Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Who thinks Habus are over rated and boring?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Who thinks Habus are over rated and boring?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:50 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Who thinks Habus are over rated and boring?

I do. Not very fast, boring boring boring.... After owning it for awhile I feel like I got ripped. Its the most expensive pc of foam I've every bought. This will never happen again.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Who thinks Habus are over rated and boring?

What's the point of this thread?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:05 PM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: bcovish

I don't know, pointing out over rated and boring pc's of foam and seeing if there is a consensus so I can make myself feel better for paying 400 for a pc of foam. Everyone says get a Habu get a Habu. Its so so cool. Ok maybe for the first week. Then it gets boring. Thats all. Whats the point of any thread? What ever the point the person posting it makes it I guess.

Whats the point of your reply? To make a reply for the sake of replying?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:07 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

You're looking at it beyond it's intended purpose. I think it's the most fun piece of foam I've ever had and worth every penny. If you bought it hoping it would be fast, then I could see the disappointment. We've all bought ours for those after hours flights, get multiples in the air and chase each other with them. With about 100 flights on mine, I just keep liking it more and more. Bounce and go's are a hoot, doing the stupid things I don't want to risk with my turbines (like inverted passes that scrape the rudder) are awesome with the habu.
Over-rated, not even a little bit, I think they freakin rock!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 11:13 PM
acw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

You're looking at it beyond it's intended purpose. I think it's the most fun piece of foam I've ever had and worth every penny. If you bought it hoping it would be fast, then I could see the disappointment. We've all bought ours for those after hours flights, get multiples in the air and chase each other with them. With about 100 flights on mine, I just keep liking it more and more. Bounce and go's are a hoot, doing the stupid things I don't want to risk with my turbines (like inverted passes that scrape the rudder) are awesome with the habu.
Over-rated, not even a little bit, I think they freakin rock!!!!!!!
I totally agree. Best value on the market. That's a lot of plane for $300.

Habus can fly pretty fast without the landing gear, 5 cell batteries and a new speed controller. It also helps to tape all the gaps.

Arnaud

Old 06-15-2010, 11:18 PM
bcovish

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

No. I think that just because you think a plane is "boring" is not a good reason to start a thread about it. All that it leads to in most cases is slamming of a product. You already started it by stating that you "feel like you got ripped".
Old 06-15-2010, 11:22 PM
giddyuperic

I do. Not very fast, boring boring boring.... After owning it for awhile I feel like I got ripped. Its the most expensive pc of foam I've every bought. This will never happen again.
I will take it off your hands if you don't like it or need it or if you don't fly it. What ever the case I would love to have one .
Old 06-15-2010, 11:27 PM
Xantos

Old 06-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Xantos

Im not slamming the product nor am I saying its bad but overated -Yes!! Its the first thing that came to my mind after I flew the Habu.
Theres been just too much hype about this airplane.
If its after hours flying and speed you are after , then I think the Multiplex Funjet is the best both in terms of Value for Money and Performance.
The Funjet performance with a standard 3 cell pack is much better than a standard config Habu at a fraction of the price.
Yes precision aerobatics is not the Funjet's forte but if its high speed bank and yank then you cant beat the Funjet.

Xantos
Old 06-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andy, I don't even own a Habu and I agree with you. I came close to ordering one, but it looked a bit boring after watching all of the vids. I found myself demonstrating some much needed restraint with the credit card and saying "nahhh, not this time".
Old 06-16-2010, 01:29 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Woketman

Andy, I don't even own a Habu and I agree with you. I came close to ordering one, but it looked a bit boring after watching all of the vids. I found myself demonstrating some much needed restraint with the credit card and saying ''nahhh, not this time''.
give me your credit card i will take care of it
Old 06-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 178 Likes on 144 Posts

I don't know what sort of Habu you are flying, but I think you have missed something...it's the best flying thing I've flown in years. I'm deadly serious. 120+ flights and still loving it. You must leave the U/C off (like any proper jet) and use a decent Li-Po, the most common question I get is how have you hopped yours up? Zip-nothing, just a good Li-Po...just because it says 30c, that could mean the manufacturer got that once in a lab test.

Dave Wilshere
Old 06-16-2010, 03:10 AM
Boomerang1

I don't consider it over rated because I was the first in our local bunch to get one so all I had to 'rate' it was the Parkzone video & it flys exactly as the video shows. How many models look great in the video when flown by some ace & when you actually fly one they are a POS.

They come with quite reasonable quality components (probably part of the high cost), are ready to fly in half an hour & fly a lot like a 'proper' jet rather than a park flyer. Sure, they are just a lump of foam but they fly well & can take quite a bit of abuse & are so fuss free to operate.

