Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM Bandit cloning in Brazil

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM Bandit cloning in Brazil

Old 11-15-2009, 01:09 PM
anonfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BVM Bandit cloning in Brazil

Hello,

I´minforming that a brazilianguy called Gustavo Alonso is cloning some great airplanes, also the BVMBandit.
I your site this model is called Viper.

http://www.gugumodels.com.br/
http://www.gugumodels.com.br/fla/viper/viper.html

The Bandir or Viper is some e-commerce sites too sell.
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/M...arbadaoooo-_JM
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/M...do-barbada-_JM

The factory is located in Brazil, city Porto Alegre, state Rio Grande do Sul.

Is correct cloning patented airplanes?

Regards
Old 11-15-2009, 01:48 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: BVM Bandit cloning in Brazil

[X(] HOLY .....!! Are you serious? The Chinese at least try to hide the fact it is a clone. The picture of the guy's head/face "erased" is classic! [:-]

I doubt anything good is going to come out of this thread, but I'll be watching.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:56 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

Funny how he's showing pictures of the Ultra Bandit as the finished model but he a taken his moulds of a Super Bandit.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:03 PM
AMA234
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it very interesting that the original poster joined TODAY and also posted this information on his 1st post and didn't even sign his name to his post. I am betting that he is the one cloning the models and posted the links to attract people to his site in hopes of sales.

If we were allowed to I would call him an idiot; but since we aren't allowed to I will refrain from doing so.

Les
Old 11-15-2009, 02:09 PM
seflyer
My Feedback: (12)

3200.00 real is 1800.00 usd, quite a savings, lol

Kevin
Old 11-15-2009, 02:30 PM
jason

So the price difference is $1095 less than the BVM S.B. Not a massive saving considering.. Anyway has no one told this guy that nobody builds Super Bandits anymore and the world buys the Barf? I think he may get a little disapointed with the kit sales..

Jason
Old 11-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Gonzalo38

ORIGINAL: jason

So the price difference is $1095 less than the BVM S.B. Not a massive saving considering.. Anyway has no one told this guy that nobody builds Super Bandits anymore and the world buys the Barf? I think he may get a little disapointed with the kit sales..

Jason
Jason:

Actually, for Brazilian guys that price is a huge saving. You have to understand that in Brazil, import duties could very high. Is not uncommon to see people pay 100% of the value on import duties, sales taxes and customs agent fees. Things like alcohol and cigarettes can pay import duties and taxes over 350% of the value. The other thing is the bureaucracy that you have to deal with for importing things.....

That's why in Brazil you have a very powerful local industry.

There a lot of people flying rc airplanes in Brazil and a good number of them are flying turbines That's why maybe for them is a good idea to manufacture locally. That doesn't mean that they should be copying designs....

Argentina is a similar case and they also manufacture their own models.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:56 PM
anonfly

ORIGINAL: AMA234

I find it very interesting that the original poster joined TODAY and also posted this information on his 1st post and didn't even sign his name to his post. I am betting that he is the one cloning the models and posted the links to attract people to his site in hopes of sales.

If we were allowed to I would call him an idiot; but since we aren't allowed to I will refrain from doing so.

Les

AMA234,
I'm brazilian too and flying jets for many years!
I'm RCUmember but i decide to create a new profile to make this information arrive in BVM factory and friends. I think thatpatented products copyis not correct. Copies asSkymaster, ZN line, Carden and BVM now!

Please i prefer keep my anonimous.

Tks
Old 11-15-2009, 11:30 PM
vetagator
My Feedback: (5)

Les, I wouldn't call him an idiot. At least he chose to clone the "creme" of jets. An idiot would clone a kangaroo or CJ Talon. I am not saying it's right, but if I were able to clone a jet today, it would certainly, indefinitely, be an Ultra Bandit. Hands down. Alex.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:59 PM
RBardin
My Feedback: (27)

Well, I guess I must be nobody, 'cause I'm building a Super Bandit! Composite Super, with both straight and swept fins and wing tanks. I'm thinking about putting a Titan in it. The BARF's are cool and all, but I think the Super is still the superior airplane performance-wise.

