RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   The new Tornado sport jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10095724-new-tornado-sport-jet.html)

noray1 09-15-2012 11:45 AM

RE: The new Tornado sport jet

I should have a new canopy for the V3 by the end of next week.
Contact me by E-Mail.. [email protected]
Ray

TUMBLER 09-15-2012 06:19 PM

Thanks guys! I am going to fly her tomorrow and just tape the canopy on for now. I will order a new one from Ray next week....assuming all goes well. :D The K-80 started right up today. Looking forward to flying her.

phantom_najd 09-15-2012 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: noray1

I should have a new canopy for the V3 by the end of next week.
Contact me by E-Mail.. [email protected]
Ray
Hi there Ray,

Are you planning to do the tub as well?

Azzam

Dieselman1220 09-15-2012 10:41 PM

Yes Ray said he was going to do a tub as well

2FAS 09-16-2012 04:52 AM

Ray, if you are making a new tub that's great. Any chance I can return the brand new in box canopy that doesn't fit the V3 and get the right canopy and new tub?

TUMBLER 09-16-2012 09:48 AM

The search feature is not working. What are you guys using for the cg?

TimWatson 09-16-2012 10:24 AM

Saw one fly at Jetpower the V3. The canopy on that one also looked a very bad fit. Why cant this be got right I wonder</p>

NZjet 09-16-2012 12:50 PM

Would anybody be interested in a full composite tornado/falcon 120 with parts that actually fit ? </p>

BaldEagel 09-16-2012 12:56 PM

Lots of people would be interested, but at what cost, it would just turn into another twin boomer.

Mike

Dieselman1220 09-16-2012 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: TUMBLER

The recomended CG in the instructions is a good starting point I think I ended up moving mine about 1/4" aft after a few flights

TUMBLER 09-16-2012 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks man. Suggested CG was 12.75. I flew it at 13". With the k80, 2 1100 a123's next to nosegear unit, and 3800 LIFE next to the nosehweel opening, I had to add about 5 ozs to the nose. I worked on it for 12 hours saturday and about 10hours sunday so by the time I got out to the field tonight I had just enough daylight to get one flight in. It flew well, but I can only get enought flap travel for 3" of travel so they do more to add lift than to cause drag and slow her down. I need to cut them off and re-hinge so I can get more throw. I was able to go farther out and bleed off seed and land ok, but would rather get more flap. I could fly at 1/4 power with full flap so I know there is not enough. Good news is I found a way to squeeze the jet in the car with the wings on which makes assmbly a lot easier at the field. :D

ORIGINAL: Dieselman1220

The recomended CG in the instructions is a good starting point I think I ended up moving mine about 1/4'' aft after a few flights

ModellbauUK 09-18-2012 01:23 PM

<div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.296875); -webkit-composition-fill-color: rgba(175, 192, 227, 0.230469); -webkit-composition-frame-color: rgba(77, 128, 180, 0.230469); ">Just got back from Jetpower 2012, what an awesome event!!!<div>
</div><div>We flew the tornado fitted with a JetsMunt VT80 and it kept up with best. Had many comments saying it was nice to see an real alternative choice off sports trainer jet which really looks the part without box looking lines.  The black/yellow scheme was the most popular. Only the demo models came back with us.</div><div>
</div><div>In light of the success of the Tornado V3 and JetsMunt VT80 combination we are now offering this as a combo option for £1750. This will be on our website shortly once I've recovered from the drive to Germany. Supply will be limited due to the demand for VT80's so get in quick. PM me if interested.</div><div>
</div><div>For those who are not familiar with the VT80 go here. All components except the pump are housed inside the turbine making installation a snip. Power from this little turbine is amazing especially when you consider it is 500g lighter than the Kingtech K80F</div><div>
</div><div> http://www.jets-munt.com/pb/VT80/VT80.html</div></div>

back 09-18-2012 06:44 PM

<div>TUMBLER, you made ​​a video of the flight tornado v3!!</div><div>
</div><div>Someone else has to give testimony about the flight of the tornado v3?</div>

BaldEagel 09-19-2012 01:26 AM

Tumbler

When you cut the flaps off swap the left and right flap and turn over that way you get a straight edge on the bottom to hinge the flap with I did this to my Falcon and hinged them with Robart pin hinges this gave me up too 90 degs of movement.

