Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

UPS short for United Parcel Smashers

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

UPS short for United Parcel Smashers

Old 09-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPS short for United Parcel Smashers

The men in the brown uniforms (should have chokers on them) have managed to do it again. The real ass kicker is that the main gear which consisted of Robart 630 retracts, Prolink struts and Intairco wheels & brakes that were individually bubble wrapped and taped securely did not make the return delivery, but yet the bubble wrap was still in the box. How in the hell does that happen?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59196.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	1498408   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tp45996.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	1498409   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64792.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	1498410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tn31478.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	1498411   Click image for larger version

Name:	It99492.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1498412   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ka43284.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	1498413   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zb61163.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	1498414   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kw98295.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	1498415  

Old 09-10-2010, 12:36 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: UPS short for United Parcel Smashers

Please don't tell me that was a brand new box when it left where ever it was coming from.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Ron101
My Feedback: (22)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see this stuff and it scares the hell out of me
I have always had such great luck with all the shippers out there, Fed Ex, UPS, DHL, Forward Air, US Mail, Grey Hound,, they have all done a great job for me

but seeing this stuff I always make sure to box things up really good when I sell stuff here or ebay...

I like to add light 1x1 wood frames in the box to help

sorry to see this
Old 09-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It is amazing that they would deliver a box looking like that.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:35 PM
invertmast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

ohh my god! that is by far the worst i have ever seen come from any of the us based shippers. I'm amazed they would even deliver that...
Old 09-10-2010, 01:51 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I could not smash it myself that good if you gave me a bat!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:34 PM
DelGatoGrande

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

com on that must be fake [X(]
Old 09-10-2010, 02:48 PM
mighty9
My Feedback: (10)

I shipped an item that ups opened and lost parts from..They told me the package weight required a double wall box and they wouldn't cover the insurance.I had an email stating they had opened it not that it came open in transit .They could find no such record of them sending me any notice of them opening it.I provided them with a screen shot of the email they sent and suddenly they agreed to pay me the 150 for lost parts.I had insured the contents for 300.00. Funny thing is the box with the lost parts was still inside but all the packing tape had been removed and it was a box in a box in a box.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:02 PM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

That is absolutely amazing! Disgusting...So, how is the insurance claim panning out?
Old 09-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Countryboy

ORIGINAL: NickC5FE

That is absolutely amazing! Disgusting...So, how is the insurance claim panning out?

Claim in process for what it's worth. Do a google search and see how they handle their claims. It seems it is always the customers fault in that the parcel was not boxed/packaged properly. Even corporate in GA will tell you that just because you have it insured is no guarantee you will get refunded the full amount that it was insured for. I was told those exact words yesterday.

Ian,

Not a new box, but the box was the original shipping box & was in excellent shape when it left my hands.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:45 PM
davidgeorge212

Maybe they put that package on a UPS plane that crash landed after flying through hurricane Earl.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:57 PM
jetsflying

it looks like it just came back from war.....sorry to seeeeee that
Old 09-10-2010, 04:20 PM
SGT.SHAGGY

no matter which shipper you use you need to make sure that you have a proper shipping package. most airplane packages are not proper shipping boxes. There should be a circle on the box that list edge crush test, max weight of content ext. You dont actually think that any shipper will let you insure packages with out having a standard do you. Most companies will not pay a damage claim unless the package used for shipping is a approved shipping box.
Hope this helps..... looking at those photos, that package should never have been delivered. I would bet that the Business manager from your local UPS center or HUB would not be to happy to learn that his preloaders put your package out for delivery like that, and that the driver actually delivered it like that is crazy. Best of luck with your claim, I am thinking that you will have to have the original shipper file the damage claim, a call tag will be issued for a driver to pick it up and it will be sent back to a hub or center for inspection, now if your package does not have the little circle on it with Edge crush ect ect then they shipper ( who you bought the product from) is going to be SOL, then it will be a matter between you and the company. As the receiver there is nothing you can do but set back and wait. Maybe you can have the shipper send you another kit in a proper package while he/she waits for there claim to be approved or denied.

Good luck
Old 09-10-2010, 04:39 PM
ianober

Shaggy, I think what happened here is Countryboy shipped it out to someone who may have bought it from him and then the package was returned to him like this, less some parts (landing gear). At least that's how I interrupted it but Countryboy should be able to confirm. Also, these boxes are used to ship to us all the time, if they were inferior then I would think UPS would be instructed to refuse receipt of the package to avoid such hassles, or maybe not. [:@][:@]
Old 09-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Countryboy

I was the shipper! This is how it was returned. I have used the same process several times without any problem. One's parcel needs to be treated with greater care than this. Having spoke with insiders of the UPS shipping system, the stories are horrid on how packages are handled.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:44 PM
jedijingle
My Feedback: (45)

Yup my experience with UPS also, thats why I dont use them if I can avoid it. Sadly that is what most companies use for shipping, and they are more expensive than FedEX. I love the FedEx ground service. UPS once lost a package of mine for 4 months. Then out of the blue comes a sq package looking like a football. I had totally forgotten about it, because the shipper sent me a replacement. They couldnt track it or find it anywhere. Even had HAZ MAT in it. (rolling my eyes) Must be a union shop.

Hope it works out.

