RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   You Know You're A Jet Pilot When?? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10845881-you-know-youre-jet-pilot-when.html)

bevar 12-08-2011 05:54 PM

RE: You Know You're A Jet Pilot When??

Oh sweet! Are you saying when I go to Bus school in a couple of years...just bring my 12X and I'll ace it???

EXCELLENT!!!!!

Beave :D

ORIGINAL: VF84sluggo

Now hold on there a minute, pal! That A-320 is like a big rc jet that the pilot just happens to be sitting in. The stick, excuse me, the 'side stick' and the throttles, excuse me again, the 'thrust levers', are connected to nothing more than pots and wires...just like a 12X! :D

Sluggo

Wayne22 12-08-2011 06:05 PM

okay, back to the program....

You know you are a jet pilot when you know what hysol is, and you're not afraid to use it.....

kirkhall 12-08-2011 06:13 PM

You know you are a real rc jet pilot when you work on and fly your jets rather than sit on rcu and fight and ***** about other people.

Doolittleraider 12-08-2011 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
When some swinging donkey dk gets on a JET PILOT thread, trying to take some hardline stance or "sumthing" and you L.Y.A.O as your jet homies smack him down cause they fly heavy metal but still love rc jets as much as you.

When you pay tribute to the military by firing up your scale jet and burning some jetA....... beetches!!!!

skydive we through with you, your money is on the table! Holla jet beetches!

rctech2k7 12-08-2011 06:56 PM

I like this thread, funny that makes my stomach ache, good network also between jet pilots regardless of scale and sizes, except for some minor comments...

rctech2k7 12-08-2011 07:01 PM

when you, your car and your house smell of kero after coming from field.
when you say to your wife that your jet is an investment...

rcjetsaok 12-08-2011 07:38 PM

The trouble maker need to : Lighten up Francis " for sure and, Sit down shut up and color !!!!!

Boli. I'm can relate to the " Undertall " !!! :D :D As far as "Dude" goes I agree with you on that !!! Just remember, Any man can be a father, but not every man can be a Daddy !!!!! :D;)

Danno

blackmancantfly 12-09-2011 02:58 AM

So true Danno.

Every man can be a jet pilot, and not every man can be a funny man, SKYDVE is definitely not a funny man.

rctech2k7 12-09-2011 04:20 AM

skydve76 – this thread pertains to the model jet pilot, we omit model, RC, UAV, etc. because we’re on RC website and we welcome those with far greater responsibility, the full scale jet pilots… it’s fun to see these guys in good spirit, in fact we all have the same passion if I’m not mistaken. If you’re asking me if it’s real, yes, it is real aircraft, real jet-powered UAV or simply jet. The operator is called pilot, there are different kind of pilots for small scale and full scale aircraft. We used to designate them based on the weight and application of a vehicle. Maybe you’ve noticed that sometimes they called them toy when playing around but it doesn’t mean it’s a toy because the reality this is not for children, these aircraft is capable of handling great amount of energy and power, before you build and fly these kind of aircraft, you need lots of skills and knowledge which takes years to fully understand depending on your background. But even if you knew, there’s always something to learn on this aircraft. Hope you’re clear about that… Some of the post here are the consequence when your fly jet, some represent themselves and others, whatever it is I found out that the author is correct for saying "The Truth is funnier than fiction". You can come and fly with us on the field so you can experience that this is more than that when you see these aircraft take to the sky and with people around you.

warbird_1 12-09-2011 04:26 AM

When your EGO is bigger than your common sense lol

bevar 12-09-2011 06:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Danno...fathers send their daughter to Drivers Ed...Daddies say "Hey...Mommy is still sleeping...we are camping at Disney World so lets go grab a cup of coffee together and I'll teach you how to drive!

ORIGINAL: rcjetsaok

Boli. I'm can relate to the '' Undertall '' !!! :D :D As far as ''Dude'' goes I agree with you on that !!! Just remember, Any man can be a father, but not every man can be a Daddy !!!!! :D;)

Danno

rcjetsaok 12-09-2011 08:02 AM

ORIGINAL: bevar

Danno...fathers send their daughter to Drivers Ed...Daddies say ''Hey...Mommy is still sleeping...we are camping at Disney World so lets go grab a cup of coffee together and I'll teach you how to drive!

Boli. I'm can relate to the '' Undertall '' !!! :D :D As far as ''Dude'' goes I agree with you on that !!! Just remember, Any man can be a father, but not every man can be a Daddy !!!!! :D;)

Danno

Too funny !!!!! :D:D

Danno

az3d 12-09-2011 03:44 PM

You ask everyone else to land so you can take off and fly in circles.

