RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   WHICH RADIO? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11448702-radio.html)

Tampaflyer 03-18-2013 06:27 PM

WHICH RADIO?

so as i leave the large EDF jets and going back to turbine, found a better feild :) ,

i have a choice of a DX7 or An Airtronics SD-10g...

anyone having any issuses the airtronics?, i have been a jr/spektrum guy for some time. and not starting another which is best
brand.

sysiek 03-18-2013 06:55 PM

RE: WHICH RADIO?

At least buy jr 9303 for the extra Chanel the dx 7 it's ok just 7 ch and use only power safe rx with two life batteries straight to rx .

weazel1 03-18-2013 06:56 PM

im an airtronic fan for years but im considering the futaba for there great work and reliability on there 2.4 systems

SECRET AGENT 03-18-2013 06:56 PM

The Good: Love my SD-10G. Even more than the Stylus it replaced. Crazy fast response. Fly a Skymaster F-15 and everything else in my fleet with it. Never lost a signal yet.

The Bad: I don't like the way the 10 channel receiver only allows for digital servos. I tried analog ones with the 10 channel receiver and they wouldn't work or chattered like crazy. The 8 channel and fewer receivers can use both analog and digital though. All my new planes get digital servo's because of this.

My .02 cents.

memtenn60 03-18-2013 07:02 PM

Hi there, This is not a reply to the question but I have a question regarding radios & recievers and cannot find how to post a new subject. My question is : With 2.4gHZ technology,,,, can I use a Futaba reciver (2.4) with a Spektrum radio. When I search for recievers from different hobby shops they usually imply they are specific for a particular brand. Is this correct or can I use any brand 2.4gHZ reciever. I am a newbie and thought if 2.4 tehnology was the main stream it should not mater the brand
Thanks for any reply
memtenn60

ira d 03-18-2013 07:15 PM

I have been flying my turbine with the Airtronics SD10Gwith the10ch receiverfor over two years and it has worked just fine.

ira d 03-18-2013 07:20 PM

ORIGINAL: memtenn60

Hi there, This is not a reply to the question but I have a question regarding radios & recievers and cannot find how to post a new subject. My question is : With 2.4gHZ technology,,,, can I use a Futaba reciver (2.4) with a Spektrum radio. When I search for recievers from different hobby shops they usually imply they are specific for a particular brand. Is this correct or can I use any brand 2.4gHZ reciever. I am a newbie and thought if 2.4 tehnology was the main stream it should not mater the brand
Thanks for any reply
memtenn60

The radios are brand specific, A few years ago when Futaba and Spektrum had module radios Spektrum made a module that would fit in the Futaba but thats all gone
now. I think Hitec may still make a radio that uses a module but I dont know what non Hitec gear is still being made for it.

gunradd 03-19-2013 02:39 AM

Where is the new field??

You can use a Futaba 8FG that has 14 channels and wont break the bank.

Xairflyer 03-19-2013 03:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pick up a JR 9303 (9XII) and put a Frsky 2 way module in it, rock solid 2.4ghz system with telemetry and realistically priced receivers, or wait till next month for the release of Frskys own transmitter Taranis which uses the JR 9303 case.

It is going to be some radio with upto 16ch's, receiver match, (model match), voice alarms for the telemetry and along with its own built in 2.4 telemetry system also has additional module port so you can plug in say a DSM2 module and still use your bind & fly stuff.

http://www.frsky-rc.com/ad/lIST.ASP

Tampaflyer 03-19-2013 03:28 AM

CAN-AMallows turbines.. but is a grass feild. so i bought a shockjet. sport flying with no worries.

scott page 11-21-2013 02:26 PM

Now that this radio has been "in the wild" for a few months it's proven to be a Champaign transmitter at a beer price. Some folks get befuddled at the Opensource interface for programming, but there are a bunch of videos available @ https://www.youtube.com/user/PagesFlyingCircus/videos to help out. Also threads in a couple other forums with people proving tons of help. The only place in U.S. you can get them is Alofthobbies.com and because of the popularity the waiting list is fairly long. FrSky is a rapidly growing company that seems to have trouble keeping pace with the rapidly growing popularity of their radio products.

Bob_B 11-21-2013 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by gunradd (Post 11448948)
Where is the new field??

You can use a Futaba 8FG that has 14 channels and wont break the bank.

or even better the new 14SG