RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   JMA Long Marston Jet Meet July 14th-15th (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11135181-jma-long-marston-jet-meet-july-14th-15th.html)

GrayUK 07-12-2012 04:23 AM

RE: JMA Long Marston Jet Meet July 14th-15th

Very quiet on that question........[8D]

jason 07-12-2012 05:11 AM

I'll be there early Saturday morning now.

J

Jamie C 07-12-2012 06:17 AM

I am aiming to be there around 8, maybe have some Mig action before burning kero.

Geoff White 07-12-2012 06:19 AM

Thats a good idea Jamie. Seeya at 8 for some Mig dogfights.

Pat Barnes 07-12-2012 09:06 AM

Get those wheels off yours Jamie, or Geoff will have all the advantage! Have a good weekend fellas!

jason 07-12-2012 09:18 AM

Right I'll be there at 8am for the pre meet Mig action.

Note to Jamie and Geoff, best not forget the foam safe cyno ladies [X(]

J

Dizz 07-12-2012 10:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: CJ2002

...................................... looks like the only thing I might take is my electric Venom...even then I don't know if I will coz of the pleasure it'll give Dizz ripping the piss re dark-side migration! .....................

As if I would!http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...sn/biggrin.gif
Bring the Venom and you can have a go with the Attacker (Dark Side temptation)

<br type="_moz" />

Dizz 07-12-2012 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: jason

Anyone camping on site Friday night?

J
Was contemplating shifting to B&amp;B, but sticking with the tent option now so I'll be there about 17.30 on Friday.
<br type="_moz" />

GrayUK 07-12-2012 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Dizz

Anyone camping on site Friday night?

J
Was contemplating shifting to B&B, but sticking with the tent option now so I'll be there about 17.30 on Friday.
<br type=''_moz'' />
Brave man!

Jamie C 07-12-2012 12:38 PM

Right I'll be there at 8am for the pre meet Mig action.

Note to Jamie and Geoff, best not forget the foam safe cyno ladies [X(]

J
Pat,

The wheels are off and i am ready for battle! will be taking the sabre aswell, has a bit more umph!

The Jetrebel is clearly going to give it death!!

John Tancock 07-12-2012 01:10 PM

Weathers looking a bit more stable for Saturday!

Hope it holds out for you Dizz!

Mig Fest, sounds like a laugh!

Not sure what time we're going to get there yet!

JT

Dizz 07-12-2012 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: GrayUK

Brave man!
Only after some cider http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...spinnyeyes.gif
Have checked the forecast and it doesn't look good for putting the tent up Friday evening so moving on to plan C - arrive early on Saturday.

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
<br type="_moz" />

Jamie C 07-12-2012 01:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We have 40 plus pilots booked in, being as it is not a military base and no security issues to contend with i expect some people will just turn up anyway. Looking at the forevast the weather is going to be kind to us.

Jason,

Going to be 'keeping up foreign relations' in combat this weekend?

Geoff White 07-12-2012 02:12 PM

Mav, just make sure you give him the finger

johnls 07-12-2012 05:04 PM

It looks like I won't be coming. I was flying my T33 yesterday when it did an uncommanded pitch up. I quickly landed it and flew my Comp-Arf Yak which promptly had about 7-8 uncommanded pitch ups in a single circuit. Looks like the elevator pot has gone in my 14 MZ Transmitter. I can't get it to Ripmax until Monday.
Very disappointed as I was really looking forward to this one. My luck has got to change at some point, so far this year I've had a broken leg/knee, a brand new Jaguar written off, my van blew up, house boiler packed in,etc, etc!!
I don't suppose anyone going has a spare 14MZ I could use for the weekend?

John

siddus74 07-12-2012 10:43 PM

Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time ... I should have pulled my finger out and joined the JMA ....

Scott.

CJ2002 07-12-2012 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: johnls

My luck has got to change at some point, so far this year I've had a broken leg/knee, a brand new Jaguar written off, my van blew up, house boiler packed in,etc, etc!!

John

John, if you promise not to rub any of your bad luck off on it, you can borrow my 14MZ Tx for the weekend...have emailed you my mobile #...let me know.

Siddus, come along and join on the day mate...the weather looks OK and the turnout good! Download and fill out the Membership Application form, give it and the £30 to Rog Kilbey, Jamie Cuff or me tomorrow, together with proof of BMFA membership and B Cert and you're in!

Cheers,

Dick

Jamie C 07-13-2012 12:33 AM

ORIGINAL: johnls

It looks like I won't be coming. I was flying my T33 yesterday when it did an uncommanded pitch up. I quickly landed it and flew my Comp-Arf Yak which promptly had about 7-8 uncommanded pitch ups in a single circuit. Looks like the elevator pot has gone in my 14 MZ Transmitter. I can't get it to Ripmax until Monday.
Very disappointed as I was really looking forward to this one. My luck has got to change at some point, so far this year I've had a broken leg/knee, a brand new Jaguar written off, my van blew up, house boiler packed in,etc, etc!!

John

John,

You have to come! Dick has a Tx you can use so no excuses!

Geoff White 07-13-2012 01:08 AM

It's all sorted and he is coming!

PHIL GREENO 07-13-2012 04:38 AM

Hope to arrive tomorrow mid afternoon as I have work in the morning (customers picking up repaired nitro cars).

Just finished final set up on my new Ultra Flash so hope to maiden if wind direction is suitable as I dont fancy a heavy cross wind first flight.

Also booked in at the New Inn pub/hotel so looking forward to the evening meal/banter.

Weather looks good with Sunday best.

Phil.

CJ2002 07-13-2012 05:40 AM

ORIGINAL: PHIL GREENO

Also booked in at the New Inn pub/hotel so looking forward to the evening meal/banter.

Sorted...John's using my Tx so we'll get to see his T-33 !

I aim on coming to the pub tomoz night for the meal with my son Sam...may I ask you guys to keep the language and jokes clean...coz you know how offended I get at that kind of thing! :D

Cheers,

Dick

Geoff White 07-13-2012 05:43 AM

:DDick....Just spat my coffee out all over my keyboard at work...He's a student...I expect him to teach us a few things

CJ2002 07-13-2012 08:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Geoff White

:DDick....Just spat my coffee out all over my keyboard at work...He's a student...I expect him to teach us a few things
T'was my poor attempt at humour Geoff...I was refering to me, not Sam (I'm sure we couldn't ermbarrass him...you know what he's like after a year at Imperial !!!).

TimWatson 07-14-2012 05:48 AM

Has has the weather been for the Sat event

v8mini 07-14-2012 11:46 AM

would it be ok if i came along tomorrow AM?
currently building a Habu P20, and would like a close look at one built if any are there.
i would join up, but still trying to get my "B" test aranged, its just getting timing right with this weather.

thanks

Simon Stubbs