RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10337656-jr-stops-sales-2-4-last-night-upgrade.html)

747junky 02-15-2011 07:36 AM

JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade

JR has stopped the sales of all there radios until the end of Feb- Begin of March due to all upgrades to DSMx. I was going to purchase a radio today and I was advised that they are all out of stock until further notice.

rhklenke 02-15-2011 07:55 AM

RE: JR stops the sales of 2.4 as of last night for upgrade

I thought that they were still going to sell DSM2 stuff?

Bob

vasek 02-15-2011 08:07 AM

Bob, I believe JR won't continue DSM2 but Spektrum will.

jbrown 02-15-2011 08:13 AM

There's nothing on Horizon's web site about this???

Modellbau USA 02-15-2011 08:26 AM

Call them I just confirmed it is true. I called to place an order for a customer and They told me that they are no longer selling DSM2 and all Radio's are out of stock until upgraded to DSMX. The do not have a definite date for sales to commence again

WhoDaMan 02-15-2011 08:42 AM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
I have been waiting for this
Smart move on there part

basimpsn 02-15-2011 09:47 AM

Now I have to wait again for DSMX to prove it self before changing from 72 mhz to 2.4 Ghz :).

rcjets12 02-15-2011 11:32 AM

I guess all of us that have DSM2 won't be able to upgrade to DSMX. Thats sucks

gruntled 02-15-2011 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: rcjets12

I guess all of us that have DSM2 won't be able to upgrade to DSMX. Thats sucks
Transmitters can be upgraded - not receivers.
<br type="_moz" />

rusty55125 02-15-2011 12:09 PM

Is anyone else wondering why they are no longer going to sell the older DSM2 they have in stock? Have they not assured everyone that the system is completely safe? Apparently people still want the systems, even with the new DSMX becoming available. Is there some kind of liability issue with selling out there older stock of DSM2? If not, why not just discontinue and sell the remaining stock?

WhoDaMan 02-15-2011 12:25 PM

Good questions Rusty

Dave

ORIGINAL: rusty55125

Is anyone else wondering why they are no longer going to sell the older DSM2 they have in stock? Have they not assured everyone that the system is completely safe? Apparently people still want the systems, even with the new DSMX becoming available. Is there some kind of liability issue with selling out there older stock of DSM2? If not, why not just discontinue and sell the remaining stock?

digitech 02-15-2011 12:37 PM

why not update the old stock first and sell them as dsmx

otherwise they will be overflowed with customers wanting to upgrade to dsmx.
i think its a good call..

DominicM 02-15-2011 12:50 PM

So I can't even upgrade the 12 channel Spektrum Powerbox Royal that I paid a fortune for?! MARVELLOUS

sailing1 02-15-2011 01:13 PM

Understand shutting down to start upgrading, but why not have new product available to sell as well?

Turbinac 02-15-2011 01:30 PM

Can anyone produce an actual announcement from JR about this?

Bob_B 02-15-2011 01:46 PM

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=JRP1200X

olnico 02-15-2011 01:48 PM

Is there some kind of liability issue with selling out there older stock of DSM2?
Apparently there is. Otherwise they would not have abruptly stopped selling this technology like that.

WhoDaMan 02-15-2011 01:58 PM

That is what I think Oli
There has to be, why can I go to were 100 flyer's are and feel better about my reciever I would think it must be a better system

Dave

ORIGINAL: olnico

Is there some kind of liability issue with selling out there older stock of DSM2?
Apparently there is. Otherwise they would not have abruptly stopped selling this technology like that.

WhoDaMan 02-15-2011 02:21 PM

John Redman sent me this and said I could post it so here ya go

They are reprogramming all of them for DSMX. Reason being is for most who buy the JR 9503, 11X, and 12X; they are purchasing a high end, pro-class radio. For this it is believed they would be the ones who most likely woudl be interested in DSMX so that is the reason. Nothing more. Really just trying to serve the end JR user the best we can.

Unfortunately, all neccessary material required to ensure this would happen before the release was late (seems to be the story of our life). So we have had to hold sales off for a few days to get it done.

DSM2 is still a very solid system which I will be flying at Florida Jets.

Hope this helps. You can post this up and say it came from the Team.

JR

John Redman 02-15-2011 02:25 PM

Hey Dave,

Love your signature line: Fly for fun,,,,,Live in Peace.

Now we both know that isn't possible on RCU.:D

WhoDaMan 02-15-2011 02:30 PM

Thanks for the reply Bro,,,
And Amen to that

Were is Da love

ORIGINAL: John Redman

Hey Dave,

Love your signature line: Fly for fun,,,,,Live in Peace.

Now we both know that isn't possible on RCU.:D

Phoenixangel 02-15-2011 02:39 PM

All transmitters can be upgraded. Info and pricing here http://www.horizonhobby.com/DSMX/

obiwan12 02-15-2011 03:03 PM

DSM, DSM2 technology was junk from day 1. It only took them 8 years to realize locking onto two specific channels was a bad idea and copying Futaba was a good idea. (Not saying JR is junk, but the theory behind the signal transmission was flawed from the beginning.)

Couch Potato 02-15-2011 03:18 PM

An enterprising person would have made a deal with Horizon to buy up all the DSM Rx stock and then sell them at elevated prices ! :D

WEAVE 02-15-2011 03:27 PM

Why is that someone always feels the need to bad mouth other companys equipment when that statement is untrue. To say that 2.4 was junk is crazy I have been flying JR for over 35 years and yes I have had problems but I also had problems with Pro-Line , MRC, Futaba etc. But for me 2.4 has been a Godsend I have yet to have a problem and the fact that I have not been shot down like I have had 3 times on 72 it is just great. I will agree tha newer stuff is always around the corner but to just bad mouth 2.4 is uncalled for we need to be more positive instead of negative as for mysely I am glad to be flying 2.4 Ronnie. TopGun builder and Pilot.