RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   The new Tornado sport jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10095724-new-tornado-sport-jet.html)

rpat 12-28-2010 05:15 AM

RE: The new Tornado sport jet

Henry,
What's the status on that container? When are you going to post the instructions?
Rich

BaldEagel 12-28-2010 05:34 AM

Henry

I realise you are very busy at this time, but could you could give us an update on the container? also if possible can you give us a link to the instructions?

Thanks
Mike

Modellbau USA 12-28-2010 06:36 AM

I just left the port this morning and customs advised me that they will try to have the container cleared by the end of the week. As for the instruction manual, it is complete and I will post the manual on the downloads portion of our website by this afternoon. Please refer back to our website after you receive the airplanes to assure that you have the most up to date version, because I was thinking of making a few pictorial changes once I recieved the airplanes.

rpat 12-28-2010 08:23 AM

OK thank you.

Modellbau USA 12-28-2010 10:04 AM

Please find the link to our downloads page one our website. Here you can find the manual for the TORNADO

http://www.modellbauusa.com/Downloads.html#

jzuniga 12-28-2010 10:47 AM

Downloaded:D
Airplane looks super easy to build...

Z

Modellbau USA 12-30-2010 12:22 PM

Hey guys we just got the airplanes, We will QA all of them and start shipping tomorrow in the order they were purchased. For all of our customers in the USA you will get a FedEx Tracking number emailed to you as soon as a label is created for your airplane. For people outside the US you will get a tracking # from USPS I wish everyone a happy New Year.

On a small side note, I have gotten a few calls about the manual and people asking me about CG, Flap throw etc... PLEASE follow the instructions on what we suggest for the CG and Flaps. Despite the fact that the airplane looks like the Falcon 120 it has a different airfoil wing so set up is different. Excess flap will cause an undesirable stall characteristic, rather than the very docile stall it has with ower suggestions. Also if you have any questions PLEASE feel free to call me anytime, I am here to help you guys in anyway. If anybody feels more comfortable speaking spanishyou can reach Alberto at 954-445-2197.

Rod_Hart 12-30-2010 03:47 PM

The manual is great but where did you mount your brake servo? I plan on using an UP-6.

Rod

Modellbau USA 12-30-2010 04:01 PM

There is a cut out for it underneath were I have my receiver since I used an electronic valve. Radio installation I left up to preference.

Rod_Hart 12-30-2010 05:12 PM

Thanks a bunch.

Rod

Looking forward to seeing the F-86D

Modellbau USA 12-30-2010 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just wanted to share some of the organized madness that we are going through here LOL

Kenrico 12-30-2010 09:26 PM

NICE! Can':Dt wait to get mines. you guys need help?[>:]:D

Post more pics! we love to see pics on RCU[>:]

jzuniga 12-30-2010 10:33 PM

I can hardly wait!!! :D

Z

Modellbau USA 12-30-2010 10:51 PM

we are working as quickly as possible to get all the Airplanes QC and installing the gear, engine mount and a few other odd's and end's. We will work through the weekend getting all of these kits ready

BaldEagel 12-31-2010 02:15 AM

Henry

Have you tried crow braking on the Tornado with 90 deg flap, on the Flacon it took some modifying to get 90 deg, but with reflexed up ailerons the landing speed went way down with no tendency to tip stall, almost to a high alpha type of landing, with a bit of thrust still on it was possible to run the main wheels along the runway with the nose in the air, would be interested to know if you have tried it?

Its not the landing speed that is our problem in the UK at our club fields, its the rate of decent due to our restricted fields and overfly zones so flaps acting as air-brakes are almost essential to decrease the circuit size.

Can you let us know what the difference is on the aerofoil section, just curious?

Mike

Modellbau USA 12-31-2010 05:55 AM

I am not sure what you are actually accomplishing with 90 degrees and flaps and crow besides destroying the aerodynamics of any wing. But what I can tell you is that I can land the tornado in about 250ft. It took a little practice but I can come out of a split S not add any power lower flaps and gear and touch down and stop in less distance than any prop airplane. As for airfoil, I really can't tell you NACA airfoil numbers because we have spent several thousand dollars developing that airfoil to work the way it does. But I can say that the center section of the wing is different than the wing tips. This combination of airfoils gives this airplane and our F86D the incredible flying characteristics at high speed and the docile high wing trainer landing ease it currently has

BaldEagel 12-31-2010 07:01 AM

Henry

You are spoilt with your long runways and that's where the problem starts, my landing area is a grass patch and approx 100ft long, but it seems you do understand what I am actually accomplishing, destroying the aerodynamics of the wing to increase the rate of decent is the object, the flaps at 90 deg's they become air brakes and no longer cause the associated float on as they do as flaps, the reflexed ailerons put wash out onto the wing tips and help prevent tip stalling at slow speeds, using Flaps at 90 deg's and ailerons up by about 20mm I can bring my Sprint onto our patch and stop it before the end of the cut area, I used to do this with an Elan also, now the Rookie is another matter with full vector on I can take off in about 5ft and touch down and stop in about 20ft at a very high Alpha.

