Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ F-14 Wing Sweep Upgrade (Personal)

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ F-14 Wing Sweep Upgrade (Personal)

Old 11-08-2009, 11:29 PM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEJ F-14 Wing Sweep Upgrade (Personal)

DJ, you are one crazy MF!!!! Love the video and glad the part worked so wel for you. I put one in the Tornado and the 14 and will be at CA Jets on the 20th with it.
The factory one works many times....the problem is that when on the slide, you have to put it to the "nuetral" position to make it operate again! Ours are on the slide and you can slide it up or down or stop it in any position. Try changing it on yours. IT should make the swing transistion a little easier to get used to a little at a time.
Enjoy my brutha!!!
Lowell
Old 11-08-2009, 11:38 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

ORIGINAL: Greg G

LGM,
The videos do not run smoothly for me either when the 'HD is on' button is showing when you hover in the upper right corner of the screen. If you click on it, it will toggle to ''HD is off'' and the videos run fine for me in this setting.

Hey Greg,
Thanks for the tip, works fine now!

Mr DJ, makes sense what you've done, you're a crazy man, now quit talking about these airplanes and get them all in the air, fly the hell out of them and let us all see how they perform!
LGM, man, you like me here and beat me up in the other thread. I love you, Man [img][/img] No BS, no matter what, you're kool with me.
Mr DJ, make no mistake, I was not trying to beat you up in the other thread my friend, what I would like to see is somebody with your enthusiasm flying what you represent. All the pretty airplanes in the world mean nothing if they don't fly well I have absolutely zero issues with you personally, but I see you as a modeler with great enthusiasm for jet models more than a rep for a company, that's not meant as a slam at all, I get a kick out of all your posts, but I'd like to see that enthusiasm extend to actually flying the models
LGM, we're kool, Baby, we're kool and I hear you - I'm a little slow on the building side being an old man and all [img][/img]
Ya know.. i'd be willing to help ya out with that (the building that is.. can't do much for the old part)..
Old 11-09-2009, 03:42 AM
socshooter
My Feedback: (45)

DJ,

Great post. looking forward to seeying it fly. Question can the same or modify version of your swing wing be adapted for the YA-14? If so please let me know where i can buy one.
email:[email protected]

Thanks
J
Old 11-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: invertmast

LGM,
The videos do not run smoothly for me either when the 'HD is on' button is showing when you hover in the upper right corner of the screen. If you click on it, it will toggle to ''HD is off'' and the videos run fine for me in this setting.

Hey Greg,

Mr DJ, makes sense what you've done, you're a crazy man, now quit talking about these airplanes and get them all in the air, fly the hell out of them and let us all see how they perform!
LGM, man, you like me here and beat me up in the other thread. I love you, Man [img][/img]No BS, no matter what, you're kool with me.
Mr DJ, make no mistake, I was not trying to beat you up in the other thread my friend, what I would like to see is somebody with your enthusiasm flying what you represent. All the pretty airplanes in the world mean nothing if they don't fly well I have absolutely zero issues with you personally, but I see you as a modeler with great enthusiasm for jet models more than a rep for a company, that's not meant as a slam at all, I get a kick out of all your posts, but I'd like to see that enthusiasm extend to actually flying the models
LGM, we're kool, Baby, we're kool and I hear you - I'm a little slow on the building side being an old man and all [img][/img]
Ya know.. i'd be willing to help ya out with that (the building that is.. can't do much for the old part)..
Thomas, my Man, nothing you can do about the old farttiness of me but I'd just might take you up on the build, you may not live too far from me, but man, you're building your own scratch built F-14, you ain't got time to mess around with mine; or do you just wish to get your hands on a FEJ machine, yeah, that's it
Old 11-09-2009, 07:20 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: jet time

DJ, you are one crazy MF!!!! Love the video and glad the part worked so wel for you. I put one in the Tornado and the 14 and will be at CA Jets on the 20th with it.
The factory one works many times....the problem is that when on the slide, you have to put it to the "nuetral" position to make it operate again! Ours are on the slide and you can slide it up or down or stop it in any position. Try changing it on yours. IT should make the swing transistion a little easier to get used to a little at a time.
Enjoy my brutha!!!
Lowell
Lowell, my Brutha...Kool Beans on that info and yeah, I'm one crazy MF!!!! I thought about the slider, but I get up and get excited or other and hit the slider and not know it or slide it the wrong way or whatever during the move I'm making and the next thing I know all I see is a cloud of smoke; smoke not from the smoke system I'm a little bit older and slower than you, simple things is what I'm about: on and off

Lookin' forward to your fun times at CA Jets.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: socshooter

