RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   The new Modellbau HURRICANE (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10631361-new-modellbau-hurricane.html)

Modellbau USA 07-20-2011 08:21 PM

The new Modellbau HURRICANE

1 Attachment(s)
We would like to introduce the new Hurricane Sport Jet. It is made for any turbine 12lb-18lb ( King Tech K80, Jet Cat P60 ). It has a 60 inch wing span and a 67 inch fuselage. Wing Area is 961 sq in. and flying weight is 15lb. with out fuel ready to fly. The fuselage is Fiberglass with carbon fiber reinforcements and the wings are built up glassed and painted. The ARF kit will include our Spring Air Red Jet series retracts, dual walled exhaust pipe and composite fuel tanks and extensive hardware package, we do not have a firm price yet but it will be under $1000. We have also made custom trailing link struts for this airplane that is great for grass operation.

The fuselage is two pieces so the box will be fairly small for world wide shipping. We are expecting delivery late Sept. early October. At this time we are only making the below paint scheme and in primer. The factory prototype had a top speed of 200MPH and slowed down to 20 mph for landing. We used a King Tech K80F and our struts wheels and brakes. I got the chance to fly it last week and it tracks like an arrow at all speeds.<br type="_moz" />

Jim Cattanach 07-20-2011 09:16 PM

RE: The new Modellbau HURRICANE

Looks nice & should sell well as it includes tanks, pipe & gear at under $1,000. Good idea to keep the shipping package as small as possible. International shipping costs kill a lot of sales.

molo_30 07-21-2011 01:41 AM

Keep them coming Henry, your a legend!

invertmast 07-21-2011 03:13 AM

Well, i think this is going to have to go on the purchase list..

David Jackson 07-21-2011 03:38 AM

Any flight video of the Hurricane? What is the fuel tank capacity?[8D]

Modellbau USA 07-21-2011 04:09 AM

We do not have flight video's of the airplane since the one we are flying currently is just in primer and was the test bed for different wings, stabs and rudder's. I will have my Factory Demo in about 2-3 weeks which is painted and complete I will then take video. The fuel tanks will be around 80 oz of fuel. Just like our other airplanes it is made for a 12lb -18 lb thrust turbine. It is not made for anything bigger what so ever, structurally it was designed around a King Tech K80F which has 18.5 lb of thrust. We do not recommend in any way putting a bigger turbine in it. So with a K80F we have gotten 8.5 minutes of flight time

Newskin78 07-21-2011 05:29 AM

very nice job thats awesome. Finally a sport jet that is affordable, put me down for one. I own an Lightning with a P200 but I have been looking for a Sport jet that I dont have get nervous about flying because of the cost.

RCISFUN 07-21-2011 05:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Your Bird looks great
However the Name Hurricane was used by Ron Doctorick RCU Screen Name (G4guy) in 2009 for his scratch design sport jet. ;)
If your search RCU (is you have an hour to wait while it searches :( )you will find the thread. ;)

readyturn 07-21-2011 05:53 AM

Henry,

Looks good......... and I just paid you for the "DOG" and now this comes out....................

Oh well, maybe one more won't hurt! :)

Rick

bevar 07-21-2011 05:56 AM

Henry,

I like it!

Beave

747junky 07-21-2011 06:15 AM

The plane looks great very nice Job. Keep bring the Bad weather LOL. I have a question I just read on the Tornado thread that you are making a TORNADO XL that will be available very soon for K170 type Turbines will you be making a Hurricane XL to for the same size turbine?

Meesh 07-21-2011 06:40 AM

Henry,

If someone gets upset about the name choice, try Typhoon. Same type of storm, different Ocean.

Bob

RCISFUN 07-21-2011 06:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Meesh

Henry,

If someone gets upset about the name choice, try Typhoon. Same type of storm, different Ocean.

Bob

Good one but Ron also has that one taken, it is the smaller version of his Hurricane which he introduced in the Spring of 2010....;)
And his Typhoon is the of the same power class as the one shown here.

Someone should kit these two jets, they fly great!!! And no tail pipe needed.

Modellbau USA 07-21-2011 07:05 AM

Well i totally respect his work but I will be keeping the name as is.

As for the Hurricane XL yes we will be making a large version as well. The Tornado XL will be avialble at the same time as the Hurricane and the Hurricane XL will be released in late December early January it will be 40% bigger. Wing Span 85" Fuselage length of 96" built for the K170, P160

TUMBLER 07-21-2011 07:08 AM

Looks cool. I like it!

Modellbau USA 07-21-2011 07:20 AM

I have received several emails asking the actual speed we got out of the airplane. Well here in the USA it flies 200mphhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif. In Ecuador during test flights we got 235mph with no problem with a stock K80F. Even with a P60 we were pushing 200mph, performance is great.

Meesh 07-21-2011 07:23 AM

Wow! What a slippery design!

Bob

Modellbau USA 07-21-2011 07:28 AM

Thats what she said lol

glowplugboy 07-21-2011 07:43 AM

Very, very nice. Price is right, too. But if I crashed my Hurricane, I guess I would experience "tropical depression" HAHAHAHAHA!!!:D

Mike

RCISFUN 07-21-2011 07:45 AM

What about a Jet Central Rabbit or would that be too much at 20Lbs of thrust, maybe the Bee would be better?

LGM Graphix 07-21-2011 08:01 AM

I like it, much nicer than the tornado, though I would like to see a picture of the actual airplane, even if just the primer'd prototype. The color rendering looks much different than the fuselage plug photo's. I hope the nose doesn't end up rounded off like the color rendering shows and the canopy doesn't look so bubbly like the color image.

Modellbau USA 07-21-2011 08:09 AM

The rabbit will do just fine the K80's have 18.5-20 of thrust depends on the engine they are best so the rabbit will be just fine. Like I said before as soon as we get our demo I will post pictures and video.

Newskin78 07-21-2011 08:16 AM

The King Techs run very very strong they produce published thrust and then sum so I would not worry about the rabbit. Henry I spoke to a few friends down in Brazil that were at Itu were you really turning off your engine and demoing engine out performance with the Tornado and F86?

basimpsn 07-21-2011 08:24 AM

What's up with these jet names from modellbau ,Storm, Tornado, Hurricane what next Tsunami :D

P.S Remember i said it first ;)

Modellbau USA 07-21-2011 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well what can I say I like natural disasters lol, I have flown a lot of hurricane recon in the 737-800 you might say I nuts.