RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   Ripped off Turbine sale (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11375639-ripped-off-turbine-sale.html)

FalconWings 01-20-2013 06:56 AM

RE: Ripped off Turbine sale

ORIGINAL: dubd

ORIGINAL: essyou35
Yeah, I act like because of how I was treated when I started in jets asking questions on here,payback sucks huh?

http://cdn1.elitedaily.com/elite/wp-...by_crying.jpeg
I think he is poopie.

pmerritt 01-20-2013 07:05 AM

ORIGINAL: wd40

Do not sale to this man he is a thief he has filed a case on my pay-pal for almost $2000.00 dollors on a jet centrail turbine that i sold to him 9- 9- 2012 He told paypal that i did not ship the turbine to him, I have email's that tell me to ship it to the the [ USA ADDRESS THAT HE HAS HERE ON RCU, AND NOT TO HIS HOME ADDRESS IN CHILI ] I have the UPS Tracking # that showes some one singed for it in Fl. He also rated me here for the tubine sale as good, so I know he has the turbine I have sent all of this in to paypal ,but still could lose this case Because I did not send it to the paypal address he has on file with them.
I have been in this for over 30 years, and this is a first time this has happen to me just a low down P.O.S. HE IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His name is Eugenio Oisel

<span style="color: #ff0000">Does it cost extra if the customer"sings" for the delivery? How many times do we read wherea hard up("phew, Isoldit to some sucker for what I wanted")sellerviolates basic knowledge as does something they aren't supposed to do? Then gets burned and here comes the wah wah? Come on people. Rule #1 of selling on the internet. Require a personal acceptance of the item (pick upat the shippers location especially on valuable items)and cyoa with insurance. $2,000.00 itme shipping to a different address and receipt by an unknown "singer"? You said you have been doing this for 30 years??? And you have read how many stories of how UPS, USPS, Fedex just toss the box out the door on the way by? Maybe your story will help someone in the future. Even if the 9-9-2012 should be 9-9-2013, he couldn't protest thetransaction 90 days later! A receipt showing you sent something on your enddoesn't mean squat. to PayPal. Delivery confirmation only means theletter carrier tossedthe item somewherenearthe front door! I feel for you but 90% of the PayPal complaintsdealwith folks that just don't shipsmart (meaning do everything on their behalf to protect THEIRitem).

Think of thisas you being the buyer.Yousent your money trusting that the item you paid your hard earned money for evengets sent. You hope likehell it's packaged decent enough to withstand shippingtorture. You wait days, weeks for your purchase. You don'treceive your item.Then what? Sellersfault,God's fault, shippers fault, nobodies fault, youdon'tget your purchase and NONEof that is within your control. Everything from the minute you send your money depends on the seller!! Feedback can be left haste fully based on the selling relationship and not necessarily about the final view of the item. CYOACYOACYOA....
Maybe this will all work out, and hopefull so. Paypal's rules are there for the reading! This isn't about them at all. </span>

leider 01-20-2013 07:51 AM

Chile is not such a big country and the RC community is not so big, meaning we all know each other or we know someone who knows....

Two locals, Tilaco and Gonzalo, gently offer to help in the matter, they didn't get a nod or a word in reply, but we have people bashing "the foreigners"..... come on people, RCU give us the opportunity to work all together let's use it in a positive way.

Daniel

stoneenforcer 01-20-2013 09:25 AM

sorry to hear this. i sure hope you get your funds returned! Im dealing with a similar issue. The seller canceled the transcation after I paid him and failed to issue a refund. I have a paypal case open. see how they back me up.

Hinckley Bill 01-20-2013 11:33 AM

Had an issue with a 3 initial jet supplier a few years ago.....paid for 3 jets via Paypal and was supposed to get in less than 45 days. 4 months went by and no jets, mfg refused to provide refund when I tried to cancel purchase.

Paypal refused to get involved because of 45 day limit.

Was I shafted...not at all because I funded the paypal payment via credit cards. I called my CC company up explained the situation and they canceled payment immediately and took the charges off my bill.

Paypal and the mfg complained to me but said. "sorry delivery date not met and no telling when jets would be shipped so deal was canceled

Luchnia 01-20-2013 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Hinckley Bill

Had an issue with a 3 initial jet supplier a few years ago.....paid for 3 jets via Paypal and was supposed to get in less than 45 days. 4 months went by and no jets, mfg refused to provide refund when I tried to cancel purchase.

Paypal refused to get involved because of 45 day limit.

Was I shafted...not at all because I funded the paypal payment via credit cards. I called my CC company up explained the situation and they canceled payment immediately and took the charges off my bill.

Paypal and the mfg complained to me but said. ''sorry delivery date not met and no telling when jets would be shipped so deal was canceled
Nicely done!

Just a thought, but why don't guys with high dollar turbines, jets, airplanes, etc., attach a gps device and the item can be tracked anywhere in the world with just your PC. If I am not mistaken these can be purchased for under 100 dollars and some of them are small enough (smaller than a small razor type cell phone) you could mount them in such a way that you would have to tell the person where it is or package in such a way they would not find it just ripping open the package. You would know everywhere your package is at all times and pretty much the exact time it arrives.

