RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Out of the office for a while, and turnkey model deliveries (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10429656-out-office-while-turnkey-model-deliveries.html)

Ali 03-29-2011 02:18 AM

Out of the office for a while, and turnkey model deliveries

1 Attachment(s)
I have been called away to a job that will see me out of the office for at least 4 weeks. Bussiness should run pretty much as normal. I have Steven and Simon who will run the jet Centre, and I myself will try to maintain the same Email availability as I do when I am at home. So any enquiries that my guys are not 100% sure about, they can pass through me. As always, please feel free to email me questions on anything jet, or model related at anytime, and I will do my best to answer them as promptly as possible.
Just out of interest, I will be be going to visit my longest standing, and most prolific customer. He has asked me to visit and help him with his collection of model aircraft. Maintaining them, and getting them ready for flight. Then flying, demoing and teaching himself and some local pilots about all things jet related.
I am really keen and excited to see what is waiting for me, as I am pretty confident that this customer must have the largest, and most impressive model collection anywhere in the world. I may be wrong, but I for one have not seen anyone on my travels that has such a vast array of high end models as he does, and hopefully I will get a chance to play with many of them over the next month.
The end goal is to host the very first flying event in this country, and I am sure some of my customers collection will feature heavily in this display. I will try to keep you updated with photos, as I am sure allot of you are as keen as I am to see such a collection of model aircraft?
Just to give you some sort of idea, with the numbers we are talking about.. I attach some cell phone photos of the last shipment that we sent out there 6 weeks ago. All of the crates that you see are full to the brim. I also get asked quite often how we pack these ready to fly models on their journeys overseas, so thought these photos may be of some help.
Mainly with heli's on this shipment, but right now we are prepping another shipment that will go with me. This shipment is coming in at about he same sort of volumetric rate, but this time its full of jets! :D To put his collection into context, these two shipments, wont even account for 1/4 of what has been sent to him over the years.... Oh how the other half live hey? I am getting the feeling that I am going to be like a very excited kid, in a very large and well stocked workshop!
Regards Al

Ali 03-29-2011 02:30 AM

RE: Out of the office for a while, and turnkey model deliveries

1 Attachment(s)
A few more from the first shipment... Sorry for the lack of pure jet content, but at least the Egg whisks ( helis ) are mainly turbine powered ;) Out of interest... The red Hawk is in fact the very same model that Thomas Gleissner won the WJM with in Hungary! It came up like new after a quick polish [8D]

figueroa 03-29-2011 02:37 AM

Ali,
You are one lucky guy to take part in such a hobby related venture.
Can't wait to see the shop and the collection of models.
Have fun.
Jose

schroedm 03-29-2011 02:39 AM

Enjoy it mate!

When you see his collection you'll suddenly realise how many models you've owned too :D

Vincent 03-29-2011 03:09 AM

Ali,
After that order you can take the rest of the year off!! WOW!![:-] Look forward to seeing some photos of your trip.
Vin...

Alex48 03-29-2011 06:34 AM

Good luck with the trip mate, enjoy...

Should have a few more models ready for your collection when you return :) unless your fed up with toy planes by then in which case I'll hang to them for you.

Cheers

AndyAndrews 03-29-2011 07:15 AM

Going back to UAE again eh? lol. What a cool job you have.. And you get to make good $$ doing it to. Congrats!

David Searles 03-29-2011 08:36 AM

Ali,

Have a great time, & stay safe! We'll miss you at CA Jets this year! I was hoping to have you put in some flights on my Comp ARF
A-4, if I got it finished in time.

You should plan to attend Jets over KY this summer!

David S

Nhalyn 03-29-2011 08:38 AM

It's an other planet ! [X(]

Enjoy it, Ali !

Could you negociate a direct pipeline of kero directly from source ? :D

bigplumbs 03-29-2011 09:26 AM

Dont get caught up in any unrest over there [X(]

Have fun

Dennis

storrie23 03-29-2011 11:56 AM

Ali
Have fun, let me know when you are returning to the USA so we can hook up. Pablo is trying to get these gliders flying.I think you must keep an eye on him.
Best Regards
Chuck

ianober 03-29-2011 12:20 PM

HOLY SH$T!!!!! That collection is insane!! Yes, do come back in one piece ;-)!

BaldEagel 03-29-2011 02:23 PM

Ali

Have fun over there.

Just one thing, your comment "Oh how the other half live hey?" its more like "Oh how 0.02% of the rest of the world live" ;)

Ali 03-30-2011 03:26 AM

Jose,
Trust me.. I never take for granted how lucky I am to have such a wonderful hobby as my job!
Mark.
I have been wondering that myself. When I think through the list in my head its quite scary. Some of them I look forward to seeing... Some of them I dont ( As I know I will want to bring them home with me.... I am just wondering if I convince my client that some of them need to come back to the UK for some love)
Vin.
Year off!!!! A week would be nice ;) I am back from this trip for about 5 days before I had off to Joe Nall. ( But I guess thats just play)
Alex.
You know I will never get fed up with the toys you build me... but nice try
Andy.
Not the UAE. This time its Saudi Arabia
David.
Sorry that I am going to miss Cali jets.. dont rush your A-4. I will be back your way for Best in the west, and will be happy to assist with any flying, especially of your exquisite fleet!
Nhayln.
LOL.. Anyone knopw where I can get some Kero from in Jeddah :D
Dennis.
I will try my best. So far so good.. The only unrest is what I am causing.
Chuck.
Hey buddy.. I am back soon for Joe Nall. I here that you might be joining us?? Would be great of you can. You know very well that you need to keep both eyes on Pablo. ;)
Ian.
Honestly... You have soon nothing yet. This was just a stop gap order as he had some spare space on a particular shipment. I am here now and found out that this collection is too big to be housed in one place, and is in fact in three different locations. I will try to document it if I can.
Very true Mike, very true!
Regards Al