I would recommend you try the full flap and reflex to explore the envelope of your airframes, I even convinced one of my pals who has a drone manufacturing company to try it on one of his military drones a couple of times as his chute system was having a problem at the time, he does not use it on the drone any more, but it saved the day on more than one occasion he tells me, he now uses it on all his models.

Mike

Modellbau USA 12-31-2010 08:53 AM

<div></div><div>I get it mike thanks. I will definitely try that out like we spoke before you can definitely put 90 degrees of flaps in. However I will not recommended that to everybody as a manufacturer. I might be taking a shot in the dark, but most people are not flying jets off a 100 ft grass strip. The instructions are written for a person That is getting into jets and does not know the landing characteristics of a turbine. For people like yourself that need to modify an airplane for their specific landing environment, you are welcome to do whatever you would like to get the job done. Like I have mentioned to you before I can custom make anything for full composite, vector thrust, vertical take off and landing; whatever may fancy your taste, just place an order and I will make whatever you want happen.</div><div>Thanks </div>

david robinson 12-31-2010 09:13 AM

<div>Mike</div><div></div><div>You seem to be asking question that are just wasting there time and mine. I keep getting alerts that there is a post and i eagerly log on to read and find another one of your spectacular questions. If you have the misfortune of flying jets off 100ft runway I feel for you. We get it that you can take-off a rookie in 5ft and defy gravity but the rest of the world really does not care. From various post you have made in the past all you seem to make special request for things that the guys at Modellbau seem to fulfill and you don't buy anything. Why don't you take Henry up on one of his offers or stop wasting there time so they can produce stuff for us. My 2 cents</div>

Modellbau USA 12-31-2010 09:56 AM

Hey guys nobody is waisting my time I am here to help everybody and try to accommodate who ever is a customer or a potential customer. And even if you have not purchased from us as many of you that have called with problems with turbines we will do what ever is needed to help

madmodelman 12-31-2010 11:16 AM

Happy New Year!!!

crashgoodly 12-31-2010 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

Hey guys nobody is waisting my time I am here to help everybody and try to accommodate who ever is a customer or a potential customer. And even if you have not purchased from us as many of you that have called with problems with turbines we will do what ever is needed to help
will you and your products be at toledo this year? also, will the f-86 fly with the p60 class sizeof turbine? please and thanks.

happy new year.

BaldEagel 12-31-2010 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: david robinson

<div>Mike</div><div> </div><div>You seem to be asking question that are just wasting there time and mine. I keep getting alerts that there is a post and i eagerly log on to read and find another one of your spectacular questions. If you have the misfortune of flying jets off 100ft runway I feel for you. We get it that you can take-off a rookie in 5ft and defy gravity but the rest of the world really does not care. From various post you have made in the past all you seem to make special request for things that the guys at Modellbau seem to fulfill and you don't buy anything. Why don't you take Henry up on one of his offers or stop wasting there time so they can produce stuff for us. My 2 cents</div>

Lighten up David, I will be buying one of these Tornado's as soon as they are available in the UK, and by the way I can't defy gravity for long and find it difficult to walk on water now days as well, but will keep on trying.

Mike

Modellbau USA 12-31-2010 06:03 PM

<div>Absolutely the F86D Dog Sabre is designed for the Bee II,P60 size turbine</div><div>All of the planes we are releasing this year are for that size class power plant.</div><div></div><div>I will also like to announce that we are going to make all of our airframes EDF as well we are almost finished with our 100mm and our 127mm fan unit. We are going to provide a go fly package for EDF that includes fan,motor, castel creations speed control and battery's.</div>

crashgoodly 12-31-2010 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Modellbau USA

<div>Absolutely the F86D Dog Sabre is designed for the Bee II,P60 size turbine</div><div>All of the planes we are releasing this year are for that size class power plant.</div><div></div><div>I will also like to announce that we are going to make all of our airframes EDF as well we are almost finished with our 100mm and our 127mm fan unit. We are going to provide a go fly package for EDF that includes fan,motor, castel creations speed control and battery's.</div>
thanks..