Just think, you find the customer says he did not get the 4 thousand dollar package and you find it tracked right to his theiving hands. Police arrive at scum bags' house and you tell them where your tracking device is! Walla, smack down city and dude tries to squirm out of that one in front of the judge.

If it is not a scammer on the other end then just have him snail mail your tracking device back.

MP3_tilaco 01-20-2013 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

Never Ever sell internationally UNLESS:

1, They send you a check that clears and you wait at least 1 week after it clears.
2, Then you can ship the item out, if it doesn't appear its buyers responsibility, take no liability for international shipping, if you think USPS is bad you have no idea of the corruption in other countries.
Sorry but I bought a lot in USA, China and another countries, I didn't have any problem and I live in Chile too. [&o]

USA is not the world. [:-]

tenacious101010 01-20-2013 03:39 PM

Based on two items I sold on RCU. I will never accept Pay Pal again. I shipped a plane to a guy Greyhound, buyer didnt go to go pick it up for a month. It was not there when he finally went to get it. PayPal returned his money. Funny thing is, RCUs contract says something like "buyer requires insurance..." kinda stupid since its the seller that buys the insurance. I tried to get RCU to remove that from the contract, but they still havent done it. Oh well, end result, no more accepting Pay Pal for me.

Xairflyer 01-20-2013 04:38 PM

If buying something at there is a delay in you getting it whether genuine or not always file a dispute with paypal on the 44 day it can always be cancelled when sorted, let the seller know you have just filed it to keep yourself right, if he is genuine then there wont be a problem.

I have been rang by Paypal after about 30 days of making a purchase and asked did the transaction go ok as it flagged up on their system being a certain value and India !

mike31 01-20-2013 05:21 PM

This is why I use post office money orders. Get the money in your hands first. Works every time! They make international money orders as well.

wd40 01-20-2013 06:46 PM

mp3 tilac here is his address

EUGENIO OISEL ARCE
Chancal # 236 Fundo Las Monjas
Lomas de San Andres
Concepcion
Bio - Bio
Chile

DiscoWings 01-20-2013 06:54 PM

ORIGINAL: MP3_tilaco

USA is not the world. [:-]
haha go on thinking that :)

DiscoWings 01-20-2013 06:59 PM

if paying by paypal, ALWAYS USE CREDIT CARD to make the payment, never use the paypal balance or bank instant transfer. With CC not only do you have paypal's protection but your credit card.
Also the credit card to use is AMEX. Paypal likes to cry about why you are using your cc instead of bank transfer, let them cry[>:]

While paypal has its issues, Its still good for most purchases, I find most issues on rcu classifieds are not for scams but shipping issues such as items getting damaged, items getting lost, or other factors outside of the shippers control. The problem is that the shipper has this idea that responsibility should be shared between the buyer and seller, sorry its not. Its the seller responsibility to deliver the item to the buyer, buyer has fulfilled all of there obligation at the time of submitting payment.

bw5493 01-20-2013 10:31 PM

I agree, nothing ticks me off more than having to drop what I am doing, drive the 15 miles to the main Post Office just to get a MO. Retarded! Use your Amex, or Visa and run Pay Pal. I have shipped a jet, and no I didn't put it on a Grayhound. I had it crated and shipped via trucking company from Boise to Ohio, insured for the full amount, and it cost $250 total. That included building the darn crate! I split that with the customer, so for $125, the guy got his F16 as advertised, and a custom wood crate with spray foam that matched the jet inside so it's safe to tote to jet rallies too. Folks, it's not rocket science, why throw dollars at saving dimes. If you agree to ship, then pay the money, or have the customer pay to ship, and give them quality shipping, with the buyer having to sign for delivery. This way you are protected as others have listed above.

It just makes me mad when I hear about folks that put $5,000 worth of stuff in a $20 crate and ship for $10 via Grayhound..and then cry when it didn't go well. And now they have good folks jumping on the perverbial bandwagon and using stone age tools like MO's.

on_your_six 01-21-2013 07:23 AM

You should have stopped after your word internationally.

A check takes a lot longer to "really" clear then when the funds become available. It is not unheard of for a check to bounce 60days later especially in an international circumstance. I think that it would be wise to insure the package for the full value in the case of an international sale with delivery receipt required.

There is no 100% absolute method of selling through the mail anywhere. I really think that PayPal is leaning too far to the side of the person paying PayPal. That is their client.. so that is who they defend.

There is no proven internet fraud prevention method for either the buyer or the seller. So if anyone tells you different, someone will find a whole in the process. That is why I do not sell anything outside this country.

Nice to know about shipping to a paypal verified address. If they change that then paypal should be made aware. Now you are part of the paypal process if you don't. Oh the things we do to defraud each other.

ORIGINAL: DiscoWings

Never Ever sell internationally UNLESS:

1, They send you a check that clears and you wait at least 1 week after it clears.
2, Then you can ship the item out, if it doesn't appear its buyers responsibility, take no liability for international shipping, if you think USPS is bad you have no idea of the corruption in other countries.