RCKen. 12-09-2011 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

You can build a nice airplane like me in the picture</p>

rcjetsaok 12-09-2011 04:01 PM

ORIGINAL: az3d

I personally have never asked anyone to land, and I couldn't fly in a circle if I wanted to... What were you flying when you were asked to land and by who and where, and what type of flight pattern were you involved in when this request was presented to you ???... Burden of proof is on you concerning this occurrence. Witnesses with Affidavit's would be helpful concerning these allegations..... I know a good Lawyer if you need one !!!! [>:]

bevar 12-09-2011 04:10 PM

Danno...it was me.

Beave :(

PS. Uh...not really! LOL

I personally have never asked anyone to land, and I couldn't fly in a circle if I wanted to... What were you flying when you were asked to land and by who and where, and what type of flight pattern were you involved in when this request was presented to you ???... Burden of proof is on you concerning this occurrence. Witnesses with Affidavit's would be helpful concerning these allegations..... I know a good Lawyer if you need one !!!! [>:]

roger.alli 12-09-2011 07:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob2160

Here is a video about JET PILOTS

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BzU1sYPjzo[/youtube]

Thanks Rob.... That's the funnest thing I've seen on the net this week. Good to see all my cousins tax dollars well spent.. The RNZAF Rocks..

Roger

DavidR 12-10-2011 03:25 AM

He's a good lawyer Danno but he's also a jet pilot..... So he will have to recuse himself in the above-mentioned case....

Xairflyer 12-10-2011 04:21 AM

Your knee's stop shaking

Dr Honda 12-10-2011 04:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

Your knee's stop shaking

Yep... I agree.

I've been flying RC for +30 years, and haven't had any nervous shakes for as long as I can remember. BUT... when I put up my turbine... it takes the first 3 minutes to calm down. (i'm new to turbines)

RCISFUN 12-10-2011 06:05 AM

Better to be the knee's than the hands;):D

ChrisPetersen 12-10-2011 09:13 AM

You know you are an "RC" Jet pilot when you have spent more on just your turbine than your buddy did on his whole Extra 3whatever, and youre wingspan is the size of his elevator.:D

Wayne22 12-10-2011 06:35 PM

good one!

rctech2k7 12-11-2011 05:05 AM

I remember before my first turbine flight, I started with EDFs on an 18 lb turbine airframe. I think I got too confident for a light wing loading trainer with Thrust/Weight ratio around 50%. Forgot to check CG position that it was specified for turbine with fuel tank forward and empty. It was very intense, my finger and knees were all shaking because the aircraft rotates quickly and climb, then stall, and I lost all the controls. The good part it banks and with help of rudder it dives and regained control but too close to the ground. I went back to the runway trying to hold elevator while oscillating. It was a big lesson.

rctech2k7 12-11-2011 05:09 AM

agree, also it's more solid and heavy...

rctech2k7 12-11-2011 05:11 AM

when you fly an aircraft with less air inside...

gawlevi 12-14-2011 11:22 PM

when 200 mph just doesn't seem fast on an rc aircraft anymore

gawlevi 12-14-2011 11:25 PM

when your jet lands faster than the prop plane can go at full throttle

bobg 12-15-2011 02:18 PM

when you get it back on the short grass runway the second time!

bobg 12-15-2011 02:19 PM

and third time !!</p>

jude165 01-08-2012 08:42 PM

When your jets give you wood and your wife doesn't any longer!

ricardinho 02-01-2012 04:34 PM

:D

John Casey 02-01-2012 04:41 PM

When you have only One operational jet...and four on the side....
lining the walls of your living room.......... as back -ups.

jetster81 02-01-2012 05:58 PM

when you don't have to wear bicycle clips anymore

rpm303 02-01-2012 06:28 PM

When props are for boats:D

AndyAndrews 02-01-2012 08:38 PM

When the last thing you think about just before you go to sleep at night after your prayers is your jets

ColinJ 02-02-2012 01:03 AM

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

When the last thing you think about just before you go to sleep at night after your prayers is your jets
Or worse how much you have spent on your jets http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../omg_smile.gif

as722 02-03-2012 05:29 PM

When you have to land as soon as you take off.

BaldEagel 02-04-2012 06:08 AM

You Know You're A Jet Pilot When someone asks what you fly and you say "Toy Airoplanes the same as you" and mean it.

Mike