RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   NUREMBERG NEWS? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/10939812-nuremberg-news.html)

jetster81 02-02-2012 03:27 AM

NUREMBERG NEWS?

Anyone spotted any newly released jet related stuff at the Nuremburg fair?

Colin Gontier 02-02-2012 04:03 AM

RE: NUREMBERG NEWS?

Only really exciting thing is the Ripmax Hunter. Very very nice. We should hopefully have the confirmed arrival date and most likely price as well during the course of the show but it is imminent.

Cant wait to get started on mine. I had a Mick Reeves one on which this is based and instantly regretted it when I sold it.

As this is such a corker I've decided its got to be available through Boomerang.

We are taking enquiries as of now. First shipment is likely to be popular so first come first served. Get your names on the list !

I will see if I can get some mobile phone pics uploaded shortly.

Pinnacle Aviation 02-02-2012 05:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love mine, i hope it has this much detail on it

Will it be that same price MR sell's them for £690 LOL :D

PHIL GREENO 02-02-2012 05:34 AM

Just spoke to Ripmax sales this morning RRP will be £2300.

No delivery date yet.

Phil

Jamie C 02-02-2012 05:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These are pictures that were taken at a Classic jets event in 2010 of one of the prototypes, Colin Strauss was flying it.

jetster81 02-02-2012 06:49 AM

I read elsewhere that it comes in a highly prefabricated state with retracts/oleos/wheels. brakes ,doors,flaps,airbrake etc already installed.is that correct?

Colin Gontier 02-02-2012 08:06 AM

Im not sure how "installed" they are but yes a very complete ARF

I very much doubt Phil Greeno has got the price right though - unless that is a cost without undercarriage. If it is £2300 with undercarriage, amazing !

jetster81 02-02-2012 08:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Colin Gontier

Im not sure how "installed" they are but yes a very complete ARF

I very much doubt Phil Greeno has got the price right though - unless that is a cost without undercarriage. If it is £2300 with undercarriage, amazing !
Thats what I was thinking.
<br type="_moz" />

PaulD 02-02-2012 08:16 AM

Im not sure how ''installed'' they are but yes a very complete ARF

£2300 is 3700 USD - I think it would be reasonable to expect that the gear is included at this price. [:o]

PaulD

ColinJ 02-02-2012 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: PHIL GREENO

Just spoke to Ripmax sales this morning RRP will be &pound;2300.

No delivery date yet.

Phil
Not terribly close to the Mick Reves price then http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

Geoff White 02-02-2012 08:50 AM

Look at this thread for more info on the Hunter(post 15)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10936225/tm.htm

Duncan 02-02-2012 08:55 AM

i wonder if they will do any other schemes or even a plain one?

Geoff White 02-02-2012 09:00 AM

I will be really p****d if they do a MissDemeanor scheme

Andy Aldridge 02-02-2012 09:01 AM

So will I

Duncan 02-02-2012 09:10 AM

me to, i hate it lol, i bet your reasons were slightly different ;)

CJ2002 02-02-2012 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Geoff White

I will be really p****d if they do a MissDemeanor scheme
Hey, the spray shop's empty mate...:D

PHIL GREENO 02-02-2012 09:47 AM

Colin,
I spoke to Jena head of sales at Ripmax as Colin Straus is also in Nurenberg she said the price on their system just said &pound;2300 complete.How complete that is she could not say.

Go and ask CS he is there I am sure he will give you full details.

Phil.

Dave Wilshere 02-02-2012 10:51 AM

I'll post the full information on this after this weekend. I have a meeting booked to discus this project further. Its not yet finalised how the model will be sold in the UK.

Dave W

modtron 02-02-2012 10:51 AM

When I was talking to Nick about the Hunter the week before Christmas, I asked about how they would be marketed.
His reply was - direct sales from Ripmax as they would not be able to offer a trade mark up and make it a reasonable price.
It was also said, that it would be complete with U/C - this item alone has been the cause for delays in production.

modtron
Oxford UK

ModellbauUK 02-02-2012 11:07 AM

Let the battle for UK distribution begin. <div>
</div><div>Ace looking model though</div><div>
</div><div>Let's hope the price doesn't convert simply by changing the $ to a £</div><div>
</div><div>Low priced quality jet products is what is required to bring the quality products within the reach of all UK jet models. Quality pilots doesn't necessarily mean a bottomless purse. Just natural ability. Sounds like have got their margins sorted to take the US market by storm </div>

Colin Gontier 02-02-2012 11:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dont forget that any US price would be 20% less than any UK price off the bat as there is 20% VAT to contend with over here - well for professional organisations at least of which Ripmax are one.

Some pics from the show anyway..

CJ2002 02-02-2012 11:25 AM

If it is reasonably priced, it'll sell well...there were 1972 Hunters built and flown by many Air Forces the world over...so plenty of potential markets. At one time, I'd have fought to get one of these...but having spent so much time around Big Gs Airworld one whilst waiting for the Ripmax one to appear, my thirst has sort of been satiated! That said, there has never been a more beautiful shape flown, so maybe...!

Cheers,

Dick
England

Jamie C 02-02-2012 11:32 AM

What Dick said! i can see one of these in my workshop, not too long before i will have the time to finish it aswell!

Robrow 02-02-2012 11:39 AM

Anything else jet related besides the Hunter?

Rob.

ModellbauUK 02-02-2012 11:43 AM

Dont forget that any US price would be 20% less than any UK price off the bat as there is 20% VAT to contend with over here - well for professional organisations at least of which Ripmax are one.

Some pics from the show anyway..

Bought my first boomerang intro from Alan when he wasn't a "professional" outfit. Went to his house and saw his whole UK stock of 2 models He wasn't vat registered then and the price was a whole lot lower

From small acorns..........<br type="_moz" />