Ravivos 01-27-2013 02:18 PM

it is a real shame to read all of that...
although sorry for wd40 and his bad experience, i would like to present it from a different point of view -
as an Israeli guy, that flies RC planes for the last 20 years, i bought a lot of stuff off the internet, bought a couple of turbines and even a full jet from an RCU member.
the ONLY way for me to pay is using paypal, and i can assure you that most RC guys are honest and trustworthy, i would never scam a guy for a few (even thousand) bucks.
my word and reputation is much more important than a few dollars that i scammed out of a fellow RC pilot.
please don't take wd40's bad experience as a total reflection to all paypal transaction, there are some of us out there that are still honest and friendly.

Ravivos.

Hinckley Bill 01-27-2013 02:27 PM

Ravivos,

I couldn't agree more with you......

Many deals, lots of good ones on both seller and buyer side.

Made many good friends through sales and have enjoyed 'the road trips' I've gone on to do both!

Bill

sideshow 01-27-2013 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: dubd

ORIGINAL: essyou35
Yeah, I act like because of how I was treated when I started in jets asking questions on here,payback sucks huh?

http://cdn1.elitedaily.com/elite/wp-...by_crying.jpeg
*spits out drink* ROFL

extra 300 01-28-2013 07:34 AM

There will always be scammers around that's a fact. But assuming that International sales are risky and should not be performed is totally outrageous....
Although fully understand WD40 concern and much regret his possible loss, Beleive there are way more honest people (in this hobby) all around the world than scammers....

For those against International sales, It would be best not to implicitely insult a whole community especially if you did not experience a mishap but only condemn out of false assumptions!!

Regards,

reo 01-28-2013 08:13 AM

ORIGINAL: wd40

I just sent him a email and got this back pay pal is screwed up!!!!!!!
Eugenio Oisel
8:31 PM (9 minutes ago)

to me

Hi. Is funny i didnt nothing. Was a surprise to me. Im waiting monday to.talk with paypal people in order to know more.details of this concern.
Sorry for this inconvenient. But im really sure is a mistake
Eugenio

so, has this been resolved?...was it a paypal error?

Gonzalo38 02-02-2013 02:22 AM

From what I've heard, this problem has been solved.

It would be nice that WD40 let everybody know how this thing ended. I think it's fair that if you come to a forum exposing a case like this and giving names, you should keep everybody informed and the reputation of that person reestablished if the thing was an error or things were settled.

rbxbear44 02-02-2013 06:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Gonzalo38

From what I've heard, this problem has been solved.

It would be nice that WD40 let everybody know how this thing ended. I think it's fair that if you come to a forum exposing a case like this and giving names, you should keep everybody informed and the reputation of that person reestablished if the thing was an error or things were settled.
+1

IMO, there ought to be equal protection to the Seller too. Just to come in and invade your PayPal balance because of a dispute a buyer makes that may or may not be valid is wrong too! We used PayPal when I owned a company that made custom Kitchens. We shipped a fully custom kitchen to Long Island, NY. $45k was paid through PayPal. The owner signed off an Affidavit that required two witness signatures and Notary that everything was 100% completed, perfect and fit. 41 days later we get a back charge for the full amount with no warning or due process PRIOR to taking the funds back out. They filed a dispute for "incomplete delivery", got their money back and then filed for Bankruptcy protection 30 days later, during the dispute time. The Trustee took the money and we never saw one dime!

tkline 02-02-2013 07:11 AM

Sounds like they had some free home renovations very well planned out!

wd40 02-04-2013 04:27 PM

I thought this was all taking care of,but he has done it to me AGAIN !!!!!!!! I just checked my paypal and I have a new charge back for $1900 form this guy. I would like to know where this guy is in the USA I will have him put in Jail asap.

EUGENIO OISEL ARCE
Chancal # 236 Fundo Las Monjas
Lomas de San Andres
Concepcion
Bio - Bio
Chile

AndyAndrews 02-04-2013 04:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

You cant blame Paypal, paypal always protects the buyer (the person who spends the money) which could be you sometime, it is still the safest way to buy anything online.

Yes the buyer must file a claim with 45 days, once he does, paypal will ask parties to make contact to try to sort out without paypal themselves getting involved, if not sorted, paypal will ask the seller for tracking details, if you have it you will be ok.
However you should only send goods to the customers registered or verified paypal address. i.e. the address that will come from paypal with the notification of payment.

If you make arrangements with the buyer to post to another address, (not registered with paypal) it may then get a bit more complicated, but if you have an email from the customer asking for this and post tracking to that address you have a strong case.

AGAIN to be clear, The only way for a seller to be safe (remember paypal is protecting the buyer here not the seller) only post to address supplied to you by paypal and always have post tracking/registered/signed for etc.

Wrong. Paypal is terrible. I don't accept Paypal as a payment unless it's below $50. No way do I want them to tie up my money just because some buyer files a fraudulent claim. If you don't believe me just google "Paypal stole my money". You will get like 175,000 hits.