RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   RCU Buy/Sell (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10175722-rcu-buy-sell.html)

hooker53 12-04-2010 11:05 AM

RCU Buy/Sell

Is RCU buy/Sell portion down or is it just my browser???

powerjets 12-04-2010 11:14 AM

RE: RCU Buy/Sell

same here ![:@]

dav.ie 12-04-2010 11:16 AM

Same here and I have two RAM 750 ecu's, one RAM 750 start box and one RAM 100 start box to sell.  When will it be back up?

trioval00 12-04-2010 11:39 AM

maybe it has something to do with the big server change they made this week. the past few days I even had a hard time logging into RCU itself......

tassos p 12-04-2010 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: trioval00

maybe it has something to do with the big server change they made this week. the past few days I even had a hard time logging into RCU itself......
same here....

some times not possible to even log on

jzuniga 12-04-2010 03:40 PM

same here!!![:@]

Mike06659 12-04-2010 04:43 PM

What is wrong with RCU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had problems with it all week!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing works right and I need my fix:D

Race21 12-04-2010 04:51 PM

Agreed with all..........:(

I seem to be having general trouble with RCU since the swap- Buy/Sell, Forums, Reviews, etc..

I'll be in the corner shuddering and crying until it's fixed.....

LGM Graphix 12-04-2010 06:29 PM

I know it's unreal right, for the amount we pay to be members this is an outright travesty! ;)

Yeah, it's sarcasm, I've noticed problems too, but I can deal with it, I'm sure they'll get it squared away soon enough.

Race21 12-04-2010 07:22 PM

You are absoluetly right! RCU is an awesome resourse! Thanks to all the Mods, sponsors and members! The exchange of information, ideas, tricks, etc is great and typifies the comradery that I like most about the hobby.

Having read my post on the "big" board it sounds really snotty and not funny like I meant it to be. Not exactly what I meant.......

niteflyer 12-04-2010 08:00 PM

But, But, But, how do i find out whats for sale that i don't need ???????????
The market place being down has already saved me big $$$$$$$$$$$$
i"m a Freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ha Ha Ha i miss my RCU marketplace Niteflyer

sskianpour 12-04-2010 08:32 PM

Ever since they were "down for maintenance" last week, everything has gotten worse. Loading time, log in, Forum access. And buy/sell is non-existent. Dont these people realize if they keep this up I will have to start working at work instead of browsing jets I want to buy in buy/sell section??? What is wrong with them. Next thing you know I will be productive. ARRRGGGGH [:@]

Instead of knocking out buy/sell they should be vaporizing the "AMA President" thread....which is arguably the worst thread in history of RCU.

Shaz

trioval00 12-04-2010 08:38 PM

Shaz, this is a must read thread. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_91..._1/key_/tm.htm

after reading grab a chair have a seat and say hello to all the rest of us here in the back of the room.......

sskianpour 12-04-2010 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: trioval00

Shaz, this is a must read thread. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_91..._1/key_/tm.htm

after reading grab a chair have a seat and say hello to all the rest of us here in the back of the room.......
Hehehehe, I have to admit, starting that thread was a big step forward in my rehabilitation. I was up to 9 jets atthe time. Now I have 6! My sponsor is VERY proud of me! :)

Race21 12-04-2010 09:27 PM

Shaz, I thought you were you own sponsor!

And I think it is safe for me to speak for the rest of the group- While we are proud of you for your fleet reduction attempts we all knew it wouldn't be long before another pretty jet tempted you! It's okay. You are only human.

I am beginning to think that the "closed" market place is a conspiracy amongst the wives!

I sure hope Babydoll can understand that Santa won't be happy riding around in his clapped out old sleigh. Rudolph and Company would much rather be pulling a newer, much more stream-lined jet-sleigh that he could have found here on RCU.

J

jetaholic 12-04-2010 09:44 PM

I have no problem with getting into any section of RCU except Buy/Sell. How many posts will it take till someone at RCU reads them and finds a fix?

