Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Mt. Pleasant TX Jet Rally

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Mt. Pleasant TX Jet Rally

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:13 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mt. Pleasant TX Jet Rally

June 11-13 are the dates but you can come earlier if you want

Hotel info. Most are staying at the Comfort Inn, Mt. Pleasant.
Call Dawn at Midway Travel for reservations. 972-264-4288 800-527-1630

Contact Gus Hudson (CD) [email protected]

www.mtpleasantrc.com

I'll be arriving Thursday morning.

If it smells like a jet or if it kinda looks like a jet, it's welcome here regardless of how it's powered or the material it's made of. Sharks are even welcome.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:11 PM
jetflyr

Default RE: Mt. Pleasant TX Jet Rally

ORIGINAL: bcovish

Sharks are even welcome.
Braggard!
Greg
Old 05-20-2010, 04:31 PM
bcovish

HUH[sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]
Old 05-20-2010, 05:41 PM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill be there thursday morning also....

David
Old 05-20-2010, 08:17 PM
CPing
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thursday morning for me and looking forward to another great event.
Should get there at 11:18 am...give or take.
I always thought that "x" marked the spot but this one has a big green sign with a "B".

Craig
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2010, 08:40 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be there also thursday a.m. at 10:53 + or - 2 .... Craig, the green dot can be found between Neptune and Ur-Anus !!!! See Ya'll there !!!!!

Danno

P.S. I'm bringing a 25lb bag of croutons for anyone needing to leave a trail to the field from the hotel so they can find there way back !![sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 05-20-2010, 09:03 PM
bcovish

]
ORIGINAL: rcjetsaok

I'm bringing a 25lb bag of croutons for anyone needing to leave a trail to the field from the hotel so they can find there way back !![sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Now Dan you know the birds are gonna eat the croutons. Any other bright ideas??[sm=idea.gif]
Old 05-20-2010, 09:39 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

I will be there also thursday a.m. at 10:53 + or - 2 .... Craig, the green dot can be found between Neptune and Ur-Anus !!!! See Ya'll there !!!!!

Danno

P.S. I'm bringing a 25lb bag of croutons for anyone needing to leave a trail to the field from the hotel so they can find there way back !![sm=tongue_smile.gif]
I'll be glad to guide anyone to the motel tours can be RSVP'd at the Big Dog, it should arrive Thursday morning.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:12 PM
rcjetsaok

ORIGINAL: DavidR

Danno

I'll be glad to guide anyone to the motel tours can be RSVP'd at the Big Dog, it should arrive Thursday morning.

Well, ya'll are right... We'll see..... Place Your Bets !!!!!![X(]

Danno
Old 05-21-2010, 12:54 AM
F9FFlyer
My Feedback: (2)

I`ll be there Thurs also around mid afternoon . Ken
Old 05-21-2010, 04:29 PM
gushudson

I can't wait to see you guys and gals. I have a couople of surprises in store, one of which I hope is cooler weather than last year. As soon as I can confirm one of them I will let you know more.

Gus
Old 05-21-2010, 04:30 PM
gushudson

Danno,

Don't get excited, it's not dancing girls.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:43 PM
bcovish

I have some really bad news to report concerning the Mt. Pleasant event. It really saddens me to say this, but the Shark will not be able to make the trip. I had it on the operating table today and had to remove some of it's guts. I needed some of it's innards for another project. I hope this doesn't hurt the attendance of the event. So leave all potato guns and ammo home.

This has really been a sad day for me but with a little time and some "Jack and coke, I'll be OK.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:58 PM
rcjetsaok

I have some really bad news to report concerning the Mt. Pleasant event. It really saddens me to say this, but the Shark will not be able to make the trip. I had it on the operating table today and had to remove some of it's guts. I needed some of it's innards for another project. I hope this doesn't hurt the attendance of the event. So leave all potato guns and ammo home.