I personally wouldn't care to own any of GuGu's "wares". And if he keeps ripping other people's stuff off, it'll catch up to him, one way or another.

Edit: changed NuNu to GuGu - Sorry, NuNu!
Old 11-16-2009, 01:27 AM
AMA234

ORIGINAL: vetagator

Les, I wouldn't call him an idiot. At least he chose to clone the ''creme'' of jets. An idiot would clone a kangaroo or CJ Talon. I am not saying it's right, but if I were able to clone a jet today, it would certainly, indefinitely, be an Ultra Bandit. Hands down. Alex.

Well, I stand corrected! LOL You have a good point there. I'd just like to know why no one is cloning the Facet or the DV8R??? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Les
Old 11-16-2009, 01:42 AM
AMA234

ORIGINAL: anonfly

Les

AMA234,
I'm RCU member but i decide to create a new profile to make this information arrive in BVM factory and friends. I think that patented products copy is not correct. Copies as Skymaster, ZN line, Carden and BVM now!

Tks

Why? If you're worried about being known as a narc, why not just email Bob Violett privately and let him handle this battle instead of posting links to a site where possible sales could hurt his business? I still appears that there is an ulterior motive behind your post. For instance, someone buys one of these cloned planes and then it fails due to poor construction. People are going to assume that it is an authentic BV product and blame and degrade his products when something fails due to the poor cloned construction. That's how it could hurt his business. After all, who is going to openly admit that they bought an illegally-cloned model. Buying something known to be stolen is just as bad as stealing it yourself and in the states is still considered theft.

p.s. I'm not afraid to sign my name.

Les Curtis
Old 11-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Rafael Alonso

My name is Rafael Alonso, son of  Viper’s manufacturer.

The person who posted this comment doesn’t know what he’s talking.

The model Viper is not a clone as said. It had its characteristics changed based on Bandit, but with enhanced  Wingspan. Its profile is different, it is a taller model featuring more internal space – differences you will notice simply by comparing it to a Bandit, differences are huge. Some are thinking it is the same just because of the painting BVM… is it a crime to copy paintings? We have recently made a registration so as to clarify any doubts… who are we to copy a model from the master Bob Violet? We have just made a model inspired on it.  We did not post that, it was from someone who doesn’t have anything to do and wants to show up in the international community. And to the ones who thought the construction is not good, the airplane is fully made with real manufacturing material. We have always been very successful in our constructions being that admired by Chip Ride that flew our models in <country-region><place>Brazil</place></country-region>, Quique Somenzini, David Patrick and Marcelo Colombo thus constructions are real good. Our marketshare is focused in <country-region>Brazil</country-region>, we do not have any interest in importing models, so this post was not created by us, it was created by a person from <city><place>São Paulo</place></city>, we know by whom.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Rafael Alonso.

E AO AMIGO BASILEIRO POR QUE NÃO SE APRESENTA? 

Old 11-16-2009, 09:59 AM
anonfly

ORIGINAL: Rafael Alonso

My name is Rafael Alonso, son of Viper’s manufacturer.

The person who posted this comment doesn’t know what he’s talking.

The model Viper is not a clone as said. It had its characteristics changed based on Bandit, but with enhanced Wingspan. Its profile is different, it is a taller model featuring more internal space – differences you will notice simply by comparing it to a Bandit, differences are huge. Some are thinking it is the same just because of the painting BVM… is it a crime to copy paintings? We have recently made a registration so as to clarify any doubts… who are we to copy a model from the master Bob Violet? We have just made a model inspired on it. We did not post that, it was from someone who doesn’t have anything to do and wants to show up in the international community. And to the ones who thought the construction is not good, the airplane is fully made with real manufacturing material. We have always been very successful in our constructions being that admired by Chip Ride that flew our models in <country-region></country-region><place></place>Brazil, Quique Somenzini, David Patrick and Marcelo Colombo thus constructions are real good. Our marketshare is focused in <country-region></country-region>Brazil, we do not have any interest in importing models, so this post was not created by us, it was created by a person from <city></city><place></place>São Paulo, we know by whom.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Rafael Alonso.