Mike

TUMBLER 09-19-2012 01:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Too late Mike, haha. I did it last night. I just cut off the bevel so I lost about a 1/4" of flap....no big deal. I hinged on the bottom with 4 Robarts per side. I get 180 degrees of throw. only stops when the horn hits the wing. LOL

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Tumbler

When you cut the flaps off swap the left and right flap and turn over that way you get a straight edge on the bottom to hinge the flap with I did this to my Falcon and hinged them with Robart pin hinges this gave me up too 90 degs of movement.

Mike

TUMBLER 09-19-2012 01:32 PM

no vid, but ill go out sat and/or sun depending on weather and will get some.

ORIGINAL: back

<div>TUMBLER, you made ​​a video of the flight tornado v3!!</div><div>
</div><div>Someone else has to give testimony about the flight of the tornado v3?</div>

ModellbauUK 09-20-2012 09:35 AM

I have a Tornado V2 fitted with a Kingtech K80F for sale less receiver but includes servos. If interested please PM me. Red White Scheme

ModellbauUK 09-21-2012 09:07 AM

Just to clarify the deal regarding the Tornado V3 and Jets Munt VT80 combo deal

The VT80 is full price with the option to buy a Tornado V3 for &pound;300 if bought together

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Website will be updated shortly

Ian<br type="_moz" />

ModellbauUK 09-21-2012 09:14 AM

Just to clarify the deal regarding the Tornado V3 and Jets Munt VT80 combo deal

The VT80 is full price with the option to buy a Tornado V3 for &pound;300 if bought together

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Website will be updated shortly

Ian<br type="_moz" />

TUMBLER 09-22-2012 10:01 AM

well I put 5 more flights on a tornado today. I must say I think it flies real well. only downside is the amount of flight time with the K80. withdrawal management I get 5 minutes and then drop the landing gear. my friends son took some video so want to send it to me I will post it

ModellbauUK 09-22-2012 10:16 AM

well I put 5 more flights on a tornado today. I must say I think it flies real well. only downside is the amount of flight time with the K80. withdrawal management I get 5 minutes and then drop the landing gear. my friends son took some video so want to send it to me I will post it
I get 7 minutes on the Jets Munt VT80 with reserve for couple of go arounds. Maybe because there's 500g less weight to lug around the sky.
<br type="_moz" />

BaldEagel 09-22-2012 03:06 PM

Tumbler

How did you find the increased flap travel, did you use crow as well?

Mike

TUMBLER 09-22-2012 03:36 PM

night and day!! no crow. flaps and head wind really
slowed it down nice!

BaldEagel 09-22-2012 03:49 PM

You may find crow will help stabalise the thing during a no wind day, it adds wash out to the wing tips and helps lower the tip stalling speed, it also has the side effect of increasing the rate of decent, so you can land with more flap and power in a nose high attitude, great fun to play with on landing and makes you look a real hot shot pilot. :D

Mike

TUMBLER 09-22-2012 04:09 PM

Yeah my buddies were asking if I had put it in. My ailerons are Y'd together though so would have to make some changes if I did it. With flaps down I am flying about 1/3 to 1/2 throttle and lower the throttle to control decent and once I am over the runway, i pull the nose up and add back in a couple clicks of throttle and hold those nose off. It seems to settle in nicely with no hint of stalling. Tomorrow is supposed to be a calmer day so I will see how it changes things. I may even end up adding more flap. I like to have a ton of flap on jets and come in with a lot of power so its like an airbrake when I cut the power. My friend said his son got punished tonight so he got sent to his room so he has not sent me the video. ugggh. LOL

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

You may find crow will help stabalise the thing during a no wind day, it adds wash out to the wing tips and helps lower the tip stalling speed, it also has the side effect of increasing the rate of decent, so you can land with more flap and power in a nose high attitude, great fun to play with on landing and makes you look a real hot shot pilot. :D

Mike