RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   China's J-20 Better Than F-22? Well I do not think so (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10265529-chinas-j-20-better-than-f-22-well-i-do-not-think-so.html)

Strykaas 01-15-2011 11:56 AM

China's J-20 Better Than F-22? Well I do not think so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWa0Y...feature=relmfu

WhoDaMan 01-15-2011 12:55 PM

RE: China's J-20 Better Than F-22? Well I do not think so

Lets see the test,,,,,,,,,,,, Bring it on

lavi rider 01-15-2011 02:32 PM

Looks very similar to the new Russian Sukhoi T-50 ....The looks is never the important factor ....what lies under the "hood" is.

Airforce7 01-15-2011 02:41 PM

Head-to-head, would the f-22 see the j-20 first and shoot it down before the need to dogfight? Or could they be equally just as stealthy and get within visual contact for a dogfight. I'm not to worried about it, just curious, because we'll have 187 f-22s out there and for all we know china has 1 j-20, plus hardly any experience flying it. We're still what a decade ahead of the game?

bambam102 01-15-2011 04:09 PM

I don't think it looks at all like a T-50. Rather it looks like a Russian Mig 1.42 that's been given the stealth treatment. And not a very good treatment at that due to those canards.

Jgwright 01-16-2011 12:49 PM

Surely if they are equally stealthy then they would never have a dog fight because they would not be able to find each other?

John

Ram-bro 01-16-2011 01:19 PM

how about this list?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bga06...1&feature=fvwp

DelGatoGrande 01-16-2011 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: Jgwright

Surely if they are equally stealthy then they would never have a dog fight because they would not be able to find each other?

John
This way no one would "shoot down" anyone
and we would live happily ever after

invertmast 01-16-2011 01:28 PM

Why did i know this was gonna be some ******** video on youtube.... ugh, those guys irk me. But, what experience / back-ground does he/those guys have to make assumptions like the ones in the video?

WhoDaMan 01-16-2011 02:08 PM

Sweet

ORIGINAL: Ram-bro

how about this list?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bga06...p;feature=fvwp

Airforce7 01-16-2011 02:28 PM

Good point John. But human eyes could still play a role, which is why these 5th gen fighters have all these fancy control surfaces and thrust vectoring.

bigplumbs 01-16-2011 03:14 PM

I think they are both very ugly planes and would never want to model one.

bambam102 01-16-2011 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: bigplumbs

Love you Brits but except for the spitfire and maybe the eurofighter, you guys have tossed a fair bit of UGLY into the clouds.:)

WhoDaMan 01-16-2011 04:14 PM

LOL

I do love the Vulcan

ORIGINAL: bambam102

Love you Brits but except for the spitfire and maybe the eurofighter, you guys have tossed a fair bit of UGLY into the clouds.:)

rcguy59 01-16-2011 08:27 PM

Back in the '70's the Brit's latest fighter design wasn't ugly enough for the MoD. So they bought Phantoms...

bambam102 01-17-2011 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: rcguy59

Back in the '70's the Brit's latest fighter design wasn't ugly enough for the MoD. So they bought Phantoms...
NAHHH. I think they had it covered with electric lightnings.:D

Jgwright 01-17-2011 01:22 AM

Good point John. But human eyes could still play a role, which is why these 5th gen fighters have all these fancy control surfaces and thrust vectoring.
If both planes are really stealthy then not only can the planes not find each other but they cannot be directed by ground control to intercept. It seems to me that there is only any point in having stealth planes when you are the only person with them. They are hugely expensive and not much use when both sides have them. If new and better ways of detecting them are found then again I do not see the point of them.

John

siclick33 01-17-2011 01:42 AM

Bear in mind that stealth is not only used so fighters can't see you but also to penetrate enemy air defences during bombing missions. Stealth is like any other form of technology, it might be worthless if both sides have it but if, on that basis, you decide not to bother then you are certainly at a disadvantage. The same can be said about all other forms of technology (jet engines/missiles etc). If we all made an agreement that we would all fly Spitfires to produce an even playing field at low cost, that would be great. Unfortunately the real world isn't like that and technological development is key to maintaining your competetiveness.

SJN 01-17-2011 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
looks pretty cool

check6ii 01-17-2011 11:03 AM

Who cares?

dubd 01-17-2011 11:49 AM

The REAL question is... do the landing gear work??? :D

hsukaria 01-17-2011 01:32 PM

There are degrees of stealth. How stealthy is it compared to the F-22 or F-35, really?

ddlstang 01-17-2011 01:37 PM

China can make the J-20 for 10cents on the $ , delivered.

a1pcfixer 01-17-2011 01:42 PM

LOL!!! That one cracked me up! LOL!!!
Buy, remember now....we're on the same side.

I heard this once but forget who said it; There's more planes in the oceans, than submarines in the sky.:eek:

hsukaria 01-17-2011 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: a1pcfixer

LOL!!! That one cracked me up! LOL!!!
Buy, remember now....we're on the same side.

