RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Jets (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/)
-   -   WHY JETs ARE EXPENSIVE? OR, NEED TO BE!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-jets-120/11482773-why-jets-expensive-need.html)

josecilurzo 04-18-2013 03:51 AM

WHY JETs ARE EXPENSIVE? OR, NEED TO BE!!

I read the last posts about problem on JET KITS, i flight jets since 2001/2002, and, i had many jets from many manufacturers, my conclusion, after many jets and crashes, is : THE GREAT JET NEEDs MANY HOURS IN PROJECT, MANY HOURS ON FLIGHT TEST, HIGH TECHNOLOGY IN COMPOSITE MATERIALS.
Well, i saw many, many, many guys here, trying boasting that found the "AMAZING LOW COST JET" or JET COMBO, but, DOES NOT EXIST CHEAP JET, OR TURBINE, OR ACCESSORIES.
Now, after many AMERICAN and, EUROPEAN factories closed your doors,. and, many peoples lost your jobs, WE ARE SEENG the TSUNAMI of brokien jets!!!!
Now, many pilots that looking for CHEAP JETS WILL STOP TO THINK IF THIS AN GREAT DEAL!!!
At this time i'm not talking about brands, maybe, this post not come out or suffer penalty!!!
If anybody knows my BRANDS PM me.

JOSE

bluescoobydoo 04-18-2013 04:07 AM

RE: WHY JETs ARE EXPENSIVE? OR, NEED TO BE!!

there is no reason for jets to be as expensive as they are it's just they know they can charge high prices so they do, if no one was paying big money for them they would have to lower their prices.
if you have seen flyeagles new factory you can see how much profit is in them so don't be fooled by people who say they are not makeing good money from jets

Dr Honda 04-18-2013 04:33 AM

ORIGINAL: bluescoobydoo

there is no reason for jets to be as expensive as they are it's just they know they can charge high prices so they do, if no one was paying big money for them they would have to lower their prices.
if you have seen flyeagles new factory you can see how much profit is in them so don't be fooled by people who say they are not makeing good money from jets
+1

Wayne22 04-18-2013 06:13 AM

you fellas may have missed the posters point....jets from some sources are being thrown on the market without sufficient R&D and quality of labor and materials. The " savings " goes to the bottom line, rather than to the consumer.

So, for what you are getting, they are overpriced and unsatisfactory products. And at the same time, because of their price point, they make well engineered jets look terribly expensive.....when in fact this is exactly where long term value lies.

AndyAndrews 04-18-2013 06:40 AM

Because there are factories out there making TONS of money on unsuspecting customers. As long as buyers continue to pump in the money and the demand remains high the prices won't go down. From what I am hearing there is one company out there getting ready to have a fire sale and may be dumping their prices just to sell one more jet.

erbroens 04-18-2013 07:54 AM

Hi Jose, I think that a good jet should be well engineered, and not necessarily need to be expensive.

Biggest issue in my way of view things, is that most people start to get bored after doing 500 or 1000 flights in the old, "expensive branded" models wich hasn´t changed in 15 years. They want something different,new and possibly more challenging.

The companies that offer something different are the ones who have cheaper labor expenses, and less experience in aero engineering. The result is inevitable. I feel bad for both parties.

Maybe something that would help is a norm, in wich all airframe should pass a series of tests in the factories to give some additional information on it´s build quality to the buyer, like positive and negative g-rating, max landing g, Vne, etc.. and this has little to do with costs. in fact, I think this would make jets cheaper in the long run.

Not saying that we need a certification at all, but some kind of norm we can define and self-impose may be the solution for minimizing this problem.

josecilurzo 04-18-2013 09:22 AM

i have an respect when i come in 200 mph or more !!! Some aspects are in my hands, but, manufacturing is not one of them!!!
my safety and the people who are around me are my responsibility when i'm flying.

Evrytime when i choose an JET, i think in many factors.

I'm with you Enrique, i think we need an certification for an JET MODEL.

The market has many options, is responsibility of each pilot their choices.

Boa Enrique

Jose

erbroens 04-18-2013 09:47 AM

Hope this will be of any help Jose, if the factories start to fly their models at Vmax at least a dozen times or put some sandbags in the flying surfaces before selling them, it would be great.

And are you going to Manecojet in Chile?

josecilurzo 04-18-2013 12:30 PM

My friend Enrique, discussion in high level is fine ever !!! :D ; our hobby is a high technical level, and this forum is to discuss among friends.
Again, i invite you to fly with us!!! we have an runway with 235 mts, in an area of 140.000 square meters ( 14 bis são jose do rio preto ).
I came from Chile last january ( vacations ), send pics for us, and, make one flight for me !!! :D

grande abraço

Jose

erbroens 04-18-2013 12:53 PM

Thanks a Lote Jose, I am sure I will be able to visit you and your club this year, and pity we are not going to met sooner, at the CACH in Santiago. I´ll take pics of there and hopefuly if RCU keeps working post them.

And yes, you will be remembered there while chatting with S.Paulo friends, and hope to have some flight or two good enough to be tributed to someone! LOL

extra 300 04-20-2013 04:34 AM

Having a good reliable prototype fly safely, doesn't necessarily mean that you get a production line of this same model to be as good and air worthy.
The key is all in the supervising of the production line and QC before kits are released.