This has really been a sad day for me but with a little time and some ''Jack and coke, I'll be OK.
Thats a bunch of B-S !!!!! I heard you were on the Green Peace and Save the Oceans Ten Most Wanted List !!!!! Your trying to get rid of the evidence !!!!! I thought that was Shark I smelled cooking on your Grill the other nite !!!! It did have kinda a wang to it... Too much seasoning I guess !!!! Shark services will be held Saturday AM at 10:00, Gus will be presiding and Vernon will deliver the Eulogy !!! There will be a 21 Potato Gun Salute and a Fly-Over !!!!! Dress is casual....

Danno[sm=tongue_smile.gif]

Old 05-21-2010, 06:06 PM
DavidR

This has really been a sad day for me but with a little time and some ''Jack and coke, I'll be OK.
No no no I'm throwing up the BS flag on that one I got one shot at it at MS I believe the closest it has come to a stuffed potato death you HAVE to bring it to Mt Pleasent. I will have a couple gallons of Gordon Dickens famous Mai Tai's mixed up if you enjoyed the Bob Price Margarita night you'll really enjoy the Mai Tai night!

Old 05-22-2010, 04:13 PM
bcovish

Now for the good news. It seems though Hobby Express in Cedar Park (Austin suburb) has heard about the Shark and has stepped up to the plate. Next week the Shark will be going under the knife again. This time for a transplant, a new heart and brain will be installed compliments of Hobby Express. Thanks Wayne. What a guy. If any of you are ever in the Austin area, stop by the shop and thank him and of course buy some products.

So everyone head out to the potato patch, stop by the store and buy some hair spray and let's see if we can shoot this sucker out of the air.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:46 PM
rcjetsaok

I'll bring a sack of taters and some propellent too... What brand do I get ????... Have ya'll tried Afro-Sheen ????[X(] !!

Old 05-25-2010, 08:24 PM
DavidR

I'll bring a sack of taters and some propellent too... What brand do I get ????... Have ya'll tried Afro-Sheen ????[X(] !!

We have found the cheaper the hair spray the better it works. Of course being from Mississippi cheaper is all we ever look for anyway. Several years ago at Austin we experimented with many different propellants and projectiles.... Come to think of it I think you were one of our test targets....I think I'll pick up a bag of cheezy poofs....
Old 05-25-2010, 09:23 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

We have found the cheaper the hair spray the better it works. Of course being from Mississippi cheaper is all we ever look for anyway. Several years ago at Austin we experimented with many different propellants and projectiles.... Come to think of it I think you were one of our test targets....I think I'll pick up a bag of cheezy poofs....
I heard RightGuard works pretty well. And smells good to!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:14 AM
bcovish

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

I heard RightGuard works pretty well. And smells good to!
If David is as good as he thinks he is, we will only need one tater[>:] I hope Riley will be paying attention, because if it gets shot down, I'm not gonna go get it.

Andy, will gonna make it?
Old 05-26-2010, 06:19 PM
gushudson

OK guys the runway has just been sealed and striped and man does it look good. We are also going to, if there is enough interest, raffle a Sky Master Dragon. It's brand new in the box and is the pro built version. It also has the upgraded struts and wheels. Also, we have a club member who owns a L-19 Birddog, a Steerman, a 1929 Travel Air and a Cub and who, for a small fee, will take people for a ride. All of these are really nice planes. Anyway we are all looking forward to the jet rally and can't wait for it to get here.

Gus

PS Please excuse my spelling or should I say my attempt to spell.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:50 PM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Gus.

Mow a path to the lake I am going to bring my jetski again I think... Then i can just walk from the field..

David
Old 05-26-2010, 07:03 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like it!
Old 05-27-2010, 12:13 AM
bcovish

The shark has a bad case of indigestion after chasing the Ultra Bandit at the Austin Jet Rally. Couldn't catch it in the air but waited in the pits for the bandit to land then attack it. I gave it a bottle of Pepto Bistol and a roll of Tums. Still not feeling well. Had to brush it's teeth later. Maybe it was the lead in the paint that got to it.[]

I'm sure he'll be OK for Mt Pleasant.

Last edited by bcovish; 06-07-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:29 AM
vernonms

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Do you realize how many hours it took to remove the two teeth left in the stab and to to refinish it? I'm gonna sue!

Gus book me in the cub for Fri morning.

Vernon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.