I heard this once but forget who said it; There's more planes in the oceans, than submarines in the sky.:eek:
It seems like the Brits had an issue with straight lines. A lot of their planes had nothing but curves, the Spitfire, Vulcan, Concorde, all their wings had curvy lines. None of that straight line stuff!!!!

WhoDaMan 01-17-2011 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
some I do like

bambam102 01-17-2011 05:40 PM

Oh yes the vulcan is pretty cool looking too. The Brits and us ARE on the same side.....AND I dearly love my older brother , but he is not nearly so handsome as I.:D Seriously though, I think the J-20 looks ruff n tuff from the front, has a nice looking planform but the side view looks kinda ungainly, would you guys like it as a model?

invertmast 01-17-2011 05:56 PM

Oh yes the vulcan is pretty cool looking too. The Brits and us ARE on the same side.....AND I dearly love my older brother , but he is not nearly so handsome as I.:D Seriously though, I think the J-20 looks ruff n tuff from the front, has a nice looking planform but the side view looks kinda ungainly, would you guys like it as a model?
No..

bevar 01-17-2011 05:59 PM

Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Must be Fei-Bao...ba ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Good one D!

Beave

ORIGINAL: dubd

The REAL question is... do the landing gear work??? :D

rcguy59 01-17-2011 06:18 PM

I think Flyeagle supplied the gear. It works just fine, but all the air has leaked out by the time the airplane lifts off. Here's another prediction: Divide total J-20 production by five and you have the number of Taiwanese aces at the end of China's next conflict.

hsukaria 01-17-2011 06:33 PM

Did you notice the smog in the picture as the plane is taking off? That might get the plane/pilot before any other plane will.[X(]

Super Kupfer 01-17-2011 10:02 PM

Who cares what China has..........Bla,Bla,Bla.
When was the last time china was involved in a conflict.............They lack the american experience in war.

Gooseman240 01-17-2011 10:17 PM

I don't want to ever witness China and USA dukin it out. Trust me, they will put up a fight that you folks do not want to see. What they lack in equipment, will be made up in manpower that at this point the USA is behind in. Not to diss you folks, but Canada is right here, and will probably be right in the middle of all this..... hopefully you can help defend your energy intrests found from your friends to the north.

rcguy59 01-17-2011 11:00 PM

The standing joke in the USSR's Red Army was that on the first day of war with China, they would kill a million Chinese. On the second day they would kill five million and on the third day they would kill ten million Chinese. Then, on the fourth day, they would surrender to the Chinese.

psb667 01-17-2011 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Jgwright

John
lmao

psb667 01-17-2011 11:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Super Kupfer

Who cares what China has..........Bla,Bla,Bla.
When was the last time china was involved in a conflict.............They lack the american experience in war.

Are you serious? ever hear of the korean war or the flying tigers or perhaps vietnam lets go back to ww1 when they had the japanese and the british crawling up there ass. Im not interested in a pissing contest so try to be objective and maybe do a little reading.

Doug Cronkhite 01-18-2011 01:40 AM

The engine exhaust has 2 problems that I can see. It is not low-observable to radar with those uncovered turkey feathers, and it's going to give off one hell of an IR signature. The rest of the airplane looks pretty good from the LO standpoint, well.. other than the apparent lack of any sort of RADAR absorbing materials in the canopy. Engineers in the Have Blue program prior to building the F-117 learned pretty early on that one of the biggest offenders on a LO airplane is the pilot's head and helmet.

SJN 01-18-2011 01:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)

bambam102 01-18-2011 02:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

The engine exhaust has 2 problems that I can see. It is not low-observable to radar with those uncovered turkey feathers, and it's going to give off one hell of an IR signature. The rest of the airplane looks pretty good from the LO standpoint, well.. other than the apparent lack of any sort of RADAR absorbing materials in the canopy. Engineers in the Have Blue program prior to building the F-117 learned pretty early on that one of the biggest offenders on a LO airplane is the pilot's head and helmet.

And the GIGANTAHUMOUNGanourmous canards..... stealthy as an African bull elephant.

rcairflr 01-18-2011 04:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Gooseman240

I don't want to ever witness China and USA dukin it out. Trust me, they will put up a fight that you folks do not want to see. What they lack in equipment, will be made up in manpower that at this point the USA is behind in. Not to diss you folks, but Canada is right here, and will probably be right in the middle of all this..... hopefully you can help defend your energy intrests found from your friends to the north.
You seem to be one of the few here who understand the threat the Chinese pose. In the very near future they will be the dominant military and economic superpower in the world. Yes I said dominant, that means that the USA will be number 2. We as a country had better get our act together if we want to prevent this. The USA is burdened with an incredible amount of debt and China has buckets of money it hasn't even opened yet. A war with China would be like no other war we have ever experienced. In the last 10 years they have experienced growth in their economy of 4 fold and their military is expanding as well.

The US has economic, political and social problems that are crippling our ability to remain a world superpower and our military spending is starting to decrease, while at the same time the Chinese are expanding their military, not only their Air force but their Navy as well. They are expanding at a rate that has taken our military authorities by surprise and if any of you don't think they are concerned about this, then you abviously have your heads in the sand.

Yes if the US and China went to war today, the US could and would win, but what about 10 years from now?