RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   FEJ Ultra Large Sport Jet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11386781-fej-ultra-large-sport-jet.html)

jetpilot 01-27-2013 04:56 PM

FEJ Ultra Large Sport Jet

1 Attachment(s)
Just noticed this on website. Looks like the Ultra Dragon Slayer!!
Year of the Sports jets!
http://www.flyeaglejet.com/en/FEJ%20sports%20Jet.html

causeitflies 01-27-2013 06:38 PM

RE: FEJ Ultra Large Sport Jet

Wow! Looks like a carbon copy.

DiscoWings 01-27-2013 07:40 PM

carbon copy of what a plane that doesn't exist?:eek:

Neil Collins 01-27-2013 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That is 100% a carbon copy of the cad drawing of the Skymaster Ultra Dragon, talk about a cut throat industry.
This picture is from the Skymaster thread
Out of principle I won't be buying one.

DiscoWings 01-27-2013 08:33 PM

how do you know the two companies aren't collaborating on a similar design to cut cost? Or are licensing the design.

Have you seen the scio fs-r and Subaru brz? they look like carbon copies, use the exact same engine and drive train yet were developed with Subaru and Toyota working together. Calm you self before you go around without having all the facts straight, I'm sure James can chime in and explain exactly what is going on.

jetpilot 01-27-2013 09:30 PM

Collaborating huh?
two different sizing and two different prices doesnt sound like a joint venture.
And then of course they make every other single model of each other in the same size.
competition is fierce!!
Scott

Doug Cronkhite 01-27-2013 09:39 PM

That's pretty pathetic.

PaulD 01-27-2013 09:46 PM

Funny, Shui comes out with a plane that looks more like an UB to me than this one and everyone thinks it's cool. The Chinese do the same thing and all hell breaks loose.....[:'(]

PaulD

jetdriver 01-27-2013 10:08 PM

you are100% correct! I think shui's Shock Wave is COOL. Cool enough to make me buy one. It is similar to the UB but by no way is it a copy. this deal between FEJ and SM ultra dragon is crazy! the cad drawings that Anton put here on RCU for us to see his idea is the same drawing EXACTLY, that FEJ is is claiming as their new sport jet. SHUI did not do anything remotely close to what FEJ is trying to pull off. this could get interesting

jetpilot 01-27-2013 10:24 PM

I've never thought a Shockwave looked like an Ultra Bandit, but then again I've owned them both and had them side by side. Not even close.
These two are identical!
Scott

Doug Cronkhite 01-27-2013 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: PaulD

Funny, Shui comes out with a plane that looks more like an UB to me than this one and everyone thinks it's cool. The Chinese do the same thing and all hell breaks loose.....[:'(]

PaulD
Not even close to the same thing Paul. Do a little research first. FEJ basically took Anton's 3d model images and claimed they were making their 'new sport jet'.

DiscoWings 01-27-2013 11:11 PM

waiting for pilot_tw to respond to the ultra dragon thread, if there is no deal between fej/skymaster than indeed FEJ is guilty as charged. But I'm still holding judgement until Pilot_tw or skymaster chime in.

patrnflyr 01-28-2013 05:53 AM

Shockwave, to me at least, looks like a grown up Habu FG32 not an Ultra bandit. Also, notice FEJ doesn't show the inner wing panels mounted to The fuselage like the Skymaster build.

DiscoWings 01-28-2013 07:15 AM

shockwave is made by Composite arf for Shulman Aviation, if anything it will resemble the Ultra Lightning in construction (materials, hinges, horns and hardware).

Anton replied to the skymaster thread but wasn't very clear so I asked again, but it seems to point to "No we didn't do anything with these guys they are doing there own thing"

tothemax 01-28-2013 10:06 AM

Lookin good. Nice price.

gtoro26 01-28-2013 03:52 PM

remember everything over there can be said what is said
but we all have to remember that everything is an illusion
they might have different factories in different towns over on that side of the world
but how do we know they dont have underground tunnels in secret

?????????

david robinson 01-28-2013 07:01 PM

Gabe you make no sense. Go back on your meds

gtoro26 01-28-2013 07:09 PM

Sorry was on a diabetic sugar low wen I wrote that

bilboB 01-29-2013 12:12 AM

What happens over there is designers swap from one company to another quite quickly and take their designs with them. This is not the same as copying each others work</p>

RCUFan 01-29-2013 05:24 AM

ORIGINAL: bilboB

What happens over there is designers swap from one company to another quite quickly and take their designs with them. This is not the same as copying each others work</p>
back again Dennis? you must love rcu? may be if you swap to another hobby and take your methods with you?

FalconWings 01-29-2013 05:32 AM

ORIGINAL: bilboB

I didnt know they had designers. What do they design?