RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Mig 15 With Jetcat P20 Build Thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10519002-mig-15-jetcat-p20-build-thread.html)

bigplumbs 08-08-2011 11:19 PM

RE: Mig 15 With Jetcat P20 Build Thread

Well we have now had 5 flights on the little P20 Powered Mig 15 now and I am very pleased indeed. On the last outing a friend and fellow club member made a little video which I am pleased with particularly as it was only shot on an Iphone. Many thanks to Lee for doing this so well and of course 3dflip for the good flying parts. The high viz on the plane is because being silver she is a little difficult to see. Hope you enjoy the little video

If anyone is wondering what REG stands for it is Random Excuse Generator :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MIfnaHiEl8[/youtube]

BaldEagel 08-08-2011 11:36 PM

Dennis

Brilliant, really does show that the P20 is enough for this airframe weight and size, good show.

Mike

bigplumbs 08-08-2011 11:50 PM

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

Dennis

Brilliant, really does show that the P20 is enough for this airframe weight and size, good show.

Mike
Thanks Mike much appreciated............ Remember it was you who alerted me to this airframe in the first place. Now I need to get on a build the Red one in electric with the 90 mm lander fan to see how they compare.

Dennis

Jgwright 08-09-2011 01:16 AM

Dennis

Well done with your efforts with this plane, looks a nice match for the engine, I think better than the Habu and it is scale! I look forward to seeing it fly.

John

Xairflyer 08-09-2011 02:50 AM

Yes much better than these Habu's which still look like Foam EDF's this looks the part, pity they would'nt do one just a little bigger for a P60

Dennis do you just build and others fly!

bigplumbs 08-09-2011 02:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

Yes much better than these Habu's which still look like Foam EDF's this looks the part, pity they would'nt do one just a little bigger for a P60

Dennis do you just build and others fly!

No I fly as well and have flown the Mig. For the main pics and video I have a far better pilot than me 3DFlip do the flying.

I have just ordered another of these Migs in Red to do as Turbine so I can see it better. I also have a red one to to EDF to compare

Dennis

Xairflyer 08-09-2011 04:00 AM

Yes the red one looks good

jetmodeller 08-09-2011 11:57 AM

Hi dennis i have a T shirt for you to take to Jetpower,it says i am BIG PLUMBS aka Dennis,would you like it or should i give it to Steve!!! regards Keith

bigplumbs 08-09-2011 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: jetmodeller

Hi dennis i have a T shirt for you to take to Jetpower,it says i am BIG PLUMBS aka Dennis,would you like it or should i give it to Steve!!! regards Keith

Do you think it will fit me

Dennis

bigplumbs 08-23-2011 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The nose wheel on this plane tends to kick fod up into the wheel well which in turn gets sucked towards the turbine. Even with the patent Fod guard :D this is not good. I have therefore spent a half hour or so building a little box insid the wheel well t otry to prevent this. I will paint the inside with thin epoxy to waterproof it a little.

Dennis

bigplumbs 08-23-2011 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think someone needs to tidy up their workbench [X(]

Dennis

BaldEagel 08-23-2011 02:11 PM

That's what work benches are supposed to look like. :D

Mike

3d flip 08-23-2011 02:20 PM

You should see where he keeps his toys, it makes his workshop look tidy :D

cosmo21 10-31-2011 03:50 AM

Gday Dennis, I ve got one of these nearly complete, I was wondering what the CG you ended up using?

Cheers
Matt

bigplumbs 10-31-2011 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: cosmo21

Gday Dennis, I ve got one of these nearly complete, I was wondering what the CG you ended up using?

Cheers
Matt

If you read back through this thread you will find some info on CG. The place I finished up with was at a pronounced bump on the botton of the fuz. I was towards the front of this bump

Dennis

cosmo21 10-31-2011 06:03 PM

Thanks mate, Ive read your thread a few time, has been very handy for the build. I will balance her there at the bump. About 170mm back from LE where it joins the fuz. It'll work out nice.

cheers

Matt

rcpilot1982 02-13-2012 07:42 PM

i just got this plane today and found that when i stick the elevator halves on that if i make the elevator stab sit flat against the body of the plane that the elevator flap hits the body of the plane and to get the flap away from the body then it will stick out off to the side of the plane and not sit flush with the side of the front part of the elevator assembly.i did find that if i installed the carbon spar first and then install each half of the elevator that the elevator halves are not able to sit flush all the way and sit forward leaving a gap at the back and allow the flaps to move while staying alighned.you can see the carbon rod a bit since there is a gap between each elevator half....am i to cut the rod so that the elevator halves sit completly flat against the rudder mounting flats and sand down the inner parts of the elevator flaps so they dont hit the ruddder

snoshoe62 03-11-2012 05:30 AM

Dennis, Nice build. I was following to gain some info on the nose gear install. It looks to be very easy in your setup as you had the duct cut away and alot of access through the inside. How about an electric setup where inside access basically does not exist? I see you intended to build an EDF version, wondered if you crossed this bridge yet...if so any pics?

BaldEagel 03-11-2012 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: snoshoe62

Dennis, Nice build. I was following to gain some info on the nose gear install. It looks to be very easy in your setup as you had the duct cut away and alot of access through the inside. How about an electric setup where inside access basically does not exist? I see you intended to build an EDF version, wondered if you crossed this bridge yet...if so any pics?
Dennis is persona non grata on RCU and is no longer allowed to post.

Mike

Arruda 03-12-2012 02:00 PM

Dennis did an excellent thread and I was looking for new projects of him.
There are not many people with this patience and knowledge to make a thread like this one.
I don’t know what he did to became “persona non grata”, but it is really a shame.
<br type="_moz"/>

K-A 11-30-2012 02:24 PM

Hi I am building one of these at the moment and I wonder if someone has the correct throws on the elevator and ailerons to share?

BRG K-A

Xairflyer 12-01-2012 09:42 AM

Denis has a lot of new models on the go from what I hear but unfortunately we will not get to see any on RCU

BaldEagel 12-01-2012 03:41 PM

Agreed, rather a shame that those who do not like the truth have a bigger sway on RCU than those that tell the truth.

Mike

tridente 12-31-2013 12:06 AM

Hello,

i am andreas from germany. i also built the mig 15 with (kolibri) mini turbine.
For correct CG i need 800 gr. akku and weight in the nose.

How much weight (blei) do you have in nose?

Regards andreas

Henke Torphammar 12-31-2013 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by tridente (Post 11697379)
Hello,

i am andreas from germany. i also built the mig 15 with (kolibri) mini turbine.
For correct CG i need 800 gr. akku and weight in the nose.

How much weight (blei) do you have in nose?

Regards andreas

I sent a PM to Dennis at rcgroups as he apparently still are banned from here. I will keep you updated :)