Andy might be sick of his, that's his business, but I still enjoy flying mine and think I got good value for money & that's my business. - John.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ki19233.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	361.4 KB
ID:	1453838  
Old 06-16-2010, 04:28 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

I would never go as far as to say "its the best model that I fly" [X(] I have no issues with power on the stock battery that it comes with. I am not a big fan of the elevator linkage set up. I have found my last two Habu's have had poor centring on pitch control. I have played around with my latest Bu to see if I can get things a little smoother and more accurate at the back end, I have sealed all the gaps on fuz to wing and Fuz to tail joints with silicone ( Making things a fair bit stiffer as well )
I agree that losing the U/C makes a big improvement to the way it flies.
I can also see exactly how some might go off the Habu. If flying it by yourself or not pushing the flight envelope hard it can become a little repetitive, and sure the top speed is not great, but it was never really intended as an out and out speed machine. Its plus points are far more orientated to how easy and hassle free it is to fly as appose to flat out speed.
The main thing that has kept me so enticed with my Habu is flying it alongside a friend. We have had a riot just messing around flying basic syncro stuff right through to some dog fights. It's all pretty low risk as unless you have a high speed mid air ( Opposite directions) they tend to bounce off each other. With no props to hack into the foam you usually get away with a light scuff. Only once did we need to resort to glue after 5 mid airs!
I guess what I am trying to say is that the Habu is so easy to operate that it can become boring, unless you are pushing yourself to try new things with it.
I am currently using one to teach one of my friends how to slow roll, and for that its perfect as the controls are pretty well harmonised. There is little cross mixing on control inputs ( But enough to make it a challenge), It's slow enough so as not to get away from him too quickly, as well as having time to see the effects of correct, or incorrect inputs, and best of all its low risk. It makes a big difference knowing that getting it big time wrong on a Habu will be far less financially damaging than a $10K jet.
Give it another shot Andrew and set yourself a flight task, and hopefully you can have some fun again with your Bu!
Regards Al

Old 06-16-2010, 04:36 AM
TommyWatson
My Feedback: (1)

I saw John (Boomerang1) fly his Habu and it took off from a rough grass strip. I knew then I just had to have one. I keep mine in the back seat of my car and fly it whenever I go to the field. Sure it is not as fast as my turbine models, but I do get a lot of pleasure from the little screaming foamie.

In answer to your question, NO, I dont find it over rated or boring.

Regards

Old 06-16-2010, 04:53 AM
rcpete2

This thread is boring,out of here.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:30 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

I love my Habu.....not overrated at all.

SM
Old 06-16-2010, 07:44 AM
tothemax

I fly while my Black Lab chases it. More fun than I ever imagined!!
Old 06-16-2010, 07:49 AM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

I will take it off your hands if you don't like it or need it or if you don't fly it. What ever the case I would love to have one .
lol, I already gave the airframe away. I'm going to try the new composite parkzone F86 with the Habu df and controller. At least it looks like a scale jet.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Skymac

I agree, looks overrated.... I will just slap a 4 cell in the T-28 and keep up..
Old 06-16-2010, 07:56 AM
bcovish

As you probably saw last weekend the 86 is a great flyer. Everyone that had their hands on the sticks flew it about half throttle. It gets small real quick.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:03 AM
dos007
My Feedback: (24)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Habu is the best electric plane I have flown. It is probably like Ali said...it is because I push the envelope. The other day I took off from the top of my R/C trailer. just having fun and not afraid to crash and it's easy to repair.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:09 AM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Andy.........

Maybe you could use the Habu to learn how to land ON the runway.......... Bwahahahahahaha (Oooooooooo that's gotta hurt!)

The little F86 is a blast, but like Bob-O said it does get small fast.

DR
Old 06-16-2010, 08:10 AM
AndyAndrews

No. I think that just because you think a plane is ''boring'' is not a good reason to start a thread about it. All that it leads to in most cases is slamming of a product. You already started it by stating that you ''feel like you got ripped''.
Well, maybe the "ripped" comment was overboard. The airplane does exactly what it is advertised to do. The company that sells it is great, I love their customer service. Their is nothing wrong with the product. I just feel like after owning it for a while it's not as fun as I thought it would be. Maybe its because I overweighted it with retracts and its wing loading changed. I think I liked it better before I made that mod. If you didn't notice, I didn't even use it in TX. It just got me thinking about spending 400 on foamies. I can't complain one bit about the quality of the Habu though. I just don't like it.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:16 AM
bcovish

No. I think that just because you think a plane is ''boring'' is not a good reason to start a thread about it. All that it leads to in most cases is slamming of a product. You already started it by stating that you ''feel like you got ripped''.
Well, maybe the ''ripped'' comment was overboard. The airplane does exactly what it is advertised to do. The company that sells it is great, I love their customer service. Their is nothing wrong with the product. I just feel like after owning it for a while it's not as fun as I thought it would be. Maybe its because I overweighted it with retracts and its wing loading changed. I think I liked it better before I made that mod. If you didn't notice, I didn't even use it in TX. It just got me thinking about spending 400 on foamies. I can't complain one bit about the quality of the Habu though. I just don't like it.
No foul on the ripped comment.
Andy, you didn't have time to fly it last weekend, you were too busy replacing the nose gear in the Boomer[:@]. Twice Sorry to bring that up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.