RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   My Friend’s JL New Version 1/6 F16 Has Arrived (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11415511-my-friend%E2%80%99s-jl-new-version-1-6-f16-has-arrived.html)

keweiliang 02-19-2013 05:05 AM

My Friend’s JL New Version 1/6 F16 Has Arrived

1 Attachment(s)
<span style="font-size: larger; ">Hi,
<span lang="EN-US">Report from </span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-family: Tahoma; ">Xinjiang province </span></span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma; "><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"><span style="font-size: larger; ">China</span></st1:place></st1:country-region></span><span style="font-size: larger; "><span lang="EN-US" style="font-family: Tahoma; ">.</span> </span><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: larger; "><span lang="EN-US">The new F16 power by JL&rsquo;s T16, has 35lbs of thrust at 122300rpm.</span></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span style="font-size: larger; "><span lang="EN-US" style="font-family: Tahoma; ">The latest release of turbines from JL, Including T16 and T18,</span></span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: larger; "><span lang="EN-US" style="font-family: Tahoma; background-color: white; ">Their diameter</span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-family: Tahoma; "> is same with JL T12&rsquo;s 112mm,<span style="background-color: white; "> but the length and weight slightly different</span>.</span></span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt"><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size: larger; "><span lang="EN-US" style="font-family: Tahoma; background-color: white; ">This kind of</span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-family: Tahoma; "> turbines made in China, more and more Chinese customers started to use this kind of engine, inexpensive, strong power and very economical.

Regards
William<br type="_moz" /></span></span></p>

keweiliang 02-19-2013 05:09 AM

RE: My Friend’s JL New Version 1/6 F16 Has Arrived

1 Attachment(s)
<span style="font-size: larger; ">more photos</span>

FalconWings 02-19-2013 05:58 AM

Tell JetLegend, since you live close to them, that their customer service sucks.

I would never let a friend buy anything from JetLegend, and I think it is many of us now on the same boat.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11..._1/key_/tm.htm

Pepperpete 02-19-2013 09:37 AM

Falcon I have great respect for you. But are you going to do this in every JL thread??

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

Tell JetLegend, since you live close to them, that their customer service sucks.

I would never let a friend buy anything from JetLegend, and I think it is many of us now on the same boat.

DiscoWings 02-19-2013 09:39 AM

I think falcon's posts are very helpful, if a company can't backup there products people should know!

mr_matt 02-19-2013 10:55 AM

Well with iron ore at US$151 per metric tonne, this turbine should cost US$0.25

Can I get a discount if I post good things about it on the internets?

jeff sewell 02-19-2013 10:58 AM

They normally do provide reasonable backup, but he had a bad experience so fair enough.

With the greatest respect though and I mean that sincerely, I think that most people who come onto the jet forums will have seen your posts and will understand your issues.

Isn't it time you let it go and got over it?

Anyway, William, do they have the 180 turbine ready?

Jeff

FalconWings 02-19-2013 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: jeff sewell

They normally do provide reasonable backup, but he had a bad experience so fair enough.

With the greatest respect though and I mean that sincerely, I think that most people who come onto the jet forums will have seen your posts and will understand your issues.

Jeff
Nope. Not done until everyone is aware.

FalconWings 02-19-2013 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Pepperpete

Falcon I have great respect for you. But are you going to do this in every JL thread??

Yes. I was treated like crap. They disserve it. Every single Jet Legend post, I will be there. They could care less about me, so it is now my moral duty to let others know.

Just so you know, I bought their product and was extremely happy with it, and perhaps helped sell a few through my positive comments. So I dont know if the crappy treatment is jsut a new trend, but from the feedback I have recieved it is.

See you next thread.

David

Fair is fair.

FalconWings 02-19-2013 12:53 PM

And please dont take it personally, this is not about me vs other modelers nor distributors. It is about me vs this brand name.

If it helps, just ignore my posts. I understand they may only be useful to some folks. It is those I'm after.