If you are not copying the Bandit whyyou blockedthe secondlink with the photos of the Bandit molds????
All timeyou copied reputation models for sellmore cheap. Where yousee the value in your models?
To be creative is intelligent!!

Regards

E AO AMIGO BASILEIRO POR QUE NÃO SE APRESENTA?

Old 11-16-2009, 10:09 AM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Clone? What Clone..... You saw nothing.....

Old 11-16-2009, 10:14 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Actually you are copying the bandit. In the 1st auction link, someone asks if this is a BVM product and you respond "No, it is an identical copy of a BVM Bandit."
Old 11-16-2009, 10:27 AM
erbroens

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: anonfly

Les

AMA234,
I'm RCU member but i decide to create a new profile to make this information arrive in BVM factory and friends. I think that patented products copy is not correct. Copies as Skymaster, ZN line, Carden and BVM now!

Tks

What a despicable and coward action you have just done, throwing feces on other country´s forum under a anonimous name.

Gustavo Alonso is a small r/c builder wich would love to sell original BVM airplanes as a rep, but our country´s economic and legislative status simply make this impossible for a living.

You can bet he will never sell one of them in Texas or Europe.. neither many in our own country, as most turbine guys here already prefer to buy the originals from BVM.

I can only think that you are in a personal vendetta with Gustavo and not very worried about what is right or not.

Sorry to see a presumably jet modeler acting like this..

Enrique

Old 11-16-2009, 10:28 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13602.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1315208  
Old 11-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Rafael Alonso

anonfly

If you are not copying the Bandit why you blocked the second link with the photos of the Bandit molds????
All time you copied reputation models for sell more cheap. Where you see the value in your models?

Regards.

<dir>

Look, today it's so simple, just send an e-mail to BVM... wanna see you prove it is a copy. Why don't you show up? R U afraid?

Just wanna cause polemic.

</dir>
Old 11-16-2009, 11:38 AM
anonfly

anonfly

If you are not copying the Bandit whyyou blockedthe secondlink with the photos of the Bandit molds????
All timeyou copied reputation models for sellmore cheap. Where yousee the value in your models?

Regards.

<dir>

Look, today it's so simple, just send an e-mail to BVM... wanna see you prove it is a copy. Why don't you show up? R U afraid?

Just wanna cause polemic.

</dir>

Alonso,
You arefear? Put the link "on air" again!!! If is not clone what to fear?

The link is not active!!
http://www.gugumodels.com.br/fla/viper/viper.html

Enrique, you have onlybad equipments. you are a serious candidate to buy clones. already has some.

I send pictures of this clones later.....

****ing cloner's!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Rafael Alonso

The link is out to put more pictures to take the questions put in the air more smoothly.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:55 AM
erbroens

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Enrique, you have only bad equipments. you are a serious candidate to buy clones. already has some.

I send pictures of this clones later.....

If you mean that I fly planes that are self designed, 10 years old or not BVM made, you are right.

It´s pitiful how can a person make such a statement under anonimity... I feel very sorry for you.

Enrique
Old 11-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Rafael Alonso

is an idiot is not even that model airplane builder
Old 11-16-2009, 12:34 PM
anonfly

is an idiot is not even that model airplane builder

"The link is out to put more pictures to take the questions put in the air more smoothly." hahahahaha.... Clone? What Clone..... You saw nothing..... [img]{akamaiimageforum}/image/s13.gif[/img]

Okay... i wait the link again!

Bye cloner's team!!

Old 11-16-2009, 03:39 PM
E.N.T.

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Boy: This thread is beginning to foul smell. I saw the photo and
is a complete copy of the BVM one.

ENT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.