RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Electron Retracts (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11293238-electron-retracts.html)

tp777fo 11-10-2012 02:50 PM

Electron Retracts

Bent the worm drive, the trunion and slide on my nose gear retract. Dreamworks not open on the weekend to ask the expert, but does anyone know if Todd stocks spare parts? Anyone ever gotten parts direct from the manufacturer? Overall the retract is extremely well done.... ball bearings on both end of the worm drive and the work is awesome.

Robrow 11-10-2012 10:13 PM

RE: Electron Retracts

In my experience The manufacturers offer a very rapid turnaround service, give them a call or email, I'm sure Todd would do the same.

Rob.

asimace 11-11-2012 11:22 AM

My experience also could not be better.
You can contact them by email and expect an answer the same day most of the times.
Xoel is The Man and they really stand up behind their products.
I'm a happy customer and only dealed with them direct.
Mauri

tp777fo 11-12-2012 09:23 AM

Super fast response from Xoel. Parts have been ordered. These retracts are outstanding. I really hit the nose hard on a large clump of grass when I over ran the runway. I really bellieve any other retract unit would be toast. The retract unit is machined from solid aluminum. I bent the worm drive spindle and trunion slide...no other damage. I highly recomend these retracts. I noted on their web site they have electric brakes available also.....might have to give those a try.

Airforce7 11-12-2012 12:38 PM

Got an email overnight about my wheels and electric brakes ready to ship. Looking forward to these as I have the retracts sitting in a box. I may retrofit my UF, which uses air driven retracts, or use them in a future jet.

tp777fo 11-16-2012 05:19 AM

Fabulous service from Xoel at Electron!!! Fast email response, parts in the mail the day we determined what I needed to repair. These retracts are outstanding. Machining that is is unbelievable (frames machined from a solid block of hard aluminum) and they work flawlessly. I ran off the end of our runway and bent the drive gear when the nose gear hit a large clump of grass. I really believe any other retract that I have ever used would have been trashed. I highly recommend these retracts to everyone. Great job Xoel! Thanks for your support!

tp777fo 11-22-2012 06:11 AM

Less than 2 weeks from the time I dinged my jet, my parts are in hand. Great job. Now after I eat loads of turkey I will retire to the shop and repair me nose retract. Happy turkey day everyone!

Vincent 11-22-2012 08:24 AM

You mean after the nap ;)
Vin...