RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Jet central done it again (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10565110-jet-central-done-again.html)

martin.lees1 06-09-2011 10:04 AM

Jet central done it again

After several months of frustration with my Falcon, problem after problem
E mail after E mail,
It was finally sorted today, a ups delivery from jet central, upon opening the
box in there was a new kerostart Rabbit.
Many thanks to all at Jet central & our u.k. dealer Rob Rowbotham
I will look forward to replacing the Falcon in my Harpoon 2.
Excellent customer service once again from the Jet central team.

Rgds Martin Lees.

jetrichie 06-09-2011 11:56 AM

RE: Jet central done it again

Jet Central is becoming "THE" turbine I will soon be buying my third!

FenderBean 06-09-2011 11:59 AM

proud owner of 2 and service is great, i just hope they dont forget what people like about them.

molo_30 06-09-2011 12:26 PM

SO what was the original problem?

FenderBean 06-09-2011 12:43 PM

did they just finally replace it for you?

martin.lees1 06-09-2011 01:40 PM

I have had problems with the pump, Ecu,s &
starter motors,

Yes they have replaced it today.

Rgds Martin.

FenderBean 06-09-2011 02:02 PM

Thats the kind of service that makes me a life long customer! Kinda like with DA , Futaba (Not that Futaba would ever do that), OS

zonker123 06-09-2011 04:31 PM

You will like the Rabbit.
Will make flying your jet an every weekend habit.
Only problem with that it will make you want to spend money on more jets dagnabbit!!

giddyuperic 06-09-2011 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: martin.lees1

I have had problems with the pump, Ecu,s &
starter motors,

Yes they have replaced it today.

Rgds Martin.
Did you have to return the bad one or did they just send a new and that is it? That is great service

bevar 06-10-2011 04:50 AM

Just curious since I never owned a Falcon...but is not a Falcon a 22 pound thrust motor and a Rabbit is a 19 or 20 pounder?

Unless you picked up the Falcon used and they then swapped it out...I think you got shorted.

From what you describe it was a nightmare turbine that never worked so I would think they wold have at least matched the power you were supposed to have with a Cheetah all things considered.

Beave

sailing1 06-10-2011 05:12 AM

He came out the big winner on a Rabbit/Falcon swap. Net power is way in the Rabbit's favor after you consider the difference in weight of the bare trubine and the better fuel burn rate. You actually end up with a much lighter total weight for your plane. Throw in fast spool up and it is no brain'er.

Robrow 06-10-2011 05:23 AM

Martin is very happy with the Rabbit, it's a generation later than the Falcon with all the benefits that brings, improved efficiency, lighter, smaller and kero start. In terms of flight performance the Harpoon will have at least the same thrust/weight ratio, lower wing loading, etc.

Rob.

ORIGINAL: bevar

Just curious since I never owned a Falcon...but is not a Falcon a 22 pound thrust motor and a Rabbit is a 19 or 20 pounder?

Unless you picked up the Falcon used and they then swapped it out...I think you got shorted.

From what you describe it was a nightmare turbine that never worked so I would think they wold have at least matched the power you were supposed to have with a Cheetah all things considered.

Beave

Ali 06-10-2011 05:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds like Martin was pretty well looked after to me, and his posts certainly read as happy. Good job to Jet central and Rob Rowbotham for taking care of the customer.
I have learnt over the years that every turbine manufacturer has issues. Sure.. Some more serious than others, but I have yet to come across a fault free one as yet.... and I try to use as many different types as I can. The difference seems to be in how often these "issues" arise, how they are resolved, and most importantly how the customer is looked after.
I have only owned three Jet Central's so far, and all i can report is outstanding service from the factory.
To me.. it reads as if a post in this thread has a tinge of........ :D:D

bevar 06-10-2011 05:28 AM

What are the actual numbers? How much lighter is the Rabbit over the Falcon? How much less is the fuel burn? What is the spool time difference?

I own a Rabbit and it's fine, but you make the Falcon sound like it was a slow, overweight gas guzzling clunker...which it was not. To loose 2 to 3 pounds of thrust does not sound like an even trade to me.

Beave

ORIGINAL: sailing1

He came out the big winner on a Rabbit/Falcon swap. Net power is way in the Rabbit's favor after you consider the difference in weight of the bare trubine and the better fuel burn rate. You actually end up with a much lighter total weight for your plane. Throw in fast spool up and it is no brain'er.

bevar 06-10-2011 05:38 AM

Ali,

Not at all...I know what you are saying. :) It's an open topic and it's an honest question. As you say, no turbine company make perfect gems. I have owned Jetcats, PSTs, Jet Centrals and EVO motors and not a single one has been fault free...that's just the way it goes.

Now, if Martin had bought the turbine 2nd hand w/o warranty and they replaced it...that is outstanding...no question there.

Just asking ...

Beave

ORIGINAL: Ali

Sounds like Martin was pretty well looked after to me, and his posts certainly read as happy. Good job to Jet central and Rob Rowbotham for taking care of the customer.
I have learnt over the years that every turbine manufacturer has issues. Sure.. Some more serious than others, but I have yet to come across a fault free one as yet.... and I try to use as many different types as I can. The difference seems to be in how often these ''issues'' arise, how they are resolved, and most importantly how the customer is looked after.
I have only owned three Jet Central's so far, and all i can report is outstanding service from the factory.
To me.. it reads as if a post in this thread has a tinge of........ :D:D

BluFox 06-10-2011 05:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Boli. . .

