however much you 'stick' you give it, this plane should have lasted longer than just 2 flights.

If you look at the vid again, just before it breaks up you can see he is in steady level flight, as the rear fins are visible at the bottom of the screen as he flies past level. Doesn't look like he is yanking at all when it occurs.

J
Old 11-08-2009, 08:26 AM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: topgun24
Not one piece of hardwood in entire wing all balsa even around the main wing spar.

At first I thought "Nah, there's gotta be plywood in there", until I clicked the pic to go larger....Even the grain of the tube box runs the wrong way. Topgun IS right.

Sorry for the loss.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Jeti

Thanks again for your answers!
No controls before the first launch?
The runway at the first flight is not a smooth highway.
But I just say once, just a Jet would tolerate such a thing loose.
When is a jerk? Times have you seen a real jet, which sometimes fly with 12G pull up in the approach to the wing flew off.
Take a look at the photo. Of course I can not prove it.
The cameraman was a spectator. Filmed with a small camera has. Therefore, the poor quality.
He could not even follow the aircraft in straight flight. Since we do not need to wonder if he has not passed close the plane in the picture.

I give my word.
The flight had not taken full throttle or full. And now I have several messages from other parties to which the elevator and wings broken off FlyEagleJets.
Excuse my bad English.

I'm on the leg attachment, when I saw them more than surprised.

Thanks and greetings Uwe
Old 11-08-2009, 08:47 AM
EagleJC
My Feedback: (2)

Dear All friends:

Company has already known this case. This customer has sent email to company once and threatened company to give him a free F15C advanced version with full options and vector nozzle. He also asked one turbine for free. If company refuses, he will post information to public etc. This is a threatening case and we do not accept threat. In fact, this model has been flown many times. Who knows what happened before how he flew this model to cause this accident. We know not thing about it. We can not guarantee a model to fly forever or guarantee howhe fly a model. If this is his maiden flight, we will look into what happens and discuss more detail with this customer. But this customer threatened company to give him a complete model which is much better than he has and ask a free turbine too. How can we accept that? Anyway, company also has said to him to offer discount if he wants to get another model when replying his email back. But I think he refused too.

Note: I just announce some true here. I will not reply question here. If you have any question, you can send email to [email protected]

Regards,
James

Old 11-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Jeti

Dear James,
I'll publish all e-mails on Monday with your consent! OK?
Maybe my English is not so good.
Flyeaglejets often enough to have mailed and asked how we solve that problem in the world? Shows the good faith ...
My plane is Total broken. I have not written to you send me a plane ready to fly.
You have reported for days or you do not. Tell me there are already several pilot planes broken Wing. Have you ever substituted one?
The F15 flew three times! And for the tenth time.

Answer me my question: Is the wing mounting for you, well built?

And under your messages always: I do not answer any further questions, as well as in the German forum!
And then when questions via email. You do not play with open cards clear.

Again, you have not bothered you, wanted to give a small discount on a new Q15 with Jets Unlimited. this is a joke!
It can happen because no one can exclude. But I stand by my mistakes. The business demeanor of FlyEagleJet is a disaster.
Can you responsi words, the models are delivered with such a leg attachment and abbekommt worst case, the remains of a person?

Leg least a message in the kits. Even the non-visible parts of pre-flight check. Or supply a endoscopic camera in the set!

Greetings Uwe
Old 11-08-2009, 09:37 AM
furloughed ual
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see where this is heading and I am out of here.....whether or not u like or dislike a company (in this particular case, FEJ) is irrellevant really.....politics aside and the abuse the plane did OR did not take ( I never saw the video, dont care), the construction IN THE PHOTO SUPPLIED is not adequate for a turbine powered jet.....maybe a .40 ARF, but not a 30+ pound jet with being pushed by a turbine....
Old 11-08-2009, 10:00 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hate to see threads like this Uwe, sorry for your loss and thanks for the warning.