BTW My old man is tv repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. He can fix it.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:57 PM
Countryboy

How do you fix missing components. I know, with your wallet! UPS will never see another penny of my money... not that they care as I am only a single peanut amongst thousands.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:02 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

UPS = Ultimate Package Smashers
Old 09-10-2010, 07:31 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Countryboy:

Not specifically defending UPS here, but over the course of the past 8 years, I have ordered and received 4 Boomerang products from Patricia. Without a doubt, the packaging (boxes produced for packing Boomerang jets) is the least expensive I have seen. Absolutely no corrugation to speak of, weak and paper like with absolutely no strength or rigidity. Patricia has replaced two for me and shipped only after repacking. Still, there was damage.

I suggest anyone shipping a Boomerang kit take great patience in strengthening the original box to the point of a full framework support to protect the contents.

You will find NO circle of strength statement regarding corner crush numbers on any Boomerang Jets original boxes.

I recently shipped two TBM Shock Jets to Mexico via UPS. . .absolutely no damage. . .to the outer box or the contents. As readers know, I ship worldwide and UPS is my shipper of choice. . .only one incident in 8 years and the claim was paid as they agreed.

Last, I totally agree this box should never have been loaded for delivery and the driver should have refused it or at least brought it to the attention of the station facility manager.

Thanks for reading. . .

Eric
Old 09-10-2010, 07:43 PM
tulz161

UPS is about as bad as it can get. I've had them deliver me my mountain bike with the WHOLE side of the box missing. I was told by an audio company that anything that ships regular ground needs to be able to withstand a 4 foot drop (the conveyer belt system). And the claim process can take over a year.... I don't ship UPS anymore...
Old 09-10-2010, 08:56 PM
earlwb

They irritate me to no end as well. I have had a couple of packages shipped that arrived as empty boxes. They randomly open boxes and apparently don't bother sealing them back up either. so you could double pack something and if they decide to open it, they tear it open, pour the stuff out and send it on its way. The contents winds up in their lost and found department. I suppose they give the stuff away or something, maybe to charity. Anyway, they don't care, they just have you file a insurance claim for it.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:43 PM
warbird addict

I"ve not had anything show up via UPS yet that wasn't smashed all to hell and gone , I'm to the point now if I order something online and they tell me they only use ups I'll cancel the order period, they are the absolute worst, you could take an anvil and pack it in a brinks safe with a 100 yards of bubble wrap and it would show up with the safe demolished and the anvil would be unrecognizable,oh hell no don't even get me started on a UPS rant, the last package they demolished on me they didn't want to accept a claim because I opened the box ,I was like you dip***** how in the hell do I know you smashed it if I don't open the box, I can't see the contents thru the cardboard, can you ? , you fU%&iNG moron
I've NEVER seen any company demonstrate such an absolute disregard for the care and handling of something they were paid premium money to deliver in the same condition it left in and their insurance is a TOTAL JOKE good luck collecting WHEN they smash YOUR stuff.
By Show of hands how many people have had double boxed packages show up where the cardboard boxes more resembled cloth rather than carboard with bootprints and holes all over it ? Every time I see a ups uniform I want to snatch the guy by the windpipe punch him square in the mouth repeatedly until he's thoroughly unconcious just as a matter of payback

RAAAAANNNNNTTTTT !!!!!! LOL
Old 09-10-2010, 11:30 PM
jship
My Feedback: (4)

United plane smashers
Old 09-11-2010, 12:07 AM
teebox11
My Feedback: (33)

CONTENTS STOLEN! BOX SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED AT THE COUNTER FOR SHIPMENT IF INSPECTED PROPERLY AND PASSING BY THE COUNTER PEOPLE! THAT IS WHERE IT BEGINS AND THEY COULDN'T CARE LESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, so lets all have some Blue Bell ice cream! If we ship and our property is destroyed as this was, contents stolen, then it's our fault. However, seems regular and big shippers always have their stuff taken care of. Go Greyhound!
Old 09-11-2010, 12:11 AM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: BluFox

.................. UPS is my shipper of choice. . .only one incident in 8 years and the claim was paid as they agreed.

I'm with Eric here, UPS is by and far the superior shipper in my area. it seams that each shipping service has it's own 'Locations' that they do excellent work and not so excellent work in. around here FedEx Ground (and Home) are the worst, they are the remains of the old RPS company and they get paid by the box and each truck has two workers, they will literally drive by and throw the boxes out the door, on those rare occasions they get out and walk the box to the house it has a sticker on it saying "Box Left At Front Door" stuck to the box sitting at the front door (and they'll never ring the bell or knock)........... i avoid using them at all costs. FedEx Express (the overnight service) is a completely different company then the ground service and they get paid quiet nicely By The Hour, the only reason i choose UPS over FedEx Express is because of location, UPS is a 10 min drive, FedEx an hour and half.

i'd venture to say i've had thousands of packages shipped/received via UPS and i've only had one received that was in the condition of the Boomerang above and my driver asked me to open it and check and refuse it if necessary (amazingly the contents were undamaged). i've filed 3 claims on items i've shipped via UPS and on all three, they picked the damaged package up, shipped it overnight to their inspection center, and then overnight it back to me (the shipper is always returned the damaged item IME) and a few days later i get a check in the mail for the full insured amount, 5-7 business days tops.

ORIGINAL: BluFox

Last, I totally agree this box should never have been loaded for delivery and the driver should have refused it or at least brought it to the attention of the station facility manager.
Can't say how it works in your neck of the woods but here the driver never sees the packages till he's attempting delivery, they have two crews of loaders (mostly kids) that work 4-8am and then again from 4-8pm loading/unloading. drivers show up a little after 8 and hope in the truck and go.

Countryboy my condolences on your boomerang.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.