Regards,
David

keweiliang 02-20-2013 05:09 AM

Hi Jeff,<p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US">As far as i know,</span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;background:white;mso-highlight:white;mso-font-kerning:0pt"> they have also released </span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">T18 at the same time.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">My friend who lived in FoShan city <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">China</st1:country-region></st1:place> got the first T18 engine last month. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">His JL 1/6 F16 power by the new T18,after successfully maiden flight,he said&rdquo;WOW&hellip;CRAZY! CRAZY!&rdquo;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">He enjoy his flights very much.</span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:9.0pt;font-family:宋体;mso-hansi-font-family:" times="" new=""> </span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">As a friend, I am also very happy,but I live far away from them.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">I am a cardiology doctor,just a customer.Because the hospital&lsquo;s work too busy, so I haven't fly for a long time.<span style="background:white;mso-highlight:white"> I look forward to funny flight with my friends</span> <span style="background:white;mso-highlight:white">as soon as possible</span>.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">Next time i will upload the T16 and T18 flight video from my friends&rsquo;s camera.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;background:white;mso-highlight:white;mso-font-kerning:0pt">Tha</span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">nks for your attention.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt"></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">Best regards<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">William<o:p></o:p></span></p>

wojtek 02-20-2013 07:44 AM

ORIGINAL: jeff sewell

Jeff
Nope. Not done until everyone is aware.

Its refreshing to see posts like this to me honestly, and I greatly factor such opinions and experiences into my product decisions. Most people will go online and tell how great something is even if its crap, just because that's what they have, or that's who's rear end they are kissing up to, lol .. and if someone posts an honest negative opinion, usually they end up being bashed over it ....cronyism. Thanks to the few who post what they see without embellishing crap in hot fudge, I have for the most part managed to avoid some bad purchasing mistakes myself, or at least had a better idea of what I was getting into.

Also, because of honest posts about quality issues, i think we have seen some manufacturers actually make effort to improve their products and service. Often this some at a price$$ , but so be it .. currently the general opinion and experience with Jet Legend is pretty bad out there. If they listen to the (prospective?) client base, they have a chance at getting back in the game, like others have ..

~V~

jetpilot 02-20-2013 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Well with iron ore at US$151 per metric tonne, this turbine should cost US$0.25

Can I get a discount if I post good things about it on the internets?

Matt,
I see your using Disco's math regarding turbine pricing!

Scott

jetpilot 02-20-2013 10:22 AM

I would actually like to buy a Jetlegend YAK, but after reading Davids post about his experience I think Ill wait!
Scott

DiscoWings 02-20-2013 10:34 AM

Same here, I have seen Jet legend completely ignoring falcon wings which seems like a prelude to how they would handle any situation should it arise.

the yak looks really nice and it appears they copied the design and build methods heavily from the rusjet project so it has a lot of scale details...If global jet carries them and has a check list than it may be a possibility,

jeff sewell 02-20-2013 12:52 PM

Okay, back to the thread in hand...

William,

Thanks for the reply; do you know the thrust of the 180? I run the T12 in my Viper and I'm very pleased with it as are the other guys who are running them here so I would like a 180 maybe for my YAK 130 :D

I received the new version F16 too - it is an extremely nice jet and very light with the new construction methods.

Have fun!!!

Jeff

mikedenilin 02-20-2013 08:02 PM

Each factory has its good and bad either in service and products. We carry many brands of jets and witness first hand the growth of some brands because of their better customer services. Jet Legend has some great products. For instance, we can't keep enough of Viper in stock because it's outselling many other kits in our inventory now. Their service is not the best, but still has a group of loyal customers because of their great products. We are the buffer between the pilots and factories so in case the factory falls short of customer's expectation, we can take the hit for our customers. After all, we want to retain our customers regardless what brands they like or not. Each factory is competing for our customers/members so they will likely listen to us more than listening to a single buyer. The factories have also been burned by dishonest customers, so they could be over reacting to complaints. I have seen some really bad customers who will lie and cheat just to take an advantage of our factories. As a matter of fact now, we are dealing with a customer who decides not to return an extra set of landing gear that he did not pay for. They are the main causes of distrust among factories and customers. I hope all of us can work together to get rid of these bad apples out of our jet community whether they are factories or customers.

About the Yak, we are still evaluating it and will only start selling it once it's fully tested. It's pretty outside, but only the test of time can reveal its true inside.

The T12 is runny flawlessly in my Viper too. I am sure the T16 and T18 will do the same.