A idea for minimizing the chances of this happening again is to any jet manufacturer, regardless of country of origin or kit prices is to show in his website a complete set of pics of the airplane´s inner structure and description of main materials . This will permit the owner/flier estimate how hard he can fly the plane or how strong or weak the plane is compared to other manufacturers, and also let him get a feedback from builders, wich areas of the airplane structure can be optimized. Of course, a manufacturer making this can expose his techniques to the competition, but at the same time turns its products much more attractive for people buying them. Unfortunately so far, buying a jet is more or less like buying a used car: you can be lucky or not.

Enrique

Old 11-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Kh@n

Enrique, your so right...
Manufactures have a great responsibility in description of structure.

There are no national standards and marking on these products,
as there are on other kinds of imported goods.
These "toys" can kill.... It may not be your own fault (since you maybe bought
a quality product), but the guy standing next to you on the runway.

I am sorry for your loss Uwe and hope you get a good solution.
I cannot understand fellow rc-jet-pilots who counter attacks, using remarks like, I think you hit a fence,
or, you pushed it too hard, as I can hear on a poorly taken video!!!
It could be right, I dont know (but I dont think so), BUT my first suspect is not the consumer...sorry.

Lets begin to look the manufactures over the shoulders, to make this great hobby as safe as possible.

Regards Henrik
Old 11-08-2009, 11:43 AM
RC_MAN
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My problem is that we do not get paid to be test pilots. I don't understand why the designers don't reinforce the critical areas. It would be woth the extra $20 in fiberglass.

From now on I will not buy a plane unless I see the construction methods posted by the manufacturer or a rep. I have beem burned 3 times so far.

BVM is still tops in mu books. (I do not represent anyone!)
Peter D.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:21 PM
SPERX

""I cannot understand fellow rc-jet-pilots who counter attacks, using remarks like, I think you hit a fence,
or, you pushed it too hard, as I can hear on a poorly taken video!!!
It could be right, I dont know, BUT my first suspect is not the consumer...sorry. ""

Why? If you read my earlier post I identify a series of features of the maiden which, if you think about it, are suggestive of a less than meticulous approach to flying an RC jet on its maiden. No full & free check of the controls; launch straight into an aero routine on a maiden; no slow-speed handling check. An arguably dangerous low pass towards parked cars. All of that is visible on the video - not inferred. The inferences are a consequence of the visible behaviour.

Uwe's response to that post is to argue that full sized aircraft pull 12G without the wings falling off. I doubt that very much. It is pointless equating high speed yank and bank with a $2000 model airplane to a $12M full sized fighter.

I think the reality is that full-size jets, or rather their pilots, are limited to about 9G. But R/C jets are not full size; they are not made of titanium alloys and very high-tech composites. And who is to say what G-load was imposed on that airframe just before it broke up? It is an inference to be drawn from the demonstrated behaviours of the pilot.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Daleroger
My Feedback: (39)

Jeti,
Sorry for your loss. Your English is fine. Ask the one guy who seems to have a problem with it, how his German is. One look at the inner wing construction , confirms that it wasn't built responsibly for it's intended purpose. Iqnore the armchair critics, and professional film analyzers. that say you taxi'd to too rough, pulled it too hard, didn't maiden it correctly, supposidly threatened the manufacturer, flew it too fast, what esle ?? wore the wrong pants ? It is foolish conjecture. The people that defend this shoddy construction are just shooting themselves in the foot, for that matter, all of us. To encourage this to continue, is illresponsible, and dangerous. You didn't do anything wrong, except trust the Chinese mfg. to supply you a tested , proven design for your money. We are left on our own to decide if the wings will stay on, and if they don't, we get blamed for flying it wrong. I agree with the Yellow Aircraft guy, GIVE US A FRIGGEN BREAK !!!
I also agree with R/C man, and will not buy another Jet, unless I can see the internal design, without cutting it apart. To the one's that looked at that wing design, and think it's Jeti's fault, wake up and look at it again.
Read the other guys SAME experience that resulted in total loss. Did they all do something wrong ????
Sincerely,
Dale
Old 11-08-2009, 12:57 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