Ali 03-30-2011 03:39 AM

Another reason for my visit to Saudi ( Which I did not know if I was allowed to mention till today) Is to help run the very first Aero modelling event in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
I am sat now at the Royal Saudi Aviation association head offices working through various plans, and ideas for the event itself.
The event will run from the 6th of April right through to the 14th. The idea of the event is to help establish and develop RC aero modelling is the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The aim is to start small ( with a small event and various low key competitions ) open to all RC enthusiasts from the gulf states, and of course the viewing public. The hope is for future events to open this competition up to all internationals ( Just as the Saudi Aviation association has managed to do with the sports of Skydiving and paramotoring)
I am really honoured to be involved in such an event. This is not the first time that I have attended an event such as this ( Where it is the first for a country to host an RC event) But it is the first that I attend in such an official role. Normally I am just flying, but this time I will also be advising on various aspects aero modelling related, based on my experience built by attending similar such gatherings across the world. It is really quite exciting to be involved in such a new and developing part of the hobby. I will be sure to keep you guys updated as things happen.
In a few moments, we are heading to the flying field to see what I have to work with.
Regards Al

Joe C 03-30-2011 07:38 AM

Best of luck over there Ali.

jetmodeller 03-30-2011 09:57 AM

Hi Ali if you should need any help ie pit crew ,flight line marshall or any thing else let me know, i am very cheap,have fun, i know you will regards Keith Whiddett ps i even speak a little arabic!!!i spent 8 months working in cairo.

gonzalom 03-30-2011 10:08 AM

OMG This is amazing! I love the boxes with so many scale helicopters! if you need any help seting up thoese large choppers with the multiblades let me know :D!
I am a phone call away or better send me a jet to pick me up from Northern California :D

What a dream trip!

Enjoy my friend every minute!

Gonzalo

i3dm 03-30-2011 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Ali

Another reason for my visit to Saudi ( Which I did not know if I was allowed to mention till today) Is to help run the very first Aero modelling event in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
I am sat now at the Royal Saudi Aviation association head offices working through various plans, and ideas for the event itself.
The event will run from the 6th of April right through to the 14th. The idea of the event is to help establish and develop RC aero modelling is the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The aim is to start small ( with a small event and various low key competitions ) open to all RC enthusiasts from the gulf states, and of course the viewing public. The hope is for future events to open this competition up to all internationals ( Just as the Saudi Aviation association has managed to do with the sports of Skydiving and paramotoring)
I am really honoured to be involved in such an event. This is not the first time that I have attended an event such as this ( Where it is the first for a country to host an RC event) But it is the first that I attend in such an official role. Normally I am just flying, but this time I will also be advising on various aspects aero modelling related, based on my experience built by attending similar such gatherings across the world. It is really quite exciting to be involved in such a new and developing part of the hobby. I will be sure to keep you guys updated as things happen.
In a few moments, we are heading to the flying field to see what I have to work with.
Regards Al

Can i bring friends? :)

AFTERBURNER1 03-30-2011 02:58 PM

The chopper collection is off the hook!!!!

Have fun out there neckmeat! Uhhhhhhhhh:D

Philip Cooper 04-01-2011 01:10 PM

Booorrriiinnngg....

Your gonna miss the mud + rain + wind :)

You know it.

Joe C 04-01-2011 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

The chopper collection is off the hook!!!!

Have fun out there neckmeat! Uhhhhhhhhh:D
I'll give you neckmeat!!!

AFTERBURNER1 04-01-2011 07:38 PM

:eek: uhhhhhhh:D

Ali 04-02-2011 05:44 AM

Busted Dougie....
Just for that.. I wouldnt let Mr D fly your jets no more Joe[>:] Wind, rain and mud... mmmmm what a thought. Its sunny. Mid to high 80's and 5mph winds here so far. Nothing exciting to report as yet. We have mainly be going through the site planning ( Had a meeting with the runway planners today ) I am told the 300M x 30M wide runway will be all but done in a few days..... This I gotta see, as right now its just a lump of compacted sand jutting out into the sea on the main Jeddah seafront area.
Thanks for all your offers of help guys. Much appreciated :D
Gonzalo... Be expecting a call.. You are going to regret that kind offer LOL

Ali 04-03-2011 05:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Runway was started today. and already the contractors have levelled the top surface and are marking out the runway layout ( Wow, its going to be a big area)
The next shipment of models has now left the Uk, and will be due to land here on Tuesday. We had a slight delay as the shipment was so large that it could not go commercial. We had to wait for a cargo 747 to fly it out. Here are a few ( Sorry again fro the crappy cell phone quality) shots of 3 of the 5 boxes heading out this time.
Total volumetric weight of this shipment was 3043 KG !!!! Yes thats right. Three thousand and forty three Kilo Grams! I am hoping to get a bit more than just a card from my freight forwarder this Christmas :D