Mike

LGM Graphix 02-20-2013 09:09 PM

To be honest, I didn't even realize jet legend was still around. You never read anything more about them in the forums and for almost two years I sent an email every couple months inquiring about an F5 and never once got a reply. Eventually it became a game to me, wondering if they would ever reply so I just kept resending the same email. Not one reply in probably close to two dozen emails over the course of a couple years. To bad really.

mikedenilin 02-20-2013 11:34 PM

If they are not doing something right, would they have the fund developing their own turbine engines, T12, T16, and T18 in addition to other planes?

You would have a better chance dealing with their dealers than contacting them directly. They are focusing on production and product development and let their dealer network do the selling and servicing.

They don't have F5. Feibao, Skymaster's, and Airworld do.

Mike

Mylo 02-20-2013 11:45 PM

Mike,

I have the previous JL 1/6 scale F16 which I recently commenced building.

It's a great airframe, however I would be very interested to know what changes or improvements have been made with the new version.

Also, do you know whether the JL thrust tube is adequate enough for a 180 size turbine?

Regards,
George

keweiliang 02-21-2013 02:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
<span lang="EN-US">Hi Jeff</span><span style="font-family: 宋体; ">,</span><p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US">I am very sorry,i have no more details about this new T18 now.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../sad_smile.gif</span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;background:white;mso-highlight:white;mso-font-kerning:0pt">Yesterday my friend in <st1:state w:st="on">GuiZhou</st1:state> </span><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">province<span style="background:white;mso-highlight:white"> <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">China</st1:place></st1:country-region> also received his </span>JL new version 1/6 F16.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">Also power by JL&rsquo;s T16, by the way,the lighting system is also their latest products.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">share the photos below.All the photos in my post came from our chinese rc jets forum:</span></p><p class="MsoNormal" align="left"><span lang="EN-US" style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;mso-font-kerning:0pt">http://5irc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&amp;tid=12108598&amp;extr a=page%3D1<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US"></span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US">Regards</span></p><p class="MsoNormal"><span lang="EN-US">William</span></p>

jetpilot 02-21-2013 05:27 AM

William,
Was all that work done at the factory?
Wonder what the all up cost would be for an F16 like that.
Scott

mikedenilin 02-21-2013 08:00 AM

Hi George,

The new version has vacuum formed Airex fuselage, so it's a lot stiffer and lighter. More detailed panel lines, and rivets are added. For the first version, you might want to add some carbon strips on the rear section of the belly to stiff it up. I cracked the paint job on the bottom a few times because it was too soft to carry the weight on a stand.

I flew my first version with a Rhino fine, so it's OK for 160-170N. You might want to go with a thicker walled pipe for engine larger than that. This plane was designed to fly with 120 even though most of us are flying it with 160+ thrust. I recommend you use a thicker pipe for larger engine.

This plane is very light even after we did some ARF PRO stuff. I had some fuel line problems and flamed out 6 times while flying it far and away. Managed to fly it back to runway. I am sure the new version will fly as well or even better.

Scott - the factory can do RTF for our customers on special orders. If you are interested, you can send me an email at [email protected]

My Viper is a RTF out of the box. A large portion of our orders are RTF now.

William - that's a nice looking F16. You better tell your friend to lock the doors.

Mike

LGM Graphix 02-21-2013 08:22 AM

ORIGINAL: mikedenilin

If they are not doing something right, would they have the fund developing their own turbine engines, T12, T16, and T18 in addition to other planes?

You would have a better chance dealing with their dealers than contacting them directly. They are focusing on production and product development and let their dealer network do the selling and servicing.

They don't have F5. Feibao, Skymaster's, and Airworld do.

Mike

It's been a long time now, it was the f20 I had been asking about. Similar to the f5.
As I say, I just didn't even know they still existed, you don't hear anything about them anymore.

DiscoWings 02-21-2013 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: jetpilot
Matt,
I see your using Disco's math regarding turbine pricing!

Scott
Disco knows the difference between Nickel and Iron, but I see you obviously don't!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inconel

Inconel is on average 70% Nickel, but ahh there all metals right? Just like they are all planes, Ultra Lightning, Ultra Bandit same thing :D