You get what you pay for. It does not get simpler than that.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bevar

Exactly. I think by now most jet modellers realise that many cheap Chinese jets require careful consideration prior to buying & scrutiny after purchase. Most require at least some modification. Personally, I have never had structural problems in them after modification. Maybe I have been lucky. There are thousands of them flying & relatively few disasters.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:43 PM
DominicM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Maybe appropriate for someone to post on the "FEJ Where We're Goin' Tomorrow" thread. Wouldn't it be nice to see an FEJ Rep like 'Mr DJ' leap in here and comment?

Sorry for your loss.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Jeti

while it can not understand everything 100%.

Thank you very much.

Get tomorrow if you want even set multiple photos and make a film. When the other surface breaks with more details what is installed.

Does annoy me, the vision of FlyEagleJets.
Would like to post the entire email traffic here.

Is that Legal?

greetings Uwe
Old 11-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Chris-G

ORIGINAL: bevar

Hi guys! First of all... bevar: If you buy a brand new "cheap car", should this fall apart after a few km? This case needs more than just a few sentens i think.... what about the safety?

I have now send FEJ a mail regard the wing strukture on the F-16 1/5.5 that I have planned to buy. I did ask them if they could send me some pictures of the inner strukture. I also mention this WERY! bad design regard the F-15 wing.

If FEJ do not reply to me in this matter I will not buy this airplane or any other FEJ, I assume it should be enough bad talking about the LG.

OT, I must say I`m suprised how some of you guys defend FEJ especially in the matter of LG problems. It is no fun to have a wreck of an airplane when you stand there with the uppgrade LG that you can`t use.... LG is easy for a handyman to fix, the airplane is worse to fix if it is allready painted i think.

I will reply here when i got a answer from FEJ.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:24 PM
DOMD
My Feedback: (17)

Sorry for your loss. I too have an Eagle F15 and had a mishap taking off. I lost the front nose cone, if you or anyone has one undamaged for sale let me know.

Dom
Old 11-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Chris-G

Sorry for your loss Jeti. I got an answer from FEJ now allready, the F-15 you have Jeti is 2 years old. FEJ do not build like this anymore they say.

Pic of the F-18 wing they are building now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25031.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1310112  
Old 11-08-2009, 03:42 PM
MathewFoxx
Banned

Uwe, you are correct to complain

pi$$ poor construction. Balsa grain is the wrong way, the box is clearly showing no knowledge of jet construction techniques.
Just another example of poor Chinese workmanship with inferior materials, bad design and having the customers do the testing.

I also wonder if their US rep "Mr DJ" has ever flown a FEJ jet? Just curious. Not bashing him, just wondering how someone with no jet knowledge can be a company rep. It tells you a lot about the company in question.

Matt
Old 11-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Mr DJ

DominicM
If you would scroll down forth from the top, page two, you will see that the US Head of FEJ already “leaped” in and made a statement. What do you think a mere Rep is going to do, out speak the head?
This business is between Gruß Uwe and FEJ. If Gruß chooses to air his dealings with FEJ in this arena, that’s his business.
If you have questions on the construction of FEJ models, please discuss them with FEJ, not Mr DJ, as I do not build the products.
Other:
Matt, my man, you gents are too much. This thread isn’t about me: Period!
Thanks.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:18 PM
foster4u
My Feedback: (112)

Matt don't be so fast to bash based on where the product came from...Poor quality is a global issue.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Daleroger
My Feedback: (39)