DJ,

Great post. looking forward to seeying it fly. Question can the same or modify version of your swing wing be adapted for the YA-14? If so please let me know where i can buy one.
email:[email protected]

Thanks
J
J, what's goin' down... I don't know how Yello swings its wings, so I can't say. I'll PM you.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:34 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: invertmast

LGM,

Hey Greg,

LGM, man, you like me here and beat me up in the other thread. I love you, Man [img][/img] No BS, no matter what, you're kool with me.
Thomas, my Man, nothing you can do about the old farttiness of me [img][/img] but I'd just might take you up on the build, you may not live too far from me, but man, you're building your own scratch built F-14, you ain't got time to mess around with mine; or do you just wish to get your hands on a FEJ machine, yeah, that's it [img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

haha.. yea your only about a 2 1/2 3- hour drive from me. Actually i could use some extra income this winter to buy more fiberglass and resin (still need another 100 yards @ $3/yd and 10 gallons of resin $80-100/gal)
Old 11-09-2009, 11:52 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you going to get this bird up this season? Looking forward to the vids.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:11 PM
lear31A
My Feedback: (123)

Love it! Stinking hilarious! Every club needs a Mr.Dj! Man, thats some funny stuff right there
Old 11-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: lear31A

Love it! Stinking hilarious! Every club needs a Mr.Dj! Man, thats some funny stuff right there
Lear, Mannnn, you got ME rollin'
Old 11-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

Are you going to get this bird up this season? Looking forward to the vids.
Andy, my Man, yes Sir...
Old 11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
gruntled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't want to miss that maiden flight. Count me in.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: Socomon

I don't want to miss that maiden flight. Count me in.
Socomon, my Brother, since we fly at the same field, you better have your booty there I may be there this Saturday flying one; I'll let you know on the other Board we have.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:41 PM
gruntled

OK - I hope to get down there myself over the weekend.

I was there yesterday. I brought my nearly-completed Boomerang with me and a couple of the guys were giving it a check-over for me.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Mr DJ

Hey ya'll

This is a personal info thread to let you know what you saw in the video - I think I'm gonna shuta down. I'm no longer a FEJ Rep by choice and don't want to confuse you if you have questions about the bird that I will notrespond to. Don't want to turn you away from FEJ's product. So if I leave it up, know that it's for entertainment purposeses only.

Thanks.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:43 PM
ps2727

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

DJ,
Great video, it's all about having some fun....
Keep us posted on the flying part.

Paul [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 AM
jet time

RC Jet's Direct is a dealer for FEJ's. Hopefully we can answer your questions right away. If not, we will get them!!
Thanks DJ...your a great assett to the hobby and FEJ's!
Lowell
Old 11-10-2009, 06:36 AM
lill will

HA dj count me in champ you are one crazy dude answer your phone
Old 11-10-2009, 09:54 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

DJ, are you planning on modifying the actuator arms to extend them to the gear box like Oliver suggests?
Old 11-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Mr DJ

Sorry Guys, I shut the video down. I'm done with RCU. I'm one tough MF, you can believe that, buteven the strongest of men can take but so much abuse.

To the one or two friends that I made while I was here, thanks for the company, and I'll see you out there.
Peace.

Mr DJ
Old 11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
foster4u
My Feedback: (112)

Stand and fight or crawl away. I prefer to stand!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:09 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Mr DJ,
Don't quit on RCU man, just enjoy the hobby my friend, fly what you own and enjoy it. Being a Rep is like being a moderator on RCU, for the most part you get ***** and abuse, so when it gets to be more than is worth dealing with, step back, and just enjoy the hobby.
Jeremy
Old 11-10-2009, 07:00 PM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Hey DJ, no kool beams for me. I didn't got he chance to see the update vid.[sm=cry_smile.gif] To hell with that.[sm=bananahead.gif] If you decide to stand back FEJ is OK, but don't let the community here stop you from enjoying the crap here in RCU. Not always is bad, some times is just tooooooooo funny. And best of all, most of the time is constructive. Like others said just enjoy the hobby.[sm=wink_smile.gif]

Alex
Old 11-10-2009, 09:48 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Sorry Guys, I shut the video down. I'm done with RCU. I'm one tough MF, you can believe that, but even the strongest of men can take but so much abuse (check out the thread about FEJ F-15 WARNING; they beat my a** big time).

To the one or two friends that I made while I was here, thanks for the company, and I'll see you out there.
Peace.

Mr DJ

No way man!!!! You cant quit....Gotta have THICK skin at times around here. Get your butt to California Jets 2010!!! I want to buy you a beer or two..
Old 11-10-2009, 10:51 PM
jet time

DJ, I promise you Dougy WILL buy you that beer....and so will a dozen others out here! Fly on out, there are plenty of planes out here!!
Lowell