Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BOOMERANG ELAN - New Build & Setup Thread!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BOOMERANG ELAN - New Build & Setup Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 09:15 AM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
It was sold to Heli Direct, just send a text to Greg Alderman, his info is on JagRC website
Thanks, Dansy. I'll send him a note today.
Old 10-03-2021, 04:01 PM
skunkwurk

Smile

Quick update on the boomer. This will probably be the last until after the maiden.

I went with the cg in the manual, 250mm in front of the rear of flaps and empty. This required 4oz of weight in the tail to balance. I tested 240mm as per other's suggestions, but it would require even more weight in the tail, so I stuck with the position in manual for the first few flights. After I fly it I will decide if I want to move things around or further back. I also converted the model from Futaba to Power-box Systems Core. Added their dual RXs and telemetry, all is working very well - luv it!

Below are final pics of the config sheet, weight/balance (26lbs) and final battery locations. I hope this helps anyone considering this model.

Config sheet

Final weight and balance

Final cg position

Front battery placement

Rear battery placement

Rear battery, this angle shows the gap between the turbine and the battery. It is close but the turbine should get plenty of air flow - I hope...

Last edited by skunkwurk; 10-03-2021 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:46 AM
fmrsdtr

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
It was sold to Heli Direct, just send a text to Greg Alderman, his info is on JagRC website
Hey all! Just for future reference, go through the Boomerang Jets USA website (www.boomerangrcjets.com) and its contact info ([email protected] or (765) 744-3118). JAG RC is not affiliated with HD or Boomerang; it's actually just our side business. Greg is the full-time warehouse manager for HeliDirect/Boomerang and the main contact for Boomerang, so he does answer the emails and calls (8 am to 5 pm Eastern time) for anything related to the Boomerang jets through there. Hope that helps!
Old 10-27-2022, 04:37 PM
pzar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am really enjoying your thread......I am building a boomerang sprint.....how did you power your brake, gear controller ? Separate battery ? Power box ?? Seems like those gear motors could pull some amps>
Old 10-28-2022, 05:05 AM
skunkwurk

Originally Posted by pzar
I am really enjoying your thread......I am building a boomerang sprint.....how did you power your brake, gear controller ? Separate battery ? Power box ?? Seems like those gear motors could pull some amps>
Hello Pzar, I made a main power distribution hub out of Futaba sbus terminal boxes. I connected all of the devices that required power to the hub. I powered the hub from a Powerbox Source, link below. There are pictures of all of these components throughout the thread. Glad to help and provide more insight if you need help.

https://www.powerbox-systems.com/pro...ox-source.html