RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Digital pressure gauge from Dreamworks question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10678060-digital-pressure-gauge-dreamworks-question.html)

KXH121 08-19-2011 04:46 PM

Digital pressure gauge from Dreamworks question

OK,
Here is a question that will make me fill slightly silly once I get the answer. I have been working on my SkyMaster L39 for the last 2 weeks and it is near completion and I have burned a lot of brain cells doing the final rigging. I have one of the digital pressure gauges from Dreamworks and I cannot remember if it came with instructions or not. The biggest question I have is:

1) It came with 2 each Air Power Three way fill valves. The big question is where do the 3 nipples connect to? I can figure one to the gauge, one to the tank, and the third to the ??????

2) Second question is: To power it up, I know you need a male/male servo lead plugged into a spare channel or separate battery altogether (?). If to a batter it will obviously need a switch. I am using a 12X but my spare channels are slowly being used up.

Any help is appreciated.

FalconWings 08-19-2011 05:56 PM

RE: Digital pressure gauge from Dreamworks question

On the tee, one to the gauge, one to the fill valve, and one to your system

On the battery, I think you can connect it to a Y off of a non primary servo.

KXH121 08-19-2011 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Falconwings,
The 3 way fill valve is like a "T" not a separate "T" itself. The best way to describe it is a fill valve with 3 outlet nipples; one nipple to the gauge, one nipple to the tank and the third nipple goes connected to where? Here is an image close to what I have, this image has TWO nipples though and mine has THREE.

FalconWings 08-19-2011 06:53 PM

Sorry, meant to say one to the digital gauge, one to the system, and one to the air bottle.

k12rc 08-19-2011 07:20 PM

nipple to gage tee one gageone to tank if you are using jr come off second battery port
be happy to take pic if you need it

gruntled 08-20-2011 05:40 AM

I Y'ed mine off the nose steering servo.

George 08-20-2011 08:47 AM

Ken,

It's been a real long time. How have you been?

Regarding the fill valve, they are just saving you the trouble of having to "T" off to your system down the line somewhere. Like Falcon said, the third one goes to the "system" (the actual valve you are using to control the specific system, i.e.. brake valve, retract valve etc.)

And as far as the power lead, just as has been mentioned, just "Y" it.

R/
George

KXH121 08-20-2011 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello George,
Good to hear from you buddy.

Thanks for the info on the fill valve, I was drawing a blank as to where the 3rd nipple would connect as this was the first time I have seen/used them. Todd from Dreamworks recommends using water traps with the EV-5 which is what I am using so I will have one nipple going to the twin retract tanks, one nipple to the inlet "A" on the air pressure gauge and will blank off the other nipple. I do not want to put the third nipple on the system since the water trap will be between the tanks and the EV-5 as designed (I think????). Same for the extra tank for the Brakes. It will have a separate water trap and 3 nipple fill valve going to inlet "B" of the pressure gauge and the third nipple will be blanked. See pic below.

v/r
Ken