Oh, the kit is 2 years old. We should expect the wing to fall off. We should be flying the new " improved version " How many " old ones " did they sell ? How many customers did they contact to inform them of the problem. Did they offer a replacement for the old wings ? We are supposed to be impressed by that photo of two 3 ply ? strips of plywood with some glass cloth stuck in the corner ? I wouldn't fly that. If they made a "D" tube spar box, with balsa shear webs ( vertical grain ) and slid the carbon fiber spar thru there, ( 3 or 4 nice 5 ply receivers glued in) it would work. D tube is a square pc. of spruce along the top , a square pc. of spruce along the bottom, with balsa shear webs gluded on one face with the gain vertical. One of these is it for most 120 sized planes. For a jet, make a box, one D Spar each side, glue in 3 or 4 receivers across them for carbon tube to slide thru. The corners of the 3 receivers are notched so they fit inside corners of the spruce spars. It's nothing new, it's the way it's been done for 40 years. It's like these guys never saw a wing before .
Old 11-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Chris-G

ORIGINAL: Daleroger

Oh, the kit is 2 years old. We should expect the wing to fall off. We should be flying the new '' improved version '' How many '' old ones '' did they sell ? How many customers did they contact to inform them of the problem. Did they offer a replacement for the old wings ? We are supposed to be impressed by that photo of two 3 ply ? strips of plywood with some glass cloth stuck in the corner ? I wouldn't fly that. If they made a ''D'' tube spar box, with balsa shear webs ( vertical grain ) and slid the carbon fiber spar thru there, ( 3 or 4 nice 5 ply receivers glued in) it would work. D tube is a square pc. of spruce along the top , a square pc. of spruce along the bottom, with balsa shear webs gluded on one face with the gain vertical. One of these is it for most 120 sized planes. For a jet, make a box, one D Spar each side, glue in 3 or 4 receivers across them for carbon tube to slide thru. The corners of the 3 receivers are notched so they fit inside corners of the spruce spars. It's nothing new, it's the way it's been done for 40 years. It's like these guys never saw a wing before .
I agree. If i understand this case corect, Jeti is the number two owner of this airplane and it has been flown before, no ecsuse for a very poor construction in the wing do...... in this thread we have been told that he took the mayden.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:18 PM
SPERX

So, pre-owned model - who knows how it was treated by owner #1? I still maintain that owner #2 was rather cavalier with it.

Now, how are you boys who slated FEJ for not developing their product going to get around the fact that a 2 year old model, with questionable provenance, fell apart when the current product seems to be satisfactorily constructed?
Old 11-08-2009, 07:01 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mr DJ

DominicM
If you would scroll down forth from the top, page two, you will see that the US Head of FEJ already “leaped” in and made a statement. What do you think a mere Rep is going to do, out speak the head?
This business is between Gruß Uwe and FEJ. If Gruß chooses to air his dealings with FEJ in this arena, that’s his business.
If you have questions on the construction of FEJ models, please discuss them with FEJ, not Mr DJ, as I do not build the products.
Other:
Matt, [img][/img] my man, you gents are too much. This thread isn’t about me: Period!
Thanks.

Mr DJ,
I appreciate your enthusiasm for this hobby and for FEJ's, I have faith in FEJ, and I hate to see this happen. HOWEVER, I feel I must get this off my chest. I have been reading thread after thread of yours promoting these airplanes, and talking about how wonderful they are, and as far as I am aware, you still have not flown one. You are a REPRESENTATIVE OF THE COMPANY, not simply a modeler who enjoys collecting trailer queens. As a representative, I would EXPECT you to voice something in a thread such as this and try to work with the owner of a model and the company in coming to some sort of resolution. This thread is NOT about Mr DJ, but being a representative of FEJ's, if a thread is about FEJ's then you are involved.
While I personally do not blame FEJ's for not offering a replacement airplane (no manufacture would), I do feel that if you are going to promote their product you should be more involved in the threads where people are having problems and be able to HELP THEM. This means building and flying the products so that you are familiar with more than how they are packaged, shipped and look. I know that if you were a rep for my company, and a thread like this came up and your response was deal with the company not me, you would no longer be a rep for my company.
This is not a personal slam towards you, but your credibility as a rep is little to none when you only own the products and do not actually fly them. I don't even know what your background in RC is beyond jets, I'd really like to see you spend more time flying them and getting real world experience than just talking on RCU.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.