"Even after you leave the flock. . .we still have your back !"

See you in Kentucky !

Cheers,
Eric

bevar 06-10-2011 05:41 AM

Now that's funny!

B

ORIGINAL: BluFox

Boli. . .

''Even after you leave the flock. . .we still have your back !''

See you in Kentucky !

Cheers,
Eric

C185Pilot 06-10-2011 06:15 AM

Eric and the guys in Mexico City have been outstanding in responding to any and all issues. Say what you want I am a Jet Central fan...have owned three so far.

martin.lees1 06-10-2011 06:49 AM

The Falcon eng was second hand when i bought it but it still came with the
lifetime warranty .
As previously stated yes the turbine will be lower thrust than the Falcon but as Rob says it will
use less fuel & is 1 1/2 ibs lighter.

Rgds Martin.

BluFox 06-10-2011 07:29 AM

Boli:

This is excellent. . .I just finished a telephone call with MEX corporate office. I am happy to announce, we are pleased to offer you a NIB Jet Central Falcon in exchange for your Rabbit. This offer includes prepaid shipping for the Falcon to your home. . .and, prepaid return shipping for your Rabbit and parts to my office in Florida. The jf100 Falcon complete turbine system comes with our industry first, Lifetime Warranty !

This will give you the added thrust of three plus pounds, the latest state of the art Xicoy ECU, ceramic ignitor start system as well as updated solenoids for your installation.

You may accept this offer via this forum. . .or by email direct to myself or Felipe'. We look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Kindest regards,
Eric

bevar 06-10-2011 07:55 AM

Ha ha...that's a good one! Since you told me last year that the Falcon was no longer in production...I really appreciate the kindest and most generous offer Felipe has made of retooling the line just for me! Unfortunately I believe I will decline at this time.

The Rabbit does just fine in the BoliCat...at least for now it will probably remain that way.

See you at Kentucky!

B

ORIGINAL: BluFox

Boli:

This is excellent. . .I just finished a telephone call with MEX corporate office. I am happy to announce, we are pleased to offer you a NIB Jet Central Falcon in exchange for your Rabbit. This offer includes prepaid shipping for the Falcon to your home. . .and, prepaid return shipping for your Rabbit and parts to my office in Florida. The jf100 Falcon complete turbine system comes with our industry first, Lifetime Warranty !

This will give you the added thrust of three plus pounds, the latest state of the art Xicoy ECU, ceramic ignitor start system as well as updated solenoids for your installation.

You may accept this offer via this forum. . .or by email direct to myself or Felipe'. We look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Kindest regards,
Eric

rcjets_63 06-10-2011 08:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is that offer valid only for Boli? I wouldn't mind trading in my rabbit for a NIB Jet Central Falcon.

My rabbit is in almost new condition. It hasn't been flown and definitely hasn't crashed. Overall I'd say it's in pretty good condition but it is due for a good cleaning as there's some maple syrup residue on it's head.

I'll send you my address so you can ship me the turbine and the pre-paid shipping label for my rabbit.

Thanks,

Jim

Robrow 06-10-2011 08:57 AM

As you know companies like Jet Central and Jets Munt never stand still with new and existing products constantly being developed, this is a huge area which most people overlook when paying for their latest pride and joy. :D

Between the Falcon and Rabbit there has been a few years of development so inevitably there are going to be gains in most areas. That does not mean to say there was anything wrong with the original product, you could for example compare the KJ66 with the Super Eagle and the Super Eagle with the Rhino or M170, all pretty much the same size but 17lbs thrust for the KJ up to 36+ for the Rhino/Merlin.

I remember in the early days when I first built a few KJ's from plans and was asked to represent Jesus Artes, Gaspar Espiell and Chris Mounkley here in the UK, having been used to flying my KJ's I did my first KJ/JG 100 conversion from a kit......wow! what a difference, and subsequently went on the fly the TJT 3000, but there was still nothing wrong with the KJ. :)

Rob.

BluFox 06-10-2011 09:27 AM

Boli:

You said:
Ha ha...that's a good one! Since you told me last year that the Falcon was no longer in production...I really appreciate the kindest and most generous offer Felipe has made of retooling the line just for me! Unfortunately I believe I will decline at this time.

No problem. . .however, just want you to know, production of Falcon was terminated. However, Jet Central's position is to respond to the needs of our customers. Falcon parts on the shelf for service support. . . when collected, end up being a turbine ! Tooling is never an issue. . .it's all in a CAD program !

Regards,
Eric

rcjets_63 06-10-2011 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Eric,

I sent you a PM with my address for you to ship the Jet Central Falcon. Be sure to include the prepaid shipping label for my rabbit. I've got the box for the rabbit all prepared with plenty of padding (wood chips and newspaper mostly) and I've tossed in a good amount of lettuce so UPS 5-day ground shouldn't be a problem at all.

That's fantastic news that you've still got Falcon parts. It's great to hear that when I stuff my next plane into the ground (I'm a better engineer than a pilot as anyone who has seen me fly will tell you) I can send the turbine back to Jet Central and take advantage of the lifetime warranty and excellent customer service.

Warm Regards,

Jim