Dr Honda 12-05-2010 03:50 AM

ORIGINAL: jetaholic

I have no problem with getting into any section of RCU except Buy/Sell. How many posts will it take till someone at RCU reads them and finds a fix?

I've been bummed out with the for sale tuff not working either. I was in the maket for a radio... and I was forced to go to ebay.

Anyway... I made a post in the forum help section. I'm sure the admins know.

rcpete347 12-05-2010 05:33 AM

HI, I also have given up, trying to load the Market place, I move on to some thing else now.
Rcpete

mcrotor 12-05-2010 06:00 AM

I sure hope they extend my paid ad for the amount of ad run time I am losing on my PAID ad.

rcarey7909 12-05-2010 06:16 AM

what does r/c universe want us to do? eegads, go to r/c groups? make it so number one.

hooker53 12-05-2010 06:26 AM

Come on guys. Keep it civil. There was just a Question to find out if it was a browser Problem or a ISP Problem. Things happen on a network this big. I'm sure RCU was Very aware of a problem LONG before we were. I miss that section as much as anyone and I'm sure admin/IS is working into the wee hours to correct it. What the Orig post was aimed at was the hopes that a MOD or someone would come on board and inform us but I'm sure they are very biz right now correction the problem and I'm sure when the FIRST "For Sell" item shows up in my inbox, that will be an indication that it's fixed. For your long Hard cold winter reading, there are much more interesting posts going on right now.

rcjetsaok 12-05-2010 06:27 AM

The whole website is Toe'r up from the Flo'or up !!!!!! They just need to get all them little one's and zero's back in the corral and everything will be just fine !!!! Just don't waste any time doing it !!!!! :D

Danno

Sarge Johnson 12-05-2010 06:37 AM

Just one of the many bird droppings on the winshield of life.

bonehead2434 12-05-2010 06:45 AM

ITS MINE TOO ,,I DIDNT NEED TO SPEND ANY MONEY ANYWAY ! BUT ITS BAD IF YOU GUYS CANT SELL RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS ,SOMEONE BETTER FIX IN A HURRY,,SO YOU BETTER WATCH OUT ,YOU BETTER NOT CRY ,,,,,,,,,,,

a1pcfixer 12-05-2010 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They installed some new servers, and are with a new service provider.They are still working the
bugs out.....days & days later.

Anything to do with the server hosting images is farkled, such as slide shows/video/galleries.

Forget the Buy/Sell, access has deteriorated so that now it's not accessable. Whatever the
problem it's getting worse, not better. Various things we click on, get 'redirected' to other servers,
and they're not all talking nice with each other.

You may occaisionally gain access to Buy/Sell Marketplace with MSIExploder, but not Firefox browsers.

Hopefully they get 'er done soon.

p.s (1).......

About photos here in messages on RCU;

A couple things we can do to temporarily side-step RCU's current glitches regarding photos in messages are,

1a) Resize your photos to 800x600 (round abouts 100kb in size, or less)
1b) A FREE program to do so is [link=http://www.irfanview.net/]InfranView......[/link]

2) ONLY upload ONE photo/image per message! Any group of 2 or more and several get blown HUGE!!!

p.s.(2).......

Another area is failing now;

the avatar smileys you can add to messages, the "more smileys...." area....they've nearly ALL disappeared. Yesterday only a few were gone.

Friday, access to the Buy/Sell Marketplace was intermittant at best. Yesterday it locked down entirely!
Limited access had been possible with MSIExploder, but no longer. Firefox can't see that area at all.

p.s.(3).....

Here's yet another area in meltdown;

I did a lookup of a member profile, and THIS is what I got {see attached photo}
That's something we shouldn't be seeing!

Whomever RCU has 'fixing' things needs to fix 'em faster.....it's doing a slow melt-down![&o]

Hopefully, RCU doesn't become the digital version of the Titanic. :(

I might end up asking that woman in my house if she's my wife, or the maid.:D