Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Extra Large fuel tubing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Extra Large fuel tubing

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 12:13 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Extra Large fuel tubing

Hey guys, I need some more extra large tygon fuel tubing for the Firebird. The problem is, nobody around here carries the XL size (5/32" inside diameter) and I don't want to have to pay for shipping from somewhere for 3 feet or tygon so...
Have any of you used automotive fuel line or something maybe from a small engine (lawnmower) repair shop? The downside is most of it is black, you can't see through it, but I'd hate to have to pay $20 in shipping for $15 worth of tubing.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:11 PM
GOGGLES PIZANO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extra Large fuel tubing

HOME DEPOT OR LOWES?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:47 PM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Call a NAPA store to see if they have any clear fuel tubing? Their parts are fairly high quality, of a wider variety, and the help is usually more knowledgeable that some of the other stores'.

If it's good for gas, then of course it will be good for kero too.

Caution: I have read that petro fuels harden clear PVC over time.............
Old 05-22-2010, 01:58 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

The tubing from the HD is not thick enough, I think.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:18 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Jeremy,

That sucks, our LHS stocks it and I just bought a 25ft roll the other day. Rather than paying $20 shipping for a $15 item, do what I do and buy the tygon and another $185 in supplies from Dreamworks. This way you pay $20 shipping on $200 of items.

Regards,

Jim
Old 05-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Jeremy:

Shoot me a PM with your home addy.......I will send you 5 ft of the real stuff on Monday......3/16" ID Tygon.........

TA
Old 05-22-2010, 06:37 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks Tom, no need, a friend of mine found some for me at an industrial place, although they charge as much or more than the hobby stores do!
Thank you very much for the offer though. Now I just need to find one more 3421 servo.......
Old 05-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

With that tubing, big connectors on the tanks, airtrap, and festo y-connectors, and dual tank vents, Tom has really done his homework on fuel flow design......guess it had something to do with guys running big blocks in the FB since they first came on line back around 2001......

Be sure to check your usable fuel, as it is not the full 168 oz due to wing tank configuration......best I get with mine is 140 oz useable.......with my Peggy, flown about 1/2 flight at full throttle, I initially set my timer at 5 minutes, the 5 1/2, and now 6 minutes.......at that point now, I just start to get into the center tank which is about 32 useable oz when I taxi back and shutdown.....the Oly should be similar, since it has gobs more power and can be flown comfortably at lower throttle settings than